It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICAL "THREAD BOMBERS"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Hi Folks,

Before i start and yet again to all our US ATS cousins may i wish you all a happy 4th of July all the way from Europe ; see post here : www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yesterday evening i started a thread about the beginning of a possible military coup in Egypt. The thread in question, which can be found here : www.abovetopsecret.com...
was a thread that i HOPED would help to celebrate the Egyptian people's struggle for freedom and has nothing to do with what is going on in the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!... But it is deeply warming to notice that some people are staying (or have contributed) to the topic in question.

HOWEVER and what really narks me, is the fact that CERTAIN members of ATS from the United States had to go and (even though quite subliminal and discrete)... Just HAD to complain "in one way or another" that YOUR administration (YES the US adlinistration had dealings with this...!)

THE PARTICULAR THREAD IN QUESTION has nothing to do with ther USA but was talking about EGYPT and the freedom and celebration of the Egyptian people on a historic date!

Why do certain people here on ATS have to go and BOMB threads out because they are unhappy with the way the actual or past president(s) of the USA governs them?.

EXPLAIN TO ME PLEASE WHY YOU HAVE TO BOMB THREADS WITH YOUR OWN POLITICAL POINT OF VIEW WHEN YOU CAN EASILY EITHER CREATE A THREAD OR CONTRIBUTE TO A THREAD WITH THIS TOPIC IN QUESTION OR MIND?...

I have a feeling that those of you that i am asking the question to don't even bother to read through all of the posts! (If you do.. then prove it!)

Some of those political (POV) posters have been on ATS for quite a while now and know how ATS works... so, tell me, why do you do this?

Rant over

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 4-7-2013 by Rodinus because: CRAP spelling

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Hmmmm...No body has been in here yet to answer your question...I would like to know why they do that too...I will check back later...

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Could be one of two reasons.
1. It's an American site full of Americans.
2. It's an American site full of Americans.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Perhaps it is because some people are American-centric. They can only relate to an event in terms of how it compares or affects America.

On another thread even I stated that from the events in Egypt I hoped that Americans could learn something.

Regardless, that is the most honest answer I can provide.

Cheers.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rodinus
Hi Folks,

Before i start and yet again to all our US ATS cousins may i wish you all a happy 4th of July all the way from Europe ; see post here : www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yesterday evening i started a thread about the beginning of a possible military coup in Egypt. The thread in question, which can be found here : www.abovetopsecret.com...
was a thread that i HOPED would help to celebrate the Egyptian people's struggle for freedom and has nothing to do with what is going on in the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!... But it is deeply warming to notice that some people are staying (or have contributed) to the topic in question.

HOWEVER and what really narks me, is the fact that CERTAIN members of ATS from the United States had to go and (even though quite subliminal and discrete)... Just HAD to complain "in one way or another" that YOUR administration (YES the US adlinistration had dealings with this...!)

THE PARTICULAR THREAD IN QUESTION has nothing to do with ther USA but was talking about EGYPT and the freedom and celebration of the Egyptian people on a historic date!

Why do certain people here on ATS have to go and BOMB threads out because they are unhappy with the way the actual or past president(s) of the USA governs them?.

EXPLAIN TO ME PLEASE WHY YOU HAVE TO BOMB THREADS WITH YOUR OWN POLITICAL POINT OF VIEW WHEN YOU CAN EASILY EITHER CREATE A THREAD OR CONTRIBUTE TO A THREAD WITH THIS TOPIC IN QUESTION OR MIND?...

I have a feeling that those of you that i am asking the question to don't even bother to read through all of the posts! (If you do.. then prove it!)

Some of those political (POV) posters have been on ATS for quite a while now and know how ATS works... so, tell me, why do you do this?

Rant over

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 4-7-2013 by Rodinus because: CRAP spelling

are you serous? the Europeans take credit for just about damn near everything seriously stop being hypocrites. blah the american said this and that and think their crap doesn't smell when the English are just as bad if not worse on the internet.. Please tell me I'm wrong? I'm so tired of self righteous Europeans bashing Americans on the internet. Does giving internet manners give you people a woody

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

I have noticed this happening more of late as well.

A thread I made the other day, having nothing to do with politics got bombed with some partisan bickering right off the bat.
Thread

And then on the next page a couple members tried turning it into a Muslim hate argument for some reason.

I don't know why people feel the need to do that kind of derailing.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Without reading the posts you are commenting about, I would like to add that there IS a bit of a US connection, in such as you'll see various protestors with anti-obama signs.

Other than that, I really don't see how this relates to the US other than hopefully being an example of a country that apparently works, their president was corrupt and should have stepped down, he didn't, so the army sided with the people, ousted him, and are about to draft a new constitution and wish to involve all political parties in this.

But the wrabbit has it right, a lot of people are unable to understand information without relating it to themselves. The US is very US centric, that's not an insult, it's just a fact.

"The US is part of the world now? Wow, I guess things have changed in the future" Fry, Futurama.

Kinda sums it up no?

p.s. I'm a Canadian, so I apologize now for trying to relate every story here to beer, gorgeous woman, and maple syrup.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

Partly a 1 track mind, partly the need to spread their view and have people "convert" to it, as such, that view has the be posted as much as possible, everywhere, so people are inundated with it.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Why do certain people here on ATS have to go and BOMB threads out because they are unhappy with the way the actual or past president(s) of the USA governs them?

Because many Americans are insular and see the world as an extension of America , which to an extent these days it is .
Its a sad truth that many don't know or care about whats happening outside of the US , I think some don't even know there is an outside the US

Happy 4th American cousins .

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by Rodinus

Perhaps it is because some people are American-centric. They can only relate to an event in terms of how it compares or affects America.

On another thread even I stated that from the events in Egypt I hoped that Americans could learn something.

Regardless, that is the most honest answer I can provide.

Cheers.

Thanks beezer,

Sorry for coming back so late with my answer.

I guess that some people do not realise that this forum is international and that there is something else after the wall that surrounds the states and the people that do not wish t take of their slippers!?

Thanks

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by shells4u
reply to post by Rodinus

Hmmmm...No body has been in here yet to answer your question...I would like to know why they do that too...I will check back later...

It is the 4th of July and burger frenzy time my dear

*dribbles*

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters

Partly a 1 track mind, partly the need to spread their view and have people "convert" to it, as such, that view has the be posted as much as possible, everywhere, so people are inundated with it.

It bloody well is not where i live :-) I quote you : Because many Americans are insular and see the world as an extension of America , which to an extent these days it is. UNQUOTE... Why are people not open minded and kick down that fragile brick wall that they have created around their country?

And then people here on ATS complain about their past/present president.... Ughhhh i am confused!? but this thread is not about politics... BUT I AM EXPECTING THREAD BOMBERS ANYWAY!

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 4-7-2013 by Rodinus because: Phrase added

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Samuelis
reply to post by Rodinus

Could be one of two reasons.
1. It's an American site full of Americans.
2. It's an American site full of Americans.

I hate to say otherwise, but you are completely wrong... this is an international site

Even if people think in the USA that this site is dedicated SOLELY for the USA?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Dear Digital,

I thank you for your extremely intelligent and pertinet comment.

Yes i am serious, and one of the other reasons that i am being serious about is the fact that people like yourself are so close minded and come back with such aggresive statements.

I would love for you to come up with some REAL facts with info and links as to your statement that Europeans take credit for just about damn near everything (I quote you there)

This was just a rant about how I (as one person) am noticing things on certain threads here, not about handing out lessons in morality to this, that and every other nation.

Do you feel targeted? if so, care to explain why and maybe i can elaborate more in order that this thread does not turn into a bickering session too?

And why suddenly attack the English and Europeans in your post? Does doing so give you an intellectual erection too?

Happy 4th (If you are from the US)

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

I would say that the post you refer to was obviously a joke - but since you took it seriously, I guess the joke wasn't so obvious.

Making a joke in a thread about a decapitation crime was probably in bad taste, but if you can look at it objectively - you'll realize that it was a funny jab at liberals.

So, everyone, for future reference - watchitburn cannot take a joke.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Dear Digital,

I thank you for your extremely intelligent and pertinet comment.

Yes i am serious, and one of the other reasons that i am being serious about is the fact that people like yourself are so close minded and come back with such aggresive statements.

I would love for you to come up with some REAL facts with info and links as to your statement that Europeans take credit for just about damn near everything (I quote you there)

This was just a rant about how I (as one person) am noticing things on certain threads here, not about handing out lessons in morality to this, that and every other nation.

Do you feel targeted? if so, care to explain why and maybe i can elaborate more in order that this thread does not turn into a bickering session too?

And why suddenly attack the English and Europeans in your post? Does doing so give you an intellectual erection too?

Happy 4th (If you are from the US)

Kindest respects

Rodinus

lol do you know how many English people I have had to correct about the invention of the internet not the worldwide web the internet. Your answer to what I said is just how i would suspect. First you make a thread rant that Americans have to always inject some american aspect into unrelated topics.Then when confronted about the post you bring up intelligence and act with a holier the thou type of attitude which is laughable because again you are trying to project the whole manners aspect i just talked about."thank you for proving me correct"

I shouldn't have to give examples just like how I know you are correct about your thread. I have seen examples just like I'm sure most have seen an example of the snobbish attitudes Europeans take when they post about Americans. The big difference here is I rarely see posts about The attitudes of Europeans by Americans which I cant say about European threads about Americans.

Ps when someone insults you like I did you don't use the same insult back it makes you look weak. As for your intellectual woody remark I don't get a kick out of engaging in arguments I'm just tired of seeing the same sad attempt to boost the ego of Europeans posters at Americans posters expenses.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
reply to post by Rodinus

Why do certain people here on ATS have to go and BOMB threads out because they are unhappy with the way the actual or past president(s) of the USA governs them?

Because many Americans are insular and see the world as an extension of America , which to an extent these days it is .
Its a sad truth that many don't know or care about whats happening outside of the US , I think some don't even know there is an outside the US

Happy 4th American cousins .

lol do I need to say anymore? when I can just use a quote from one of the European posters in this very thread?

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Hi Folks,

This really NARKS (great expression) me as well - and I admit to being a US citizen (I do refuse to use the term AMERICAN because there are several other nationalities in North and South American that have the same claim).

Frankly, we US American's, are childish, self-centered and self-serving. It's our great downfall and, I fear, always will be. We see nothing beyond ourselves and our bordors as even being real. I'm fortunate to have lived some of my life outside the US and have friends and acquaintances of many nationalites (thank you US civil service) but still have to be conscious at all times of my 'AMERICAN' native and self-centerness.

Thanks for the rant and best wishs to the Egyptians. I've a friend, an Egyptian friend, who's family lives very near to Tarhir Square and it's rather scary for them right now - but exciting too.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I believe honestly that many people here don't even read the threads, but rather feel the need to tell us that they hate Obama, regardless of the o.p
Egypt? -Obama
There lives aren't that great? - Obama
Niburu? - Obama
Over cooked eggs? - Obama
Nettle rash?- Obama
Hail in New Hampshire? - Obama
Dark matter? -Obama

It's like so bad that I feel as though they have only one mission here:
Blame it on "whatever american political party is in charge"
Seems to come mostly from the:
"I hate Obama so bad that I hate my country and want to go to war with my very own brothers and sisters!" type of deal..which (imo) is as unpatriotic as it gets..

anyways, good rant, S/F
edit on 4-7-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by digital01anarchy

I feel much anger in your words Digital so all i can do is give you a great big smile and hope that you have a great day.

Just because you have found a couple of bad appples in a basket does not mean that all the apples are rotten.

Oh, and for the insult, i quote you here "Ps when someone insults you like I did you don't use the same insult back it makes you look weak"

For the snobbish attitude that you talk about concerning Europeans ; This might be the case in some examples, but in my opinion, this could also be due to the fact of the cultural differences between different countries.

There is a great link here as to how some US citizens stereotypically see Europeans :

I wrote a hugely popular post on what Europeans think of each other, and we all know what Europeans think of Americans (that we’re fat and stupid – well, it’s a bit more complicated than that; I’ll delve into that in another post). In this post, I’ll write my experiences with my fellow Americans think about Europeans. Keep in mind, though, that the diversity of knowledge and opinion in the US is far greater than just about anywhere else in the world, so I’m not going to capture everyone’s sentiment.

dailycandor.com...

Why should i start playing sily games such as insulting you back, this is not the purpose of having an intelligent adult conversation is it?

But if you feel better in thinking that i am weak then i respect your opinion Digital.

Hoping that you can manage to smile today?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

edit on 5-7-2013 by Rodinus because: Link added

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join