It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egyptian army detains ousted president Mohamed Morsi, rounds up Brotherhood leaders

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Egyptian army detains ousted president Mohamed Morsi, rounds up Brotherhood leaders

www.rawstory.com< br />

Egypt’s army was Thursday holding the country’s first democratically elected president Mohamed Morsi in detention, hours after abruptly forcing him out of office following days of deadly protests against his turbulent rule.

A senior military officer told AFP the army was “preventively” holding Morsi, whose government unravelled after the army gave him a 48-hour ultimatum in the wake of massive demonstrations against him on June 30, exactly a year into his rule.

Morsi’s defence minister, armed forces chief General Abdel Fattah al-Sisi, announced Morsi’s overthrow on state tele
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Again the voices of the Egyptian people has been heard by the armed forces in Egypt. Again they have stepped in to protect the people. And stood by their ultimatum that Morsi should step down. Further 300 arrest warrants have been issued for Muslim Brotherhood members.

The Muslim Brotherhood seem no different and just as corrupt to the original Mubarak. They have not been allowing judges to follow the court of law and arresting activists and protesters...

There has been condemnation of US support or the Muslim Brotherhood. Just like US for Mubarak.

www.rawstory.com< br /> (visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by fluff007

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Wise message, it really is. Giving out a clear statement, could work like an eye opener to all the people who tend to generalize a government into a whole country.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Happy Independence Day Egypt

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   

I wonder when we the people in this nation will take into our hands to take the corruption that has taken over Washington too, I kind see all this happening in other countries with envy.

We as citizens are not celebrating Independence day today, what we are celebrating is a mockery and what independence day used to be

Bravo Egypt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

I wonder when we the people in this nation will take into our hands to take the corruption that has taken over Washington too, I kind see all this happening in other countries with envy.

We as citizens are not celebrating Independence day today, what we are celebrating is a mockery and what independence day used to be

Bravo Egypt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know what it will take Marg, they have us so divided I don't know what single event will bring us all together, you know that ole divide and conquer thing really works.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

You know with all the scandals and all the erosion of liberties, the secrecy in which our own government hides from the people and still nothing shakes the nations population, it wonder if is what they are feeding us or giving us in our water, I will not dismiss those ideas.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

You know with all the scandals and all the erosion of liberties, the secrecy in which our own government hides from the people and still nothing shakes the nations population, it wonder if is what they are feeding us or giving us in our water, I will not dismiss those ideas.

I don't dismiss those ideas either marg, how many of our population young and old are on antidepressants and painkillers, or self medicating themselves with drugs and alcohol that they keep pushing, recently I read pain meds are killing more women then cervical cancer.

In regards to the MB,
[Our] work in America is a kind of grand Jihad in eliminating and destroying the Western civilization from within and "sabotaging" its miserable house. — Memorandum, Muslim Brotherhood in North America, 1981

We are so politically correct we are useless.
edit on 093131p://bThursday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   

I have been following how our nation is been infiltrated by foreign interest, the best thing to reconstruct a nation and destroy their base is from the roots, the only thing that stand in the way is our constitutional laws.

Interest have a lot of money to give away and plenty of whores in congress to take it.

Sometimes I just try to live like everybody else, dreaming of better days and like nothing is happening, but I cannot, why I can see things that others don't? or just ignore? I don't get it most of the time.

I can tell you that antidepressants is one of the most offered medications in the market, even my doctor tried many times to get me to takes them for anything it doesn't matter what the problem is, they just offer them like candy.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I know we both have been following closely, many people I know just want to live in their fairytale world chasing rainbows, these same rainbow chasers are all on antidepressants so I guess it isn't working, I like that world too and have to shelter myself from the sad reality and upheaval facing this planet, that I need to distance myself from, from time to time.

I only have one answer,

edit on 093131p://bThursday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
this is far from over.

Egypt Islamist Coalition has called on followers to come out and protest on Friday.

now, lets wait and see what kind of numbers turn out for that and see how it goes down.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum
this is far from over.

Egypt Islamist Coalition has called on followers to come out and protest on Friday.

now, lets wait and see what kind of numbers turn out for that and see how it goes down.

I've just posted about that in another of the myriad Egypt threads.

Protests after Friday prayers. What could possibly go wrong...

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar

Originally posted by lacrimaererum
this is far from over.

I've just posted about that in another of the myriad Egypt threads.

Protests after Friday prayers. What could possibly go wrong...

I have a weird feeling it will be more violent with less of a turn out. How ever the increase of violent acts and the over all "volume" of their cries and or threats will garner them plenty more attention on the mainstream media.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by fluff007

They should have just said Obama to make it more clear. Most Americans see Obama supporting a group of people ( Muslim Brotherhood ) that are our sworn enemies and simply wonder why Congress has not impeached his treasonous Muslim arse yet.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Our idiot leader Obama says, "refrain from arbitrary arrests"...
While fully aware of human rights violations by MB goon-squads raping women and check their virginity in Tahrer Square...
Just Google it for proof.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I'm still reeling over the preplanned date of July 4th for this Egyptian Coup, it's really difficult not to believe this wasn't engineer by the USA

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skydancer
I'm still reeling over the preplanned date of July 4th for this Egyptian Coup, it's really difficult not to believe this wasn't engineer by the USA

Im suspicious too, both roads lead to rome, the sharia brotherhood and the military coup???

But, remember this, the biggest protest the world has ever seen just took place, countless millions. I think they'll keep standing up if they are betrayed, so if there is another plot against the people in the works, not sure they'll pull it off, for the people have spoken and they're not going to sit down again.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
This looks like an al-qaeda flag:
postimg.org...

Not that I would be surprised anyway...
I feel that this so called "military coup" was the lesser of two evils.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Check out how CNN is spinning it...

www.cnn.com...

There will be a new constitution and a new election, this "coup" is just a stop gap measure on behalf of the people, hopefully.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join