It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy Independence Day

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I just wanted to say happy 4th and see how people are celebrating their independence. But first I thought I'd revisit why we even have this holiday.

As I listen to those illegal fireworks going off all over my town and found police sirens have quieted because once again they have given up I was complelled to re read the Declaration of Independence. I attached a copy that is worded properly and one that is interpreted for fun in "modern English".

www.heritage.org...

www.independencedayfun.com...

I also thought it relevant to remember that some of the signers of this document suffered to gain our independence. I can't imagine our government putting themselves in harms way today. I hope we as Americans always protect their legacy.

www.dojgov.net...

And of course thousands of others killed.

To celebrate what they did I decided to simply enjoy my right to pursue happiness this 4th.
Ill have a BBQ with my kid and probably do a few small fireworks, have a camp fire and maybe even find a river to jump in to escape the heat.

I'm grateful for all that I have in spite of where I see our government taking us. It must be human nature that power corrupts so a happy 4th to them too and may they also think of those 237 years ago who sacrificed so much for freedom.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Maybe the sirens stop as people who took an oath to defend the constitution and what it stands for realize it is not their business to punish people who celebrate this nations independence. Unfortunately while many of the status quo wether they love this country or not have a day off, their are still police, sheriffs, emts and firefighters who do not have the day off to celebrate. Some people, still fight for independence or even their own independence 365 days a year!

Looking back, at the war that was fought, there were fields riddled in blood, ammunition, and bayonets scattered within the bodies of the dead as the war went on folks were still too busy fighting to clean up the mess. Back then forest fires were more likely an act of war then as opposed to now when hey are written off as a careless smoker or global warming. People whine about the fireworks that weren't cleaned up on their suburban lots that they mindlessly pay taxes and work 40 plus hours or two jobs to maintain.

Anyways I'm going into a tangent now but happy fourth!

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dianec

As I listen to those illegal fireworks going off all over my town

You know, once a year people are compelled to go out and have some fun... why make fireworks illegal for a national celebration of such importance?

Let the people who really want to celebrate celebrate...

Its the American national day... you guys should be proud to celebrate such a historic event? (I am so looking forward to the 14 of July over here in France).... a time of peace and fun where we can get away from the usual bla bla mumpy grumpy events in life... FOR AT LEAST ONE DAY!

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

France as I understand was very helpful in achieving American independence!

Cheers and happy fourth to you, feel free to celebrate with us!

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

I really do not feel like celebrating at all....but hafta do it for my family...BBQ...fireworks(maybe...personally I do not like them my cousin 2 years ago had a stray rocket firework make its way between her legs and she got badly burnt on her thighs and around her female area...she was hospitalized for a few...and believe it or not my die hard okie red neck cousins were back at it the following year.SMH...I am now near different reletives in Montana so we will see its my 1st 4th of July here...be careful out there folks and ladies keep your legs crossed.

edit on 7/4/13 by shells4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Happy birthday America!

And happy birthday for yesterday to Julian Assange!

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by txinfidel
reply to post by Rodinus

France as I understand was very helpful in achieving American independence!

Cheers and happy fourth to you, feel free to celebrate with us!

Thanks TX,

It is warm to the heart when people such as yourself respond to the OP...

By the way, i am Irish but have been here for yonks now (25 years) and live here like a French person
(Wine and all... Parents outlaws have a vineyard.. hehe)... so YES... i will celebrate and rasie a glass of decent Val de Loire cabernet up to you in about 2 hours times as 10 in the morning is a bit early for me mate?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

Ps. YOU have just become a friend

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by txinfidel

The Declaration of Independence - freedom from taxation without representation - Obozocare.

The Constitution of the United States of America - the scandals of the IRS, NSA, Benghazi, Fast and Furious, ect.

Egypt overthrows it's secular muslim brotherhood gov't endorsed by the same communistic regime that is running the US gov't right now.

People need to wake up and fight to keep what little we have left of freedom here in the USA.

Look at your family, your children, on this day and think how things are changing for the worse.
Give your children a chance to live like our anscentors did. Wake up, America!

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by shells4u
reply to post by Dianec

I really do not feel like celebrating at all....but hafta do it for my family...BBQ...fireworks(maybe...personally I do not like them my cousin 2 years ago had a stray rocket firework make its way between her legs and she got badly burnt on her thighs and around her female area...she was hospitalized for a few...and believe it or not my die hard okie red neck cousins were back at it the following year.SMH...I am now near different reletives in Montana so we will see its my 1st 4th of July here...be careful out there folks and ladies keep your legs crossed.

edit on 7/4/13 by shells4u because: (no reason given)

Even if you have personal family/health issues... just don't forget that some of us over here in Europe wish you all a good day anyway Shells.

I agree in suggesting to tell the ladies to keep the legs crossed, not sure if Cody, BoyMonkey,Rocky, or any of the other boys are lurking around?
OHHH...

Hugs and respects

Rodinus
edit on 4-7-2013 by Rodinus because: Extremely crap spelling!

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Have a great day, whatever you Member's in the US have planned.

(I was told you only won that war due to us in the UK trying to fight the French. They do have a habit of running away pretty fast.
)

I hope people today, reflect and ponder what liberty and freedoms they have left and that the planned marches and protests have a good turn out to send a strong message to your government about your rights to freedom.

Have a good one.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tykonos
Have a great day, whatever you Member's in the US have planned.

(I was told you only won that war due to us in the UK trying to fight the French. They do have a habit of running away pretty fast.
)

I hope people today, reflect and ponder what liberty and freedoms they have left and that the planned marches and protests have a good turn out to send a strong message to your government about your rights to freedom.

Have a good one.

Say that to my missus mate, she is French and would rather kick your lights in and stuff a potato up your exhaust pipe before running away (although knowing her she would stand her ground)
(just picture it!!)
NEVER FORGET WHAT THE FRENCH RESISTANCE DID (THE PEOPLE AND NOT THE GVT))...

As would most of the French "people" and not the Gvt (too many stereotypes out in our world methinks?)

Have a great one folks and now i raise my glass of Cabernet up to you all in the name of independance (blummin heck its only 11:16 here!)... *Hic*

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 4-7-2013 by Rodinus because: MORE Crap spelling!

edit on 4-7-2013 by Rodinus because: Phrase added

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

I completely agree with you and every year they make fireworks illegal here. Every year people override that law. I was doing fireworks in a parking lot 2 years ago with some people and there must have been 300 folks there setting them off. A police car sat off to the side watching the show. I walked past him and he said "you know those are illegal". I was holding more sparklers I was grabbing for my kids. I looked around us and said "really"? He simply replied "I know; I'm just supposed to remind people". If its in a safe place I say let it fly. Use common sense and don't do it in dry areas or light them without knowing where they might go (get out of the way).

And I wanted to say thanks for sharing that France joins us in celebrating today - as they should. I didn't know this so thanks for sharing.
edit on 4-7-2013 by Dianec because: Added

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dianec
reply to post by Rodinus

I completely agree with you and every year they make fireworks illegal here. Every year people override that law. I was doing fireworks in a parking lot 2 years ago with some people and there must have been 300 folks there setting them off. A police car sat off to the side watching the show. I walked past him and he said "you know those are illegal". I was holding more sparklers I was grabbing for my kids. I looked around us and said "really"? He simply replied "I know; I'm just supposed to remind people". If its in a safe place I say let it fly. Use common sense and don't do it in dry areas or light them without knowing where they might go (get out of the way).

For once a cop with common sense and humanity huh?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Yea I was even willing to bend to his statement and put them away but he didn't ask me to do that. I think its a powerful statement to show how people are in fact more powerful than any government agency and those who enforce are citizens too. So even if an agency has to enforce a law they can easily be outnumbered and may not even believe in the law. We really have nothing to fear if things go south if they look like the 4th.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

Thanks for the well wishes but for me that have a long list of members that have die for this country freedom, personally and only personally find the 4th of July a mockery, in this days and times our government is nothing but a mockery of what our forefathers intended, I just will stay home and be safe.

But still I hope you keep celebrating and have a great time. Ribs sounds great and I think I will have some too.

edit on 4-7-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

this year I am not celebrating! The sad state the US is in makes me think the world would be better off having stayed with England. At least they are smart enough to have health care. If that offends you I suggest you take a trip to Canada for a taste of what your life might have been like. I could go on and on about stupid wars killing millions, racism, guns, bankrupt single parents with hospital bills, rights and freedoms thrown in the trash, etc

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I will be laying on my roof, enjoying the coolness of the evening, and smoking some cigs while listening to music. I live outside the city limits, so the night will be a mixture of smoke and light.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by Dianec

Thanks for the well wishes but for me that have a long list of members that have die for this country freedom, personally and only personally find the 4th of July a mockery, in this days and times our government is nothing but a mockery of what our forefathers intended, I just will stay home and be safe.

But still I hope you keep celebrating and have a great time. Ribs sounds great and I think I will have some too.

edit on 4-7-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

I feel like you do - as if they have forgotten or just don't care about the intentions of our forefathers. I say if that isn't their primary goal - to uphold our rights - they should immediately be ejected from office. This seems to be the subject of many, and the great experiement needs a serious analysis to see precisely what variables have set it astray from its intended purpose. Lots of discussion on that but something that the government also participates in. Wouldn't it be ideal to create some sort of corroborated analysis of where we are versus where we should be with every American contributing? It can't be us and them but that's where we are.

I feel jaded too. I am celebrating later because I at least want to honor those who fought for our freedom. Maybe it would honor them more to write one letter or participate in at least one act of exercising my rights though.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Cheers rodinus!

We're just getting to the good stuff now! Seems there's a war going on outside!

I guess you had an early start.

Happy Independence Day my friend!

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

Indeed my friend.

It's days like these that I reflect not on what is, but what could be.

We are on a slippery slope.

I went to a celebration downtown and I can say I'm not sure if I recognize this country anymore. There were more foreigners there ( at least seemed foreign) than I could count. It was kinda like visiting a foreign country. ( I think they were there for the fireworks.

But they all celebrate our independence, I guess that's a good thing.
but it was akin to a trip to disneyworld.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join