It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please, Don't Flag This Thread! [EWC]

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
"Welcome to the Department of Homeland Security-ATS Division, Agent Wright. This is your desk. Your role in the department is to monitor terrorist activity present on the Above Top Secret web site, target potential suspects, and report them to myself", Agent Darsk stated in a dry tone to the new trainee.

"Sir, am I correct in saying that this entire division of DHS is dedicated to one web site?" Agent Wright asked, not understanding why one little web site could be so important.

"Yes it is. That damn site is the biggest pain in the DHS's rear end. It's filled with terrorist, hostile citizens, communist, and un-patriotic scum. I'd shut the site down myself if we didn't have such a high rate of successful termination of threats. For example, look at this thread:"

Agent Darsk took control of the computer sitting on the desk. Scrolling down the page, he clicked on a thread named " Are you Free? "

"How dare these fools question what the American government does. If not for us, all of them would be slaves of foreign governments.

“So how am I to know which ones are terrorist?” Agent Wright asked his new boss.

“They’re the ones that flag the thread. If they flag the thread they are disrespecting our authority over them. They are to be eliminated.”

“Excuse me, sir?”

“Eliminated Agent Wright. DHS will not tolerate what they stand for. When you find a thread similar to this one, you are to run the ID program located in the lower part of the screen which will identify any ATS member that has flagged the thread. After the program generates the list of threats, you are to e-mail it to me before the end of each day, and they will be handled by the ATS-Elimination Team.”

“Sir, are you telling me that any member of that web site who flags a thread such as this is killed?” Agent Wright sounded a little shocked.

“Absolutely. Of course, their death will look like an accident, and no one will ever understand the reason they died, with exception of us of course.

“Isn’t killing them a little drastic, Sir? Are they really guilty of terrorism? What if they are innocent?”

“Guilty, innocent, doesn't much matter to me. I’d personally take care of each and every member of that cesspool, but the decision isn’t mine to make. People over my head feel that we must continue monitoring ATS, and eliminate only immediate threats to the government's continued prosperity.” Agent Darsk smiled a little at the thought of all the former ATS members who no longer spewed their filth on to the Internet.

“Sir, don’t they get a little suspicious of all their members ending up dead?

“No. ATS isn’t usually even aware of them being gone. We have other agents in the division who post as the dead members for a while, and slowly ruin their reputations on ATS until the moderators ban them. That way there is no reason for suspicion. The dead ATS members appear to just be banned members to other ATS members, and they don’t miss them.

Agent Wright felt a little sickened by the fact that so many people could soon die simply by him adding them to an ever growing list of “terrorist”. This was a heavy burden for a man to carry.

“Get busy Agent Wright. I expect your list by the end of the day. On average, there should be about forty to fifty terrorist identified each day. " With that said, Agent Darsk turned and walked towards the door of his office.

Later that evening, Agent Wright sat at the kitchen table staring at his laptop before him. What he was thinking was madness, but he could never live with himself if he didn't follow through with what he thought about all day. After creating a new member account on ATS for himself with the name DHSSECRET, he began creating a new thread in the introduction forum. The name of the thread: Please, Don't Flag This Thread!

After a few minutes of typing, Agent Wright finished telling the members of ATS, and the world what he knew. He didn't think he would live long enough to see the sun rise.

Disclaimer: This thread is for entertainment purposes only. The DHS will/will not be knocking on your door for flagging THIS thread...Flag if you Dare!...

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

It's funny because it's not true...........

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   

“Sir, don’t they get a little suspicious of all their members ending up dead?
reply to post by isyeye

Excellent story as long as the membership reads it....
....I would love to comment more although restrictions complicate endeavors.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by EA006

reply to post by SarnholeOntarable

Hmmmmm.......Two comments, and ONE flag...

Is the story something that could be a reality, or just fiction? (only the DHS knows for sure)

Who was brave enough to flag the thread?
edit on 4-7-2013 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

I flagged and starred it cause I can...(so far)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

It's probably real.
Now i'm going to die i'd just like to take the time to say a few wo...................

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Makes you wonder if any ATS members have died of suspicious circumstances?
I wish you didn't add the disclaimer.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Why say you don't want it flagged when that's the only way to get it seen by many and as a writer, is exactly what you want??

Ok,

Peace

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

If you read the story, you should get why the thread is named as such....(In context of the story: It's says don't flag for your safety)

...also, as number of flags determines the winner of this writing contest, I thought I'd try something a little different by using some reverse psychology, and the temptation of doing what one is told NOT to do.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by SarnholeOntarable

Word to the warriors post.

That scene always makes me think of the Wu-Tang Clan

"Be like warriors come out to playeeyay."

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

Starred, flagged. Got a laugh outta me

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Great read! I love this kind of story, kinda puts the brain in a what if loop.

S+F! (double locking my doors tonight)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I read the story and I enjoyed it.

S+F.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by sylent6

Thanks for reading the story.

reply to post by xDeadcowx

Thanks for taking the time to read the story...Sleep with one eye open as well, just in case...

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by denybedoomed

I'm happy you enjoyed it. Thanks for reading, and for the S&F.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
STARS AND FLAGS AND FULL ON CAPS. CONSIDER THIS MY JOHN HANCOCK.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

False Flag

OP....

Great story

I liked it's premise.
Good luck S & F

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I flagged it, just make sure when I'm 'erased', my son isnt around....
just tell him I was abducted...
edit on 7/4/2013 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Hey, I'm reading this on the 4th....so I just have to give you a S&F ! The perimeter is secure for now, but I'll be on high alert for the time being. I have been assigned to your case and I'll be watching you.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Well you're definitely going to win the writing competition with that ploy.

Very cunning.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join