It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need help in purchasing a bible

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix267

They claim to use a King James bible, but then they say that anything that Joseph Smith wrote trumps that, so it's definitely a bit shady.

Again, I'd advise a bit of caution.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

I'm naturally skeptical. I remember talking with the Mormons and how we'd pray on the front porch afterward. Also I did have a girlfriend named Mellisa who is Mormon. But that was separate and she never forced her beliefs on me.

Anyway I was reading a few entries about Jesus on Wikipedia and I thought it was interesting. I looked into how Jesus image was portrayed since the early Christians and racial descriptions of Jesus in different cultures.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix267
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

They still have a relationship with Christianity. Which invites me to learn more about them. A Mormon could have became president which shows we need to learn about them. Also I thought Jesus didn't come to abolish the laws from Judaism but to fulfill the law. Which Jesus wouldn't say a man should have 1 wife or not eat kosher.

Maybe I read it differently.

He did come to fulfill the law, but if you read further into the NT, in Galatians 3 Paul goes into the "cursed is he who hangs on a tree" sermon where Jesus becomes the curse for us because the Law was the Curse of Flesh. Being under Christ we have 1 Law, the Royal Law to "treat others the way we would want to be treated" which negates the "eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth" laws.

Jesus also said:

Matthew 11:28-30

28 Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”

We went from being under the Law of the Flesh to the Law of the Spirit and that is what Jesus established for us. No more sacrifices, no more burnt offerings. We are living sacrifices to the Lord, and our works in the Holy Spirit are our offerings justified by faith and faith afforded to us for righteousness as Abraham before us.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen
reply to post by Phoenix267

They claim to use a King James bible, but then they say that anything that Joseph Smith wrote trumps that, so it's definitely a bit shady.

Again, I'd advise a bit of caution.

They also claim Joseph Smith was given a golden tablet of new scriptures from an angel when he was by himself, but he gave the tablet back to the angel. Pretty convenient. Said tablet was the so called "book of Mormon" which claims Jesus came to the Americas to minister to my people the native americans, but that's full of crap because I have never heard any thing like that from the Elders. A lot of us have come to believe he is the one we call the Great Spirit.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Thanks for explaining your post. I'll have to continue looking into this because I like learning about Christians and Christianity. It's enough to make your head spin.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix267

Thanks for explaining your post. I'll have to continue looking into this because I like learning about Christians and Christianity. It's enough to make your head spin.

Crash course in Christianity. Read the book of Isaiah chapters 42-49. I think you said you were a jew? Isaiah is a good place to start to see where it begins to build up. I'll link you some of my threads, maybe you can make some sense of it.

Identity of Melk-Tsedec

Adam and Eve, Christ and his Bride, Ark and Temple

Jesus is Yahweh pt. 1

Jesus is Yahweh pt. 2

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

No, I'm not Jewish. I've mentioned I looked into Christianity and also researched into the differences between the two faiths and why certain Jews dislike Christians trying to convert the Jews to Christianity. I wouldn't doubt I brought up Rabbi Tovia Singer who is a great teacher. Even though I don't agree with everything he talks about.

I'll check out your threads you link!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join