It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt's army ousts Morsi, who calls it a 'coup'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Please delete if already posted

CAIRO (AP) — Egypt's first democratically elected president was overthrown by the military Wednesday, ousted after just one year in office by the same kind of Arab Spring uprising that brought the Islamist leader to power. The armed forces announced they would install a temporary civilian government to replace Islamist President Mohammed Morsi, who denounced the action as a "full coup" by the generals. They also suspended the Islamist-drafted constitution and called for new elections.

My question is this: will they replace this dictator with another???

Story
edit on 7/3/2013 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Well, I would hope not.. It would be hard to believe that the PTB would allow for anyone other than one of their cronies to get elected especially after these protests. My hope is that the people finally get their voice and start making some positive changes to their society.. we shall see I guess. My heart goes out to them, quite an exciting event going on.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
Please delete if already posted

CAIRO (AP) — Egypt's first democratically elected president was overthrown by the military Wednesday, ousted after just one year in office by the same kind of Arab Spring uprising that brought the Islamist leader to power. The armed forces announced they would install a temporary civilian government to replace Islamist President Mohammed Morsi, who denounced the action as a "full coup" by the generals. They also suspended the Islamist-drafted constitution and called for new elections.

Story
edit on 7/3/2013 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

Of course they will replace him with another dictator. But this time it will be with one who sees things our way.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   

That's a good question:

They thought Mubarak was a 'good idea'.

They thought Morsi was a 'good idea'.

So the next one will be ?

It can go either way.bet it will start with the letter 'M' and end like the others.
edit on 3-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Changing the leader isn't enough. They gotta change the system too.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Their leader has a vital role in changing the system their entangled in. I wouldn't know where to begin. :-/ I am hopeful.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Look no further my friend i have found the perfect candidate! I introduce to you Bushama Bin Texas!

Because we know what they need now is a "uniter not a divider". He has been quoted as saying this would be easier if he was a dictator.
edit on 3-7-2013 by Privateinquotations because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-7-2013 by Privateinquotations because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I must say that history repeats AGAIN.

WW2 the Muslim Brotherhood were enlightened for North Africa from hitler....and guess who backed it all til the fall
....seriously...think about it.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Posted here Homer mate :

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Good old democracy at work.

Will they ever be happy with any leader who doesn't abuse them enough to stay at home.

top topics

join