It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unapproved Genetically-Modified Rice Trials in U.S. Have Contaminated World's Rice Supply.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by pstrron
reply to post by cheesy

No worries Cheesy, you can purchase your rice direct from the farmer that has been using heirloom rice since day 1. We get all our rice local along with our veggies. The chicken for dinner is the slow chicken in the yard and the other livestock all comes from our farm so no GMO.

I feel sorry for those that live in the US, your just a bunch of lab rats with no choice.

Yep, the villages around where I live still grow various heirloom rice varieties from saved seed from (supposedly) the people from Southern China / Taiwan moved South to the Philippines. The villages still raise their own livestock as well, with no feeds/chemicals -- and it is not common to eat meat, unless it's some celebration/event.

Agreed with you on the US, but the people have a choice, they can leave or grow their own food before that's illegal.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I only read the OP, but have to say that I am truly mortified and this must stop now. I know where I stand and I will do what I must when the call goes out - I will be listening and watching. GMOs must GO!

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Philippines

I have read that those that try and grow their own food are now getting arrested and their gardens destroyed by the gov in the US...very sad. Your location says PI, which province if you don't mind my asking?

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Well i tried to find this elsewhere becuase natural news is basically news for the gullible and mentally impoverished .
All i could find was links to naturalnews, beforeitsnews (recently banned from ATS) and david icke.
I did just come across a 2006 article
www.washingtonpost.com...
So since this happened in 2006 and we are all still alive, i think its okay.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Those that released this should be up on criminal charges. It is bad enough that we are exposed to this what so ever. Unapproved GM food is even worse. We really do not know enough about this stuff to be eating it or introducing it to ecological systems. People do not want this stuff it is evident by the amount of countries that have banned it.

s/f

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

You can now see why the great Global Seed Vault was built....in case of a global disaster.

If you ask me, GMO foods are a global disaster.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Superhans
Well i tried to find this elsewhere becuase natural news is basically news for the gullible and mentally impoverished .
All i could find was links to naturalnews, beforeitsnews (recently banned from ATS) and david icke.
I did just come across a 2006 article
www.washingtonpost.com...
So since this happened in 2006 and we are all still alive, i think its okay.

Got this news update from ATS Admin recently in my message inbox just like you have I am sure:

We've come to realization that "Before It's News" has pushed more hoaxes than "Sorcha Faal" ever did, therefor ALL threads started with BIN as the only source will go immediately into the HOAX Bin.

For now we won't hold it against the member, but, after a month or so of this policy being in effect repeat offenders will be up for an account review.

We've been told there are some "interested parties" (read as people who may be getting a slice of BIN's ad money) who have ATS accounts, that won't fly here.

Link to thread on Before Its News getting banned on ATS:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Natural News is an awful source.

They've been known to lie and say whatever they want for you to follow their agenda.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

It seems pretty clear to me that " they " whomever they are are trying to replace all world foods with the altered variety. I keep hoping it is because they are trying to do good and something major changing in the sun or incoming radiation from elsewhere means our normal food will stop growing.

I am afraid though that like everything else this is about $$$$ and Greed.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

They've been known to lie and say whatever they want for you to follow their agenda.

Which one is better? CNN or Fox?

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Philippines

Originally posted by Ghost375

Which one is better? CNN or Fox?

CBC is the best choice. Then again, it is a Canadian news source and have been more credible than FOX or CNN when reporting something on a global level.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Can you please stop playing source police, if it's a bad source the mods will put it to bed. Just like they recently did with Before It's News. You do it way too much

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Privateinquotations

Can you please stop playing source police, if it's a bad source the mods will put it to bed. Just like they recently did with Before It's News. You do it way too much

Yup,

Too Many People,

Too little info

= Too little valuable input.

Just attacks on an OP with alternate, unpopular views.

Happens all the time

Peace

edit on 5-7-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Privateinquotations

lol, you have to wait for the mods to tell you what to think about before its news?

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Superhans

Uhh what? where in my post did i even hint that i ever trusted before it's news? If a source is bad it's the mods job to deal with it accordingly.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by cheesy
reply to post by jude11

Hey Folks!!! I found a quote from an article..

the immune systems of laboratory mice that consumed genetically modified corn were found to be abnormal.

www.chinadaily.com.cn...
I was in Indonesia, a country that consumes so much rice and make rice as a staple food 3 times a day .. ..

Otherwise you wouldnt even care? Wow you ate rice in indonesia! Seriously? How about 3/4th of the world that eats it on a daily base?

And no wonder inflamatory bowel syndroms are increasing at a fast rate. These are fked up diseases to suffer from.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join