It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They're Coming For Your Birth Control!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Men are unable to give birth, do not take birth control pills or the morning after pill, so yeah, this is a war on women. That doesn't mean thickheaded housewives aren't there holding signs looking like idiots too.

What does that make women then?

Sleeping with the enemy?

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I get a kick out of the idea that men cannot speak or rule on abortion issues because they are men.

Only soldiers can talk about war.

Only cabbages can speak of veganism.

God(s), or deities are the only ones that can comment on the afterlife.

Aliens are the only ones that should comment on UFO's.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

Originally posted by Bone75

There is no "life fairy" that magically imparts life at some instant.

You're absolutely correct!

You see, there is this thing called a penis, and this other thing called a vagina......

Biology doesn't equal magic. Science and medicine found a way to interrupt the biological process that can occur between your sex organ and hers. It's called outsmarting nature.

Providing a form of birth control that prevents sperm from fertilizing the egg is outsmarting nature. Killing that egg after its been fertilized is simply killing, and there's nothing smart about that.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Nephalim

Are you classifying abortion as contraception?

Originally posted by Bone75 reply to post by windword

Any form of birth control that damages a fertilized egg, or disrupts the egg's ability to implant in the uterus results in the premeditated killing of a human being. That's the truth, plain and simple.

That seems to be the mindset, as exemplified in the above quote, and why the title of this thread "They're Coming for Your Birth Control"

From the OP

According to the American Medical Association's definition, a pregnancy begins-at implantation.

Ohio Governor Kasich signed the most draconian abortion restrictions in the country into law. Overlooking the American Medical Association, an all male budget committee redefined "pregnancy"and the fertilized egg in their own religious right wing terms.

SOURCE

Technically, this defines a woman as pregnant before she even had intercourse!

Since most contraception have an added protection, should fertilization occur, they make the uterus hostile to implant, thus redefining "The Pill" "Norplant" "The IUD" and all emergency birth control fall in the category of abortion. This has the ramification that could require extra costly tests for a woman just to obtain her regular form of control, because, by their logic, now she is asking for an abortion, even before she's pregnant, and may require and vaginal ultra sound and a 24 hour wait period!

These lawmakers did place these types of contraception into the category of abortion, and therefore want to regulate them as such.

Pills and rubbers are not unborn children! and no, a doctor doesnt have to tell anyone about a womans abortion, unless that woman is committing or has committed a crime, in which case, the doctor has the moral, ethical and lawful duty to not only refuse the service

Seeking an abortion is not a crime.

what constitutional right exists that man has no say in his families issues concerning life and death? please enlighten me, I do not practice law.

Eisenstadt v. Baird

Roe V Wade

Planned Parenthood v. Casey

edit on 4-7-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

lol what I get a kick out of, is my natural role as a man is being denied here. I have no say in whether I can have a family today. None. apparently if a woman says she doesnt want the child, bamm, kill it, pop it out. Too bad Neph!
Isnt it bad enough we're only good for swattin bugs as it is? apparently not.

see post above, I rest my case.

Go ahead kill the kids.
all evil be damned!
edit on 4-7-2013 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
I get a kick out of the idea that men cannot speak or rule on abortion issues because they are men.

Your point is moot.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nephalim
reply to post by beezzer

lol what I get a kick out of, is my natural role as a man is being denied here. I have no say in whether I can have a family today. None. apparently if a woman says she doesnt want the child, bamm, kill it, pop it out. Too bad Neph!

Well, to be honest, spider-swatting is a pretty good job. . . . .

I see your point. Simply because the pre-born child develops in the woman's body, men are basically nothing more than a DNA donor.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Your point is moot.

Apologies. I took it that you and a few others were upset because of the gender of the people presenting this.

My bad.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Well, to be honest, spider-swatting is a pretty good job. . . . .

I see your point. Simply because the pre-born child develops in the woman's body, men are basically nothing more than a DNA donor.

Hello eradication! Im Neph. I'll see you soon.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Besides being upset by the hubris of this group of men, from a budget committee, who have chosen to circumvent the American Medical Associations definitions and regulations, it is not all reassuring that women were completely left out of these decisions.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Nephalim

I have no say in whether I can have a family today.

Who's problem is it that you and your woman can't agree on family matters? Do you wish that you could force your woman to have your baby?

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Besides being upset by the hubris of this group of men, from a budget committee, who have chosen to circumvent the American Medical Associations definitions and regulations, it is not all reassuring that women were completely left out of these decisions.

But gender should have nothing to do with it, correct?

I mean, if you are a male, then your opinion would be just as invalid, correct?

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

see post above, I rest my case.

Go ahead kill the kids.
all evil be damned!
edit on 4-7-2013 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

It sounds to me like you should be certain that you only deposit your sperm into a woman ready to give birth to, and raise your child.
It is prudent to know the person you are making love to extremely well, isn't it? Especially if you are interested in having "a family"?

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

What should have nothing to do with gender? A woman's choice?

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

What should have nothing to do with gender? A woman's choice?

Having an opinion, making a determination, creating laws should not have a gender requirement, agree?

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

If the law is based on the regulation of a woman's body and her life changing decisions, then yes, it should have a gender bias.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

If the law is based on the regulation of a woman's body and her life changing decisions, then yes, it should have a gender bias.

So women should not be allowed to discuss or make laws concerning prostate cancer?

Basically you're saying the 1st Amendment does not apply to anyone who disagrees with me.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Olivine

Oh Hell I dunno. whatever you say I guess. You just remember this. I not once said that our women should go unprotected. I voiced the opposite. To save our women and children. Even when people thought I was wrong.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

What man wants prostate cancer?

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Olivine
I firmly believe this latest attempt to take control over their bodies away from women referenced in the OP is rooted in greed, not religiousity--which is just a convenient cover.

No greed is to well thought out a motive. Really it is more about power. What is the first rule of power? Those that have power will do everything they can to keep from losing it. The world is changing and those that once had all the power are losing it. Not only are they losing power, but they are losing it to those they deem inferior whether it be Women, Hispanics, Asians or Blacks.

Don't believe it? Just look at some of the responses in this very thread. In one of them the poster even had the wherewithal to tell us exactly how he feels when he said, "It is about making women accountable for their actions". More or less sounding like " Sally is having sex and not with me, she should be punished."

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join