It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

They're Coming For Your Birth Control!

page: 4
42
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by therationalist
 



Originally posted by therationalist
If a woman doesn't know that letting a man dump his semen in her vagina can make her pregnant, she is dumb as hell


And if a man doesn't know that having sex can cause a pregnancy, he's dumb as a stick as well. Fact is, neither is the case. Both people KNOW pregnancy can occur. It's only the woman who has to deal with the outcome...

If the man was the one getting pregnant, there would be NO war on birth control and abortion would be freely available without stigma.




posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by therationalist
 


Men that dump their semen into a woman vagina "without protection" knowing very well that can produce an offprint that they have not means to support is as dumb as the women that allow the semen to be deposited in her vagina" without protection" if she is in her reproducing years.

Your statements have not meaning my friend, because it goes both ways.



posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043
 





What can I say, women rigths has been assaulted since the beginning of time when men decide to declare themselves a divine creation with ownership of their partners Women has been persecuted, burned for witchcraft, stoned, abused and treated like second citizens.
Bogus claim from a deluded feminist.



posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by therationalist
 


As you wish, obviously is not intelligent argument with your way of thinking.



.



posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic
 


What can I say, some men have religion so up in the behinds that they hate women no matter what unless is just for the sole purpose of personal gratification



posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by therationalist
 



Originally posted by therationalist
If a woman doesn't know that letting a man dump his semen in her vagina can make her pregnant, she is dumb as hell


And if a man doesn't know that having sex can cause a pregnancy, he's dumb as a stick as well. Fact is, neither is the case. Both people KNOW pregnancy can occur. It's only the woman who has to deal with the outcome...

If the man was the one getting pregnant, there would be NO war on birth control and abortion would be freely available without stigma.
this is laughable.... the responsibility of pregnancy falls on the person who can get pregnant and men don't get pregnant which is a fact you might be aware of.



posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by therationalist
 


As you wish, obviously is not intelligent argument with your way of thinking.



.
says the feminist who makes claims without providing the proofs.....lol.



posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic
 


What can I say, some men have religion so up in the behinds that they hate women no matter what unless is just for the sole purpose of personal gratification

I am an atheist and i do hate morons who make false claims ...



posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by therationalist
 


What if like the biblical Jesus Christ... the child was a product of rape?

Mary didn't have a choice.


edit on 4-7-2013 by Wertdagf because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   


Men that dump their semen into a woman vagina "without protection" knowing very well that can produce an offprint that they have not means to support is as dumb as the women that allow the semen to be deposited in her vagina" without protection" if she is in her reproducing years.
reply to post by marg6043
 

do you know what is the implication of your argument???
You are implying that women are baby making machines incapable of autonomous choice, in which if a man dumps his semen, a baby will be produced.....



posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
reply to post by therationalist
 


What if like the biblical Jesus Christ... the child was a product of rape?

Mary didn't have a choice.


edit on 4-7-2013 by Wertdagf because: (no reason given)

so what....
we don't punish an innocent for the crimes of another human...



posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic
 


What can I say, some men have religion so up in the behinds that they hate women no matter what unless is just for the sole purpose of personal gratification



you and BH should be pissed...pretty soon these republican Taliban will be passing laws on what you can wear, where you can go, who you associate with, if you can vote....they already passed laws on what you can do with your uterus and vagina...what's coming next is not known, but it's going to be something that takes away a womans freedom



posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by therationalist
 


Fertilized eggs are not innocents.... or people.

Found an interesting quote from you that might shed light on why your words are as stupid as those that come out of a religious persons mouth... yet you claim to be an atheist.




women aren't capable of understanding religion or spirituality

edit on 4-7-2013 by Wertdagf because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by therationalist
 


I do not take fight with trolls in threads, so for now I will ignore you post.




posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf
 


Yes, sadly this type of threads that usually have great information in topics that affects women reproductive rights and the government manipulated by religious agendas draconian laws will always derail into an abortion vs pro life issue, trolls will try to kill the thread also.

It happens.



posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by therationalist
 



Originally posted by therationalist
the responsibility of pregnancy falls on the person who can get pregnant and men don't get pregnant which is a fact you might be aware of.


Then men should have NO voice in what the woman decides to do about it. You want to put all the responsibility on her, yet not give her the freedom to do as she sees fit... Your view is typical of the Republican Taliban mindset, as jimmyx so eloquently stated.

I can't say here what I want to say to you, so I'll just still my hands and think it.



posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   


Fertilized eggs are not innocents.... or people.
reply to post by Wertdagf
 

i can play this game....a human is also a collection of cells.



Found an interesting quote from you that might shed light on why your words are as stupid as those that come out of a religious persons mouth... yet you claim to be an atheist.

i became an atheist after researching almost every religion in this world, so i know what they imply...



posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by therationalist
 



Originally posted by therationalist
the responsibility of pregnancy falls on the person who can get pregnant and men don't get pregnant which is a fact you might be aware of.


Then men should have NO voice in what the woman decides to do about it. You want to put all the responsibility on her, yet not give her the freedom to do as she sees fit... Your view is typical of the Republican Taliban mindset, as jimmyx so eloquently stated.

I can't say here what I want to say to you, so I'll just still my hands and think it.
Yes, men should have no say what a woman does with her body except if her decision affects another human being.....
and the last party to get my vote would be the GOP.
I want to add one more thought, if you are responsible for something, it doesn't necessarily gives you the right to abandon it.
edit on 4-7-2013 by therationalist because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by therationalist
 


I do not take fight with trolls in threads, so for now I will ignore you post.

I get the same response from god believers when i ask for proof of god......it's hard to justify absurd claims i know...
I want to add one more thought, if you are responsible for something, it doesn't necessarily gives you the right to abandon it..
edit on 4-7-2013 by therationalist because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock
 





So they are saying.....that women that take birth control pills for 10 years can drastically reduce lifetime risk, by 80%, instances of ovarian and endometrial cancers. As opposed to women that didn't take the pill who are 80% more likely to develop cancer......simply because they didn't take the pill. Wow, sounds like they are onto a magical drug there. Women would want to take that even if they were a nun.


Nuns suffer from higher breast and ovarian cancer rates, because they don't have children or experience natural sexual activities that have been found important to woman's health, doctors say.


As early as 1713, an Italian physician noticed that nuns had a high incidence of that “accursed pest,” breast cancer. In the past century, researchers confirmed the observation with studies showing that nuns were more likely to die of breast, ovarian and uterine cancers than the general population. It wasn’t until the 1970s, however, that a scientist figured out why — the fact that the nuns did not have children during their lifetimes meant that they had more menstrual cycles, and the increase in cycles led to a higher risk of reproductive cancers.

The birth control pill works by preventing the ovaries from releasing an egg each month (without an egg to fertilize, pregnancy can’t occur). But by preventing ovulation, the pill may also protect the endometrium and ovaries from developing runaway growths that could lead to tumors. In two large studies published last year, says Britt, researchers showed that women who used the pill had a 12% lower overall risk of death during the studies’ follow-up period, compared with non-users. They also had a 60% lower risk of endometrial and ovarian cancers, and no increase in breast cancer risk. “The pill reduces the risk of these cancers to a point that’s similar to women who have children early,” says Britt. That means nuns can offset some of the health risks celibacy with a pill meant to curb fertility.


Now, I realize that the above citation has some big words that relate to feminine health problems that are probably over your head, but basically it says that nuns could greatly reduce their risks, being in an at risk category for certain cancers, by taking the "Pill."

Here's some more links that concur.

Birth Control Pills May Keep Nuns Healthy, Study Says

Nuns On Birth Control? Experts Say The Pill May Reduce Health Risks Posed By Chaste Lifestyle



new topics

top topics



 
42
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

log in

join