It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why don't i get into the "NEW-PICKS" or the "NEW-HOT" list ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
HI all,

i apologize for wasting your time.

edit on 3-7-2013 by ifeelsohigh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ifeelsohigh

Because no one likes you.

No, I'm kidding. I think it has to do with the number of replies, stars and flags. But, I'm not sure. Make great threads that encourage members to participate(or troll as it were).

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
it was my belief that George Clooney had the monopoly on the 'hotlist'

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Post something more than this:

HI all, Here I am. The title is my thread. How does the ats system work? I'm asking a question but i may need a lawyer. Any lawyers?

And you may just get there.

Peace

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   

All in good time .
Create an interesting thread that captures the attention of ATSers and you will see it rise to the front page .
You reap what you sow

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn

Because no one likes you.

No, I'm kidding. I think it has to do with the number of replies, stars and flags. But, I'm not sure. Make great threads that encourage members to participate(or troll as it were).

I almost cried...but then I dcided to troll...

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Cryptzoology threads just don't ever get up there. Most people realize the topic is just silly.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
Cryptzoology threads just don't ever get up there. Most people realize the topic is just silly.

Boo!

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I was (am) wrong. goodbye.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

I'm not a lawyer, but I get the impression you're having a bad time with replies that sure aren't helping your disposition, so perhaps I can try?

Getting on Real Time is obvious by just picking up everyone who starts a thread in Chronological order. The New Picks is strictly a matter of math on Flags, as near as I have seen on my own threads. Recent posting, obviously. but flags are the kick to that list. I've watched mine rise and fall by 1 flag difference in changing positions on the list, is how I am sure on it. (Of course, having said sure, someone from staff will now explain that I missed a variable..lol)

New-Hot is a bit more mysterious for me as I haven't been able to determine as well what is making mine go up or down. Is it just replies? Replies with stars or is it one or both along with flags as another factor? That one, I wouldn't mind hearing from staff to clarify myself.

The bottom line tho is...if a topic isn't popular, it's not getting on anything but Real Time until it rolls off by activity.

Don't feel so dejected by only a few threads. Click my name and look at my profile for my threads. Sure... I have some really BIG successes in there. For every 1 thread I get 10+ flags on though? I probably have 5-10 that got 1 or 2 ..and some with 0. For every thread I got 25+ on, I have dozens and dozens with that didn't come close. Its all a crap shoot to what people want to read about that day and in what way.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   
OP actually lasted longer than I expected. I was betting on an introduction thread shut down.

top topics

join