It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Restore The Fourth: Protests Planned on July 4th

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Not sure if this is the right forum, or if somebody already posted this. I saw it on TV news then on this website:

Restore the Fourth

WE’RE PROTESTING TO RESTORE THE FOURTH AMENDMENT:
“The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated...”

Also here is their Facebook page.

They say the protests will take place July 4th, and there are links to join a protest in your area.

"If you turn on CNN or Fox or MSNBC, you'll see that a lot of the more mainstream channels aren't covering this as much as you might be assuming. So I really think it's important we get more citizens aware of this issue."

Wonder how many ATSers know about this or will join those protests.

From their blog I found out that Mozilla has started the website Stop Watching Us and they have about 542,000 signatures so far.

What say you, ATS readers? Ready to try to make a difference?

edit on 3-7-2013 by WhiteHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
A little bump...can't believe nobody knows about this. Or maybe people are too fascinated with the Egypt news.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Why does nobody know about this?
They started a blog 6 days ago with only one entry.
They made a press release June 18.
This seems to be a very short lead in time with not a lot of organization in place.
Still, I wish them luck.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Yeah, I wondered that too. If only more people will spread the word, they may have a chance.
Or maybe, just like some said here, most people are so deep asleep they don't really care.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteHat
A little bump...can't believe nobody knows about this. Or maybe people are too fascinated with the Egypt news.

I believe people are fascinated with something they see as never having a possibility of happening in America.

But one morning in the not-too-distant-future...SURPRISE!

Peace

edit on 3-7-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Personally i think if you have a facebook account you should not be allowed to complain about big brother.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Live updates

rt.com...

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I find it funny.

I don't know if this had anything to do with Adam Kokesh's rally, but it is sad to see what it has become if it is.

Kokesh makes a grand plant to march on Washington D.C. today, armed to the teeth - standing in defiance of government and their inane laws.

Then the guy gets arrested on some trumped charge, gets set free with no questions, and all of a sudden the march isn't happening. Instead the match gets turned into a march on each state capital with the suggestion that no weapons be brought.

And now we have this. Trumped down to a single plight to fight for the "4th Amendment" as if that is the only thing under attack.

Whenever somebody gets the nerve to stand up against Big Brother, they always get cold feet. I'll be there would have been no choice for it to be televised if you had 1000+ people marching into Washington with weapons. Now it is just a footnote; another protest to accomplish nothing and doing it on a holiday which a lot of Americans don't even know the meaning of, and would much rather be comfortable vacationing and spending time with family.

Thus is the sad state of America and the people that still believe protesting does jack.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I planned a chalk protest on the 4th, as a tribute to Jeff Olson.

The idea is to go wherever your local area will be celebrating the 4th, and draw anti-government type messages in chalk, preferably with pictures. And since I'm an artist, I'll enjoy it a lot.

I've got others doing it too, though not nearly as many as I wanted.

I'd like to make it to a bigger protest too, but I got stuck babysitting the family today.

Still, I'm gonna leave for the city in about an hour to chalk the place up a few hours before the fireworks tonight.

God speed!

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Here's what ya do if you want to make your voice heard here, now on the 4th of July...

Just that simple.

new topics

top topics

join