It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**ALL MEMBERS*** Before Its News as a source

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
We've come to realization that "Before It's News" has pushed more hoaxes than "Sorcha Faal" ever did, therefor ALL threads started with BIN as the only source will go immediately into the HOAX Bin. For now we won't hold it against the member, but, after a month or so of this policy being in effect repeat offenders will be up for an account review. We've been told there are some "interested parties" (read as people who may be getting a slice of BIN's ad money) who have ATS accounts, that won't fly here.

We don't want to support an operation that continues to push ridiculous hoaxes, just to garner page views with traffic from ATS.

Springer...

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
But Springer............... How do we know the info is a Hoax if it's reported BEFORE it's news?

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I agree it seems like a sham site....didn't it used to be a reliable source though?

I'm sure some time ago it really did publish stuff, that was accurate, before the MSM.....unless I am getting it mixed up with another site.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

I'm pretty sure you're getting it mixed up with another site, brilliant URL but has nothing to do with reality as far as I have EVER seen.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

We don't want to support an operation that continues to push ridiculous hoaxes, just to garner page views with traffic from ATS.

And it's these kind of policies, that I've seen upheld at ATS many times, that are good reason for it being my only source of information. I find it out here fast enough.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
'bout time.

While we're at it can we review the use of PressTV?

I know hatin' America is popular on ATS these days, but I don't think I have ever seen something from Iran's national news service that is true.

Also Naturalnews.com

They give out patently false health information, and fabricate stories constantly. And it is used on ATS regularly.

edit on 3-7-2013 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Can you do naturalnews next? It's been solidly proven several times they have fabricated data and misled readers with out of context information (See Boston Bombing hoax) several times.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn

Also Naturalnews.com

They give out patently false health information, and fabricate stories constantly. And it is used on ATS regularly.

edit on 3-7-2013 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

Hah, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought about this site

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Can we do CNN, Fox and MSNBC next too? They never seem to report anything right.
BIN is pretty lame tho haha.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
While we're at it can we review the use of PressTV?

I think it's important to not just start to silence alternative opinions. BIN claims to be reporting facts, which turn out to be entirely false the majority of the time. PressTV and others might not put the spin on things that you or I agree with, but they are not pushing fiction more than opinion.

I don't think ATS needs to go much further down this path, otherwise we could be arguing about whether PrisonPlanet is 90% BS too (which it is, how many of their "braking news" stories never actually have any basis in fact?), then we get onto the likes of the BBC who have been exposed as manipulating their output too, and all American media, which is heavily nationalistic and censored to report government view.

As for your "America hating" comment, people are rightly expressing animosity towards the American government, because it is an extremely arrogant government caught spying on millions of innocent people. Do you really expect people to be okay with that?

I definitely support the limitation on BIN, because it is the definition of Hoaxing, they report false stories in an effort to gain attention and traffic from communities like this one.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
oh darn...how will i ever hear about the impending alien invasion going on in TX if before its news is not posted here.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

I think there's a difference between reporting politically biased news, or simply lacking detail like most MSM stories and straight up making crap up like BIN, NN, PressTV.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   

WOOHOO!
Thank-you!

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I want to be sure that I am clear on this. There was a thread I did a long time ago, I did NOT use BIN links at all, but it just so happened that they had the same story that I got (they may have copied and pasted) and I guess someone saw it there as well, and assumed it was from BIN.

This is the internet, and stories are shared and sometimes we dont know who copied what to where. I want to be sure that you mean only BIN links. It took forever and a lot of derailing because of it, because just one member said they saw it in BIN, even though the link clearly was not.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Oh I'm pretty sure they make crap up too.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I am sorry, guilty as charged.

I have been duped by the site for sure, kind of embarrassing because being indoctrinated by this forum alone made me a bit gullible to other ones that I trusted without knowing the reality of information sharing...

Kind of been figuring this out on my own as I hit delete on their sensational stories sent to my inbox without reading as my time is limited...

link   
Is there a thread or can one be made that lists ALL websites no longer allowed on ATS?

If not someone needs to make a 'sticky' for it.

link   
reply to post by Rocker2013

I seen entirely fabricated stories and completely out of context stuff.

I can respect a national news organization that tells a true story from their national, political, and cultural perspective. But I have no respect for a state run media organization that Sorcha Faal's entire stories. It's even more sad to see people eating it up as if its the truth just because it's against America.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Can we also deep six anything to do with Alex Jones or Glenn beck?

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Seems like quite a double standard, banning a site as a news source when...I have read so MANY people on here claiming the MSM is the most corrupt and biased news sources going.

Why is the MSM accepted but other source such as BIT are not? I don't see how one is any better than another when we all KNOW that the MSM is bought and paid for by someone, something or some corporation.

Is BIT a competitive site?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join