It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Emergency Shelter" sign, flashing in Boston the day before the 4th of july celebration?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Was just driving through the boston common ( july 3 at 2pm). And in the middle of the road intersection is a big flashing road sign.
the electronic sign reads "EMERGENCY SHELTER" "BOSTON COMMON GARAGE" followed by an arrow pointing in the direction.

as far as i know, there is no emergency happening right now.
So i called the Boston police, and asked if there was an emergency happening right now, and they said no.
I told them i seen the sign that said "emergency" but they said there is no emergency.

a bit odd no?

i also just found out that they are not nationally televising the 4th concert and fireworks this year for some reason.

i wonder if they know something is up, or is planning something and they dont want it live televised?

i took pics of the sign.
on camera, these signs flash faster then the shutter , and all bulbs dont illuminate at the same moment. Hence the look of some bulbs being not lit. but to the eye, they were al fully lit and the words were fully complete.

edit on 3-7-2013 by loueber because: forgot pics

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I found this on city of Boston website: City of Boston

Boston Common Garage
Charles Street
617-954-2098
Rate: $2/24 hr. period;
Standard Rate: $28/24 hr.
Vehicles may begin entering the facility two hours prior to the declared emergency. Vehicles must exit within 24 hours of ban being lifted.

Maybe you can give that number a call and see.

I have no other clue to what it means though.
edit on 3-7-2013 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

Okay, I have to ask......

It says vehicles may enter 2 hours prior to the declared emergency. Aren't emergencies generally the types of events one doesn't expect? What are the odds it's a preplanned and scheduled emergency to allow such convenience as advance parking a full 2 hours beforehand? It must be one of those Political emergencies??

*I can see something like a Hurricane qualifying with this ...but it's a nice day and none in sight. Hmm.... Emergency what, I wonder?

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

called no ANSWER

just message machine - I got chills down my spine. I'm from Boston. TOMORROW are the protests, scheduled to protest all major mobile companies and rally at the State House. PEOPLE GOTTA be CAREFUL. I want to go but fear for my fellow Patriot's lives.
edit on 7/3/2013 by JamesCookieIII because: second

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
An emergency shelter is a place for homeless folks to stay, yes?

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
my girl just pointed out that at the bottom of the sign, there is "MCCA" and some writing... whats up with that? I'm gonna try and chase them down...

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Be careful and have a BOB just in case.

I hope everybody stays safe tomorrow. Keep your eyes open for weirdness, and hide all identifying features if you're going to the protests tomorrow....you'll end up on a list, just like all the OWS people did.

-TS

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

As John Ringo put it, in an emergency everyone has a plan, but they all forget to put the word "emergency" into it.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by loueber

Better safe, than sorry. Unless someone happens to target the shelters. Then it will become an outrage.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
called MCCA and it's the parking garage. talked to a woman on the phone. she said that in the event of a flash thunderstorm, people will be directed to the garage for safety from hail and such. sounded very professional, and was quite nice.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
If you look at the link TheLieWeLive posted ( City of Boston ) you'll get a nice insight. The "emergency" they referred to is snow emergencies and seems they want cars off the road and parked in the garages during serious snowstorm emergencies.

The OP's sign is rather blitzed ... and is probably just on accidently or glitched ... like when they drop the "ice on roads" signs here in the middle Summer.

edit on 3/7/2013 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Yeah. They have snow emergency parking in the Commons garage. I used it once when I lived in East Boston. When they declare a snow emergency, you can't park on the street.

CX

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trexter Ziam
If you look at the link TheLieWeLive posted ( City of Boston ) you'll get a nice insight. The "emergency" they referred to is snow emergencies and seems they want cars off the road and parked in the garages during serious snowstorm emergencies.

The OP's sign is rather blitzed ... and is probably just on accidently or glitched ... like when they drop the "ice on roads" signs here in the middle Summer.

edit on 3/7/2013 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

yes we get snow emergencies all the time in MA. and do park in garages.. so that would make sense for a parking prior to an "emergency"... or snow emergency
But why a snow emergency is on now.. i doubt is a glitch.

regarding the blitzed picture.. not sure what you mean.. i think you mean its because the picture is not the full "words" ? if so, the full words were there on the sign. but the camera shutter works faster then the sign. so when looking at the sign through a camera, all the words do not show. it shows up on camera ( or phone camera) like blinking LEDS. i can video it tomorrow or tonight if i am in the area again. but trust me.. the sign was full on, easy to read...
and its been on all day...

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by JamesCookieIII
called MCCA and it's the parking garage. talked to a woman on the phone. she said that in the event of a flash thunderstorm, people will be directed to the garage for safety from hail and such. sounded very professional, and was quite nice.

this DOES sound legit... last year, we did get a huge rain downpour right before the display.. people were shoveled out of the area.. only to be shoveld back once it cleared.

so this could be a good point.

i just got a bit suspicious when i heard yesterday they arent televising it nationally like they used to.. especially after the whole "boston strong" thing.. i would imagine every one wants to watch it.

glad i brought this to ATS... and i hope all protesters and families, and kids, and elderly and animals are all safe tomorrow . Not only here in Boston, but also the rest of the country...

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by loueber

regarding the blitzed picture.. not sure what you mean.. i think you mean its because the picture is not the full "words" ? if so, the full words were there on the sign. but the camera shutter works faster then the sign. so when looking at the sign through a camera, all the words do not show. it shows up on camera ( or phone camera) like blinking LEDS. i can video it tomorrow or tonight if i am in the area again. but trust me.. the sign was full on, easy to read...
and its been on all day...

Yes, that's what I meant. Sorry, I understand now why most the LED lights seemed to be out - shutter speed. Got it! Thanks!

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

join