It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Massive Protests are Pro-Morsi not Vice-versa

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
Estimates are at 17 million protesters. So lets think about this. Even if its true that there are 8 million pro-morsi protesters out there, that still means that there are 9 million ANTI-morsi protesters.

Math. its a funny thing.

you mean something like this (courtesy BBC):

And I will set the Egyptians against the Egyptians; and they shall fight every one against his brother, and every one against his neighbour; city against city, kingdom against kingdom.

Isaiah 19:2

No, I am not a "Bible-thumper", just find it interesting (and yes..one could also see it as an excerpt from America's foreign policy ).

edit on 3-7-2013 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by johncarter

Yep!

I anticipate Al Qaeda coming out any minute to try and save Morsi and condemn the rest of the Egyptians.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Right on cue...

The brother of Al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri, who lives in Egypt, has vowed to engage in armed struggle if President Mohamed Morsy is forced to step down in response to massive protests demanding early presidential elections.

www.egyptindependent.com...

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
Right on cue...

The brother of Al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri, who lives in Egypt, has vowed to engage in armed struggle if President Mohamed Morsy is forced to step down in response to massive protests demanding early presidential elections.

www.egyptindependent.com...

Nice one bro

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
If anyone wants to doubt what's happening at the ANTI-MORSI rally in Cairo...

Reuters Live Stream

Meanwhile, there are reports of military vehicles attending the location of a pro-Morsi rally where he himself is reportedly holed up.

The military imposed a deadline to force the Morsi regime to talk with other political groups and come to a more suitable coalition that is more able to manage the country. That was the right thing to do.

Morsi has failed, consolidated power, increased the poverty of the people, and is basically rolling Egypt back to an 18th century Islamist nation. The people have no jobs, no fuel, no clean water, no gas... of course these people are going to be enraged by the massive failures of their government. They are watching a corrupt religious dictatorship running their country into the ground!

I hope the military can resolve this quickly and cleanly, without violence. They need to make sure that both parties are kept apart where possible, and that violence on the streets is not ignored. I really hope they can create a decent government for the people.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   

reply to post by Misbah

Come on! We all know that the Middle East agenda is to create an Islamic Union based on Political Islam and there's no room for non-Muslims in it according to the leaders of the Middle East.

They won't be happy until the all of Israel is owned by the Islamic, so they are no different.

I suppose that's why Iran has the second largest Jewish population in the Middle East after Israel.
www.thenational.ae...

You've been bamboozled.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rocker2013
If anyone wants to doubt what's happening at the ANTI-MORSI rally in Cairo...

Reuters Live Stream

Meanwhile, there are reports of military vehicles attending the location of a pro-Morsi rally where he himself is reportedly holed up.

The military imposed a deadline to force the Morsi regime to talk with other political groups and come to a more suitable coalition that is more able to manage the country. That was the right thing to do.

Morsi has failed, consolidated power, increased the poverty of the people, and is basically rolling Egypt back to an 18th century Islamist nation. The people have no jobs, no fuel, no clean water, no gas... of course these people are going to be enraged by the massive failures of their government. They are watching a corrupt religious dictatorship running their country into the ground!

I hope the military can resolve this quickly and cleanly, without violence. They need to make sure that both parties are kept apart where possible, and that violence on the streets is not ignored. I really hope they can create a decent government for the people.

Here is a picture (courtesy BBC) of the first tanks being deployed in Cairo.

I can assure you that the army will soon, quietly, hunt down the leadership of the Muslim Brotherhood like a cat hunting rats. they ve waited for this opportunity and moment for a many years. This is going to be the Egyptian version of the night of the long knives (the first one taking place in Nazi Germany).

hmmm.....I think I hear a sound a a pig squeeling in the presidential palace. Who can that be? Mursi, Morsi or (the) Mummy?
edit on 3-7-2013 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by frazzle

I suppose that's why Iran has the second largest Jewish population in the Middle East after Israel.
www.thenational.ae...

You've been bamboozled.

Dude, you need to do more homework...

What about Iran's agenda?

Here are some quotes from Khamenei...

"I regard supporting the plan for independence of Israel and its recognition a tragedy for the Muslims and an explosion for the Islamic governments."

"The fake Zionist regime will disappear from the landscape of geography."

“The only way to confront the Zionist enemy is the continuation and fortification of resistance and Jihad."

"Israel must be eradicated from the page of history."

"Israel is rejected by us, we shall never give it oil nor ever recognize it."

The bottom line is, people like Khamenei consider the entire land of Israel to be Islamic land and they won't rest until it is conquered for Islam. There is no room in the entire Middle East for a country that is not Islamic according to them.

This is why a few years ago we saw Ahmadinejad tell Europe that they should take back the Jews and provide a home for them.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocker2013

Highly doubt there won't be violence. I've just talked to an Egyptian friend and he says most of the Muslim Brotherhood are so radical that if their leader (Morsi) says so they will willingly give up their life as they think they are assured they're going to heaven. He's constantly monitoring the situation he's afraid for his family who are in Egypt and i asked him if how many percent does he think supports Morsi. He said around 10% of the Egyptians muslims are diehard radical or extremist and these are the Muslim Brotherhood members.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocker2013

Bull. When globalist bankers want an uprising they create a currency war to get people to blame government for their financial troubles. It has less to do with religion than with MONEY. As always.

An owner of a currency exchange centre said:
“Traders import from abroad and this increases the demand for the dollar, importers resort to collecting the dollar from the markets and this reduces the rate of the Egyptian currency.”

www.euronews.com...

And guess what, its happening to you, too, right here in River City, and who do you blame?

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

What has the globalist bankers has to do with the trade importers? Majority of the businesses all around the world trades in US Dollars, so if an importer buys from a manufacturer in a different country, he will most likely pay in US dollars as most demands they be paid in US dollars. It's just supply and demand.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by marhaba
reply to post by frazzle

What has the globalist bankers has to do with the trade importers? Majority of the businesses all around the world trades in US Dollars, so if an importer buys from a manufacturer in a different country, he will most likely pay in US dollars as most demands they be paid in US dollars. It's just supply and demand.

Only everything. Control the money and you control trade, including the supply end of it. If a nation wishes to trade in something OTHER than dollars, those other currencies are systematically devalued to destroy the economies dealing in them. Like in Iraq and Libya and now Syria and Egypt and Iran. Read up on Bretton Woods and then the petro dollar. That's why the world MUST trade in dollars. Or else.

Even bitcoin wasn't invulnerable to being hijacked.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by johncarter
Here is a picture (courtesy BBC) of the first tanks being deployed in Cairo.

I hate the media. Those are not Tanks, they are M113A3 Armored Personnel Carriers. They get the troops to where they need to go. The US gave them to Egypt a bit back. Tanks would be useless in this situation...maybe later, but not now.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

And how many are " sleeping "?

Quite a few considering the population of Egypt is 82 million.

Protests are 10-20 million?

So what is the other 60 million doing?

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

And how many are " sleeping "?

Quite a few considering the population of Egypt is 82 million.

Protests are 10-20 million?

So what is the other 60 million doing?

You dont count babies , older man, housewifes, people at work , people at holiday and ancient resorts, people not in country, do you ?

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

People at work?

Aint that what they are protesting?

The lack of 'work' ?

Egyptian economy depends on Tourism?

Yes?

Why would anyone want to go to Egypt when they are protesting all the time.

Oh and fine take 30 million off for babies etc

Still leaves quite 30 million they keep protesting they will never get jobs etc.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Misbah

Looks like you were wrong, but at the same time Morsi did have some pro-muslims for him. There was some civil war between the two. Morsi's organization got overthrown of course, 33 million is alot of people. lol

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
The Egyptian military just announced that he is no longer the president.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
If the whole population were to protest some would day of hunger. You can't expect the whole population of 90m+ to just walk out and protest. Many of them are unsure of what's going on out there, they chill until someone comes to a conclusion and if it's not what they like, they go out and protest.

Now for me I think what the army did was seriously wrong, you can't simply kick a government that was democratically elected by the people. Now you've got the 51% that Morsi got during his election being mad about the situation. Are you solving the problem or making it worse with a coupe? In my opinion it's worse, how about Morsi's fans get out now and demand government change? It's just an evil circle. There will be killings and political instability. Big mistakes, especially giving the power to thugs from the Mubarak regime.

Peace

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Misbah

Now for me I think what the army did was seriously wrong, you can't simply kick a government that was democratically elected by the people.

That's what happens when a leader is democratically elected based on nothing but lies and deceit.

Too bad officials in our country (America) aren't looking out for us in the same way your military is looking out for you. It's not like your military didn't give Morsi a chance. They tried to work with him and he refused.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join