It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Massive Protests are Pro-Morsi not Vice-versa

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
What makes everyone think that most of those gathered to protest in Egypt are against the Morsi government? 8 million of those are for Morsi according to a source and I highly doubt that the anti-regime folks are anywhere near that. When the majority are for the regime why would you still want to topple the regime? This is where Democracy makes absolutely no sense. With a majority chosen government, can you make a coupe?

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Misbah

We should know for sure around 10:00 am CST.

I'll be watching.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Misbah

And how many are " sleeping "? What i see Egypt has awaken to Morsi´s agenda Morsi is fanatic and his fanatic beliefs destroys the nation and democracy.

Morsi has not done anything good for Egypt instead free speech is jeopardized articles with opposite views has been modified. Historical places and statues have been detroyed by these fanatics. And tourism which has been one of the biggest income to Egypt has decreased by 37% and its not safe for tourists in there.

Eventually political failure by opportunist muslim brotherhood causes economical meltdown in Egypt and its the common people who suffers.. i doubt Morsi does.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Misbah

What makes everyone think that most of those gathered to protest in Egypt are against the Morsi government?

Perhaps all the signs they are waving around which make it clear what they are protesting?

8 million of those are for Morsi according to a source

... "a source" huh? Can you perhaps be a tad more specific.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Misbah

Well, according the the MSM it is anti-Morsi,
so if you can provide something that states otherwise, I would be interested in seeing/reading it.

You gotta provide some sort of proof though.
edit on 3-7-2013 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Well the source is in Arabic, I doubt some of you can read it. Western media aren't giving out numbers and they're showing the wrong picture, the massive protests are for Morsi and not against him. You sheeps still believe in what media says?

Morsi and his government are not fanatical or delusional. They're people with palms full of peace. I highly doubt there is any government in the West or East that can be as equal in good as they are. If they succeed in taking power and make the laws Shari'ah, I'll be considering moving there if it's possible. Shari'ah is a divine law from God and must be used to put peace in order.

If you really believe that Shari'ah is all about killing humans and taking the rights of others, you're insanely wrong and uneducated about Islam.

Shari'ah is about living in peace and in compassion with other humans beings, despite the religious, cultural and ethnic diversities. Don't think for a second that Islam or Shari'ah encourages violence, because you'd be incredibly wrong.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Misbah

Its understandable Western media will manipulate the protest to support their ideals.

Example: if they want the president of Egypt dethroned, they would just focus the camera on the Anti-group.

Then again, more reference or links would be good. Possibly something Local from Egypt.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Admit that you thought that most of the demonstrators were against Morsi and his government in place. Because that's the picture Western media is printing and it's a false one. I've read most of the publishes in Western media on the Egypt protests and they're mostly gravely wrong and misleading. People are protesting for Morsi because they love him, that's not what Western media shows, they show the opposite. I really hope Morsi doesn't give up and hand the power up to the same people who ruled under Mubarak. Only thieves, thugs and criminals make it under such a regime. Would you want to steal for a living? If not, others are willing to it.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misbah
Well the source is in Arabic, I doubt some of you can read it. Western media aren't giving out numbers and they're showing the wrong picture, the massive protests are for Morsi and not against him. You sheeps still believe in what media says?

Morsi and his government are not fanatical or delusional. They're people with palms full of peace. I highly doubt there is any government in the West or East that can be as equal in good as they are. If they succeed in taking power and make the laws Shari'ah, I'll be considering moving there if it's possible. Shari'ah is a divine law from God and must be used to put peace in order.

If you really believe that Shari'ah is all about killing humans and taking the rights of others, you're insanely wrong and uneducated about Islam.

Shari'ah is about living in peace and in compassion with other humans beings, despite the religious, cultural and ethnic diversities. Don't think for a second that Islam or Shari'ah encourages violence, because you'd be incredibly wrong.

This sounds peaceful to me.

Yeeaaa.....riiiight.

edit on 3-7-2013 by TDawgRex because: 3x's for emphasis

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Misbah

Now how stupid would I have to be in order to believe one word you've posted in your OP?

Where are your sources? Why did you even post this is a "Breaking News" forum? If your only sources are in arabic, post them anyway, I'm sure someone else here on ATS is capable of translating them for us.

Show us some pictures of tens of thousands of people holding signs in adoration of Morsi and maybe, just maybe, you'd have an argument.

With respect to your thread title, I call "liar, liar, pants on fire."
edit on 3-7-2013 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Misbah

Lol and what motive would the media have to make it look like they are against Morsi. They are criticizing the western world and saying that Obama supports Muslim Brotherhood terrorists. If anything they will try to make the protest look less serious than it is, and even black it out of the news as much as they can.
edit on 3/7/2013 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Misbah

Actually what I have seen on western media television was split screen video, one of a crowd outside the presidential palace who are "pro-Morsi" and the other in Tahrir Square which is "anti-Morsi" so they are showing a balanced picture of both sides of the coin! Although I must say that judging by the coverage I have seen the "anti" crowd is MUCH bigger than the "pro" crowd! That is just my opinion!
edit on 3/7/13 by wiser3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Alright, let's start comparing, but keeping in mind that Egyptian reporters are going to print what Morsi wants them to...

Islamist demonstrators in Rabea al-Adaweya Square have increased on Tuesday in support of the legitimacy of President Mohamed Morsy, as several marches arrived to the square from various parts of Cairo and other governorates.

They say the total number of demonstrators in and around the square is 4 million.

www.egyptindependent.com...

Off to dig up numbers from the opposing protesters in another square...

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Misbah

Let's see your source, we got some pretty smart folks here and I bet they will translate for us.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Media in arabic countries is very much similar as media in North Korea, what is against will not been seen and its part of the brainwashing routine theocracys have there.

Free speech doesnt exist in arab theocracy which follows the sharia law, its illegal to disseminate online material that can threaten "public order" and sharia law. This is where Egypt is going under Morsis goverment if it continues.

There are live feeds from Egypt you can see pro morsi protests like Al Jazeera or Tahir Square

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Not finding any numbers yet for Tahrir Square, but did find this in the Egypt Independent...

Egypt's Salafi Dawaa, and its political Nour Party, has called on President Mohamed Morsy to set a date for early presidential elections and form a neutral technocratic government, the first signs that the country's political impasse is no longer simply a division between Islamist and opposition.

www.egyptindependent.com...

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
an FYI

In a nutshell, the economy is in very poor shape in Egypt. Islamists(who support Morsi) think he isnt doing enough(like cleaning up all the Mubarak lackeys in the Judiciary) and everyone else think he has done way too much to hurt the country. So here is the lineup

Pro Muslim Brotherhood crowd is still in the Morsi camp, just pushing him AGAINST the army. The US funded Army is in the secular camp, though needing Islamist good will to function

Eveyone else is basically screwed

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misbah
Well the source is in Arabic,

I have google translator

Post away

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
How about stopping all those stupid wars between sunni and shia?

That would help about a quarter of a billion people to live in peace.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Misbah

You clearly don't understand what is happening in Egypt. Those millions out on the street in unprecedented protests are ANTI-MORSI, and to claim anything different is ludicrous in the extreme.

Morsi was elected on a minority vote, because the majority of Egyptian people had NO FAITH in the election process. He was elected on false promises of rolling back the dictatorship, and then gave himself absolute power under new laws.

The man is a religious dictator, and he's being supported by Obama because the US wants a puppet regime in place and having a real democratic government in Egypt would push out US domination.

The people have spoken, the man will be leaving. Hopefully the army sticks to its word (fingers crossed) and facilitates a real election, with real democratic leaders that the people can actually believe in.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join