It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warning: Graphic Image...Do you all support this???

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Yes, innocents die. Make your choice, stop it, or encourage it. I wish there were no WAR. I wish there were no EVIL. Reality check, WAR is real. I am so tired of exploitation of Children in WAR!. Why do you think you see those pictures? So the terrorist can "TERRORIZE". Millions died in Cambodia, thousands will die in the Sudan, On and On and ON. Peace isn't the abscence of WAR its the abscence of EVIL! You wave your "majic" hands and rid the world of EVIL. And PLEASE stop this!

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   
pain into my heart.. I have children and could never justify this kind of action to any child, no matter what. Those who do are indeed damned for eternity. God will punish them severly when the time comes but until then I and you have to live with their stupidity.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by paperclip
There should be a disclaimer in the title of this thread, something like "warning! graphic image!". I'm babysitting and there are kids in the same room as me, I don't want them to look at the monitor and see pictures like that.

Babysitting and surfing the net. I wish I could find the article I saw last year about a young girl that was babysitting and chatting with friends on the net and one of the children she was babysitting slipped out the back door and into the pool and drowned. If I find it I will post it for you.

Another thing is that you never know what might pop up on a monitor so it might be better not to have children behind your back when surfing the web. Even if it is ATS.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Actually, I blame the parents. The civilians of Falujah were given ample warning and opportunity to evacuate. Children left in this environment, which everyone knew was going to be bloody, are especially vulnerable.

If the terrorist decided to block the familys exit then I blame them. I do not blame our soldiers, who warned repeatedly about what would happen.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
If you're looking for blame on this baby, blame the parents. EVERYONE in Fallujah knew to get the hell out. The citizens of Fallujah by and large supported the insurgents and hid them, lied for them, etc. They were given ample warning before the sweep. This child's parents are likely now regretting their decision to stay, as are we all.

Something interesting...

If you were told by an invading force to get out of your home, would you?

If a close familly member took part in a religious or militant group that the government opposed, would you hide them? If you loved them, you obviously would. No one here can honestly say they would turn in their own flesh and blood just because someone they've probably never met told them that your relative is the enemy.

These people in Fallujah are nothing but hordes of faceless foriegners to the majority of the American public. We (the American public) are failing to realize that these people over sea's are people with real emotions and feelings just like us, and that they are NOT just faceless hordes of foriegners.

Have you seen the size of Fallujah? Theres is no doubt in my mind that the child pictured in this thread will not be the only innocent massacred by the invading force, not to mention the 'Freedom fighting' Iraqi insurgents...

Like that one commander in Full Metal Jacket said: "It's all one big sh-t sandwhich, and we're all gonna have to take a bite."

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   
"They were given plenty of time. They brought this upon themselves"

How in the HELL do you know that they were given time. How the HELL do you know that they/some weren't being forced to stay behind to help fill the blood shed quota on CNN to show the western world. And how the HELL can you say that this young child had a f####ing choice!!!!

Mr. Bush, in his presidential debates touched on Stem Cell research saying clearly that he was greatly opposed to it AND made the 'moral decision' to take innocent life to save lives.....................Just keeps piling the bull# higher and higher!! If this here young dies succumbs to his injuries then Bush and company have done just what his administration says it opposes. They have in essence, taken innocent life to protect Americans.

I have a four year old son. If his life was taken by a foreign invasion meant to provide me with liberty and freedom, would you really think I would have any respect for the institution that destroyed my life. The innocent dying for American safety tells me that life of an Iraqi is considered less valuable than that of others.

I am truly saddened by world.

link   
Thanks MrNice, well put. Hey Immortal, don't confuse polical discussion with any division in the USA. The fact that we can have angry discussions is a good thing. No tanks in the streets yet. If there were, I would be the first to fight them not matter where they were, in Texas or "those other lesser states".

link   
Hello all.

What can I say, nasty pic nasty nasty.

All war is nasty and disgusting, I wish all this wasnt happing but it is.

The only way to stop things like this is love for one another as a human race, that means respect for one another, and a compassion for each indiviual on this planet.

Otherwise more of the same will carry on untill the last human on this planet drops dead.

Then at least there wont be any more nasty pics.!

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Years of Doom, Everquest, Wolfenstein, Civilization and the rest have prepared enough westerners for the horrors of war.
Most people don't connect pictures (such as shown in this thread) with reality or if they do then as a few have posted this type of death is permissible under any number of reasons.
War is the culmination of man at his most intense. America and Britain are historically warrior nations that sought long and hard for years to find a slugfest. One finally occurred (Gulf 1) but it ended too quickly. Not near enough blood ran through the streets.
Since 1066 Britain has not suffered invasion, since 1812 the U.S. has not. 200 years (close) of freewheeling global excursions in to other peoples nations have left the U.S. and UK wanting more.
Where next?

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   
stupid question stupid thread.....

and I don't support the war.... I support our troops....

find something else to occupy your time....

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Not trying to be political but if that little boy was your child and an invading army was telling you that they were trying to free you, would you listen to them and embrace them or would you take up arms?

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrndLkNatv
do you all support this?

That is sad but....that right i have a but...

If we do not continue with what we started we will see alot more of these, except they will be American babies.

By the way, was that baby hurt by American forces or the insurgents we are trying to kill?

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   
"stupid question stupid thread.....

and I don't support the war.... I support our troops....

find something else to occupy your time...."

If it ain't happening to me it doesn't matter! Great attitude.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Thanks for the pictures. I'll keep them in my memory with all the other disturbing images as to the consequence of supporting this war for other reasons, and all the horrible other images of this and past wars.

To everybody. It doesnt matter a damn who hurt that child (and sorry but who is to say the poor kids father wasnt an insurgent.....havent any of you folks ever heard of "camp followers" or gotten used to what parents in our own countries are capable of putting thier kids through....it doesnt matter what thier daddy was either......the kid still ended up maimed), it is a result of war.

Quit trying to lay the blame for it, or dodging it. It takes more one than one side to sustain a war.....Theres enough blame to go around, even to liberals.

This is a result of fifty years of cold war policy of using proxies to fight the big blocks wars, and two hundred years of colonialism before that, and god knows how many thousands of years of human history before that.......Thats not a condemnation or recommendation, thats just a fact.

History records there were people having this same debate 5,000 years ago, and we will be having the same argument when the lights go out on this planet.....200 or 200 million years from now.

The big problem is there are a lot of political science professors who have a lot to answer for on both sides who have implanted the idea in a lot of peoples minds that theres a quick fix to it if only.........

Theres not......unless you want to eject 95% of the human race off the planet....Because IMPHO getting rid of the 15% of the buggers ON both sides actually causing the problems would just create another layer of trouble makers.

On a lighter note (because you need it) "Go spaceward young man, Go spaceward" (an apology to late 19th Century American Historians)

[edit on 8-11-2004 by craigandrew]

link   

Originally posted by GrndLkNatv
You all claim to be against abortion and yet you support the war in Iraq. You just aborted that young child's life, how can you live with yourself? I am disgusted!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please do not claim to know it all when it is obvious you are ignorant of the situation.... Thousands of Iraqi children have died with Saddam in power.....and the insurgents have been killing children too.... Aren't you paying attention to the news that say "insurgent attack kills 5 Americans and 40-50 Iraqis..."

Under the peaceful sanctions of the UN, and which Clinton agreed with and allowed 500,000-560,000 children in Iraq died, in total over 1 million Iraqis died with these sanctions in place. Saddam wasn't too far behind as it is estimated he killed between 300,000-500,000 Iraqis many of them children....

link   
"By the way, was that baby hurt by American forces or the insurgents we are trying to kill?"

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I think the world is overpopulated anyway

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   
"Please do not claim to know it all when it is obvious you are ignorant of the situation.... Thousands of Iraqi children have died with Saddam in power.....and the insurgents have been killing children too.... Aren't you paying attention to the news that say "insurgent attack kills 5 Americans and 40-50 Iraqis..."

Under the peaceful sanctions of the UN, and which Clinton agreed with and allowed 500,000-560,000 children in Iraq died, in total over 1 million Iraqis died with these sanctions in place. Saddam wasn't too far behind as it is estimated he killed between 300,000-500,000 Iraqis many of them children...."

Who cares who killed them, it's still wrong. Those who justify are accomplises.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
in Texas or "those other lesser states".

HA you slay me DOC the lesser states, good way to sneak one in there, I gotta give you props for effort, but I caught you , sneaky one.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Obviously this picture is disturbing but to sit there and lash out and place blame indirectly on some members of ATS (Republicans) is WRONG.

Jemison

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join