It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100 women sexually assaulted in tahrir square.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by RimDaas

You need to wake up, I am only going to say this to you one time and then feel free to ignore me, wouldn't the world be a better place if we all came out of the dark ages?

[Our] work in America is a kind of grand Jihad in eliminating and destroying the Western civilization from within and "sabotaging" its miserable house. — Memorandum, Muslim Brotherhood in North America, 1981
www.discoverthenetworks.org...
edit on 093131p://bThursday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLaughingGod

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I don't think religion has anything to do with it. If religion were the problem then you'd see a real concentration of rapes all over Muslim areas in Western nations.

Uhm, that's exactly what's happening, at least in Europe, but I think it's a combination of culture and religion.

Just look at the rape statistics in Oslo, Norway, in 2009 every single rape perpetrator was an immigrant, mostly muslims. That's not chance, that's a pattern, and I can guarantee you that muslims are highly overrepresented when it comes to rape in most western countries.

It's so clear you'd have to be dumb, deaf and blind not to see it, or you could be a cultural relativist and apologist and simply refuse to see the writing on the wall even though it's as clear as day.

Muslims could be marching through Berlin or London decapitating and raping everybody in sight and you'd still have people blaming us westerners while apologising to the muslims profusely.

Wake up........

Bumped because it needs to be read again!

Best post of the thread IMO!

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLaughingGod

I don't think religion has anything to do with it. If religion were the problem then you'd see a real concentration of rapes all over Muslim areas in Western nations.

Uhm, that's exactly what's happening, at least in Europe, but I think it's a combination of culture and religion.

Just look at the rape statistics in Oslo, Norway, in 2009 every single rape perpetrator was an immigrant, mostly muslims. That's not chance, that's a pattern, and I can guarantee you that muslims are highly overrepresented when it comes to rape in most western countries.

It's so clear you'd have to be dumb, deaf and blind not to see it, or you could be a cultural relativist and apologist and simply refuse to see the writing on the wall even though it's as clear as day.

Muslims could be marching through Berlin or London decapitating and raping everybody in sight and you'd still have people blaming us westerners while apologising to the muslims profusely.

Wake up........

You need to read what I type on a thing like this and not just skim it. I said, very clearly, it is a cultural thing .....but not a RELIGIOUS thing. There are over a Billion Muslims in the world and across almost every nation on Earth. If Rape were a RELIGIOUS thing, we'd have a serial rape problem in almost every nation on this planet and based in the Muslim sector of every major city on Earth. See how totally bat crap crazy that starts to sound? If it's religion though, it's accurate to say.

So... I'm going to suggest, it's nowhere NEAR accurate to say that Islam as a religion has anything whatsoever to do with women being raped in Egypt during a mass protest.

Cultural though? Yup... That would seem to be a kind of evil not just tolerated but sometimes encouraged within some segments of the population over there. Again, not all and generalities don't work well here...but there are absolutely segments and they form the trouble makers in Europe as well as the street fighters in the Mid-East. Pretty much what Western gang bangers are too, with society over there allowing a different path for the predatory criminals to develop, it seems. A worse one, to be sure.

They're still predatory criminals though and not anything I'd say compares with any Muslim I've known in my life. (Average folks)

@Seabag

Can't agree on everything, huh? lol....
edit on 4-7-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I didn't know this was happening.

Crazy.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   

@Seabag

Can't agree on everything, huh? lol....

Nope!

It’s all good, brother.

So... I'm going to suggest, it's nowhere NEAR accurate to say that Islam as a religion has anything whatsoever to do with women being raped in Egypt during a mass protest.

Then I’m going to suggest you skipped over my posts in this thread.

Rape of captives as a proper action is outlined in their religious book (Koran) and there are MANY examples throughout recent history of it happening. The culture that treats women as objects is a culture guided by Islam. To say that religion has nothing to do with it is silly IMO.

It is against Islam to rape Muslim women, but Muhammad actually encouraged the rape of others captured in battle. This hadith provides the context for the Qur’anic verse (4:24): The Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) sent a military expedition to Awtas on the occasion of the battle of Hunain. They met their enemy and fought with them. They defeated them and took them captives.

Some of the Companions of the Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) were reluctant to have intercourse with the female captives in the presence of their husbands who were unbelievers. So Allah, the Exalted, sent down the Qur’anic verse: (Sura 4:24) "And all married women (are forbidden) unto you save those (captives) whom your right hands possess." (Abu Dawud 2150, also Muslim 3433)
www.thereligionofpeace.com...

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

That is a heck of a deal to see happening...and the events surrounding the rise go to support what I'm saying, too.

Really, I didn't just fall off my chair and hit my head to go soft on Jihadis or something.....but this isn't Jihadis. Even the detestable suicide vest kind of Jihadi ...this ain't it. This is just scumbag predatory criminals who have a VERY different value of life and particularly of women because society where they came from tolerate or nurtured that ..depending on which country they came from for degree. Some more background on the tragic crime wave Norway is suffering....

But beefing up the police force wouldn’t even begin to address the problem that’s at the root of the country’s growing rape crisis: the presence in Norway, and especially in Oslo, of ever-growing numbers of people who have nothing but contempt for Western culture, who have absolutely no concept of respect for members of religions other than their own, and who have been brought up on the idea that women who dare to walk the street alone and without veils covering their faces deserve to be violated.

That's not religious. That's cultural. Simple as that.

A glimpse of the official mentality that makes this steady rise in rape statistics possible was provided in an article that appeared in the Norwegian daily Dagbladet on October 25. It appears that in the summer of last year, the same paper ran a story about Abdi, a Somali immigrant, then 24 years old, who since coming to Norway as an asylum seeker had committed 14 robberies, been incarcerated, become a narcotic, and lived on welfare.
Source

Some people really want to pretend like all man is exactly equal and alike, and so just invite any man who wants to come, into any nation they want to go to, from wherever they come from with no concern whatsoever to what that means. Well.. We're all BORN equal. That doesn't mean we STAY equal ...and an immigrant from Kuwait or Qatar is probably as likely to do it as any local resident. From Yemen or Somalia?

Well, these immigrants are coming from nations with major criminal problems or like Somalia, no crime at all, because there is no effective Government to define what a crime is precisely. Countries get what they invite in and it's sure starkly clear in those smaller nations like Norway.

The thing is.....if this were actually religious and not cultural? You'd see the same happening from 2nd and 3rd generation Muslim citizens and/or residents of nations around the world, which is NOT happening. Off the boat type? Oh yeah.... They JUST CAME from places where cops either didn't exist at all or were the best very little money thrown at them could buy, in many cases. Or like some places...like Yemen.... People just really don't care enough to bother and those who do care are a little busy with a civil war in-progress with Al Qaeda.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   

I hear you Wrabbit.

You could see the rise in crime when the Mariel boat lift happened in Florida.

But..........

A majority of those "released" from Cuba were criminals.

Religion plays a different role a bigger role, when it comes to those immigrating into a Country such as Norway, or Sweden. With that those "youths" do have a sense of moral code to live by. Those established need to teach their youths or those immigrating that this cannot happen, because there are those that will finger ALL Muslims as barbaric.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   

That's not religious. That's cultural. Simple as that.

Their religion guides their culture….ME people live under theocratic rule. You may be able to separate it in your mind but I would argue the average citizen there can’t; its just the norm.

You have a religion that teaches raping captives (male or female) is acceptable and expected. Couple that with religious Sharia law that says a woman needs 4 male witnesses to prove rape (
) and you have a recipe for disaster.

The culture does permit these things and I’m arguing that the culture is the way it is because of Islam.

Edit to add - Here is a question – Would you say polygamy in the Mormon community is just cultural or would you say Mormonism has something to do with it?

edit on 4-7-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
No war has ever been in God or Allahs name

They have been and will be in mans name

For God or Allah would never condone such a thing

He weeps for us for killing ourselves.

Not the first time I have starred one of your posts, but each time its memorable.
Well said.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I think the tragic and really profound thing here is that rape as a weapon and a tactic as well as just outright predatory scumbaggery isn't Islamic in origin or nature. I didn't have these examples I've collected here handy earlier and it's part of what's taken me a bit to respond ...but I knew they were out there to be found and recall stories like this frequently enough to leave me thankful to be in a society where rape, generally speaking, IS considered among the worst things imaginable.

Background on Rape as a Weapon of War

^ ^ ^ That one covers Sierra Leone, Kashmir (By Indian Forces ..which are Hindu by vast majority) and Darfur...where everyone involved is often Muslim and rape is a strategic tactic....as scary as that is

The UN has this to say about it......

Local health centres in the DRC’s South Kivu province estimate that 40 women are raped in the region every day. In Liberia, which is slowly recovering after a 13-year civil war, a government survey in 10 counties in 2005-2006 showed that 92 per cent of the 1,600 women interviewed had experienced sexual violence, including rape. These numbers probably err on the low side because women fear the retaliation and social ignominy that reporting a rape could bring. In Darfur, says the NGO Human Rights Watch, women and girls live under the constant threat of rape by Sudanese Government soldiers, members of the Government-backed Janjaweed militia, rebels and ex-rebels.

Warring groups use rape as a weapon because it destroys communities totally, says Major-General Patrick Cammaert, former commander of UN peacekeeping forces in the eastern Congo. “You destroy communities. You punish the men, and you punish the women, doing it in front of the men.” Adds Cammaert: “It has probably become more dangerous to be a woman than a soldier in armed conflict.”
(Source: Rape: Weapon of war ]

The Peace Corps experiences it world wide it would seem, to hear them discuss it.

More than 1,000 young American women have been raped or sexually assaulted in the last decade while serving as Peace Corps volunteers in foreign countries, an ABC News 20/20 investigation has found.
Source

South Africa also suffers it at a disturbingly frequent level...and religion wouldn't be the factor there.

South African police documented more than 64,000 rapes last year.

A widely cited 2010 study found that more than a quarter of South African men have admitted to raping a girl or woman. One in seven men admitted to gang rape.
Source

There are others and most areas of the world seem to have had their periods of suffering it on a widespread basis. I've never understood the draw or point on a personal level. The reasoning given could never get me to do such a thing to another person, as a soldier or anything else for that matter. Yet, it does happen on a global basis and in different religious backgrounds. After all, Hindu and Muslim can't get much more different as things go, still, the same "tactic" is seen under both.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   

I'm so tired of these types of debates so since I neither have the time nor the inclination to answer in full I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

reply to post by seabag

Thanks, I appreciate it.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLaughingGod

If you figure that's the extent of a reply needed after telling me I'd be dumb not to see your way and your side ...with the final admonishment to "wake up"? Oh, we'll agree to disagree alright. We'll never talk on another thread again. I can tolerate almost everything....but bigotry is too much. Bigotry against Muslims doesn't make it right, either.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

Why didn't she sue the hell out of everyone for all of my life, and my mothers life, and even into my grandparents life, that would be illegal. You cannot single out single families fleeing abuse and take their kids away when they are providing for them.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

You will find that all three of the big religions say it is ok to rape and keep slaves during war.

really? i'd like to see some quotes with that.

there is a difference between a religion stating that it is ok to rape women, and "followers" carrying out the acts anyways.

it sounds like there are some groups of men going around and doing this. it's sad. i suppose it is the logical conclusion to using personal pleasure as a justification for the suffering of others though.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

reply to post by TheLaughingGod

If you figure that's the extent of a reply needed after telling me I'd be dumb not to see your way and your side ...with the final admonishment to "wake up"? Oh, we'll agree to disagree alright. We'll never talk on another thread again. I can tolerate almost everything....but bigotry is too much. Bigotry against Muslims doesn't make it right, either.

Hey it's just a figure of speech, thing is, I don't have the heart to debate in threads endlessly any longer, so instead of going back and forth again and again I opted to end it before it had a chance to get out of hand.
And for that you make me your foe? Honestly I was trying to avoid conflict, I'm sorry if I offended you, as I said, that was just a figure of speech, I excuse myself, I can get a little bit upset when it comes to this topic since I find it so important and crucial to the world in which I'm living.

I don't consider myself a bigot(obviously), I don't dislike all muslims, I just don't like the idea of my culture and my people dying a slow death by demographics, cause that is eventually what will happen if the mass immigration continues, it's basic math.
You can take a look at every country with muslims in the world and you'll notice a pattern, once they reach a certain percentage of the population they'll start a low intensity conflict, heck it's already happening, there's places in my country I can't visit because I'm white, you've heard of the no-go zones right, muslim enclaves.. they only make up 6% in my country yet they're already waging 'war' on the police and firemen, rioting all the time. Their population has doubled in 14 years, and it'll keep on doubling exponentially.

So forgive me if my view on the collective effect that muslims are having on my country is anything but positive.

Of course there are nice ones, moderate ones, intelligent and hard working ones, I don't care about that, I care about losing my country, I care about our welfare system that is on the verge of collapse because of immigration, I care about the cutbacks in our healthcare, I care about the collective effect they're having on the country..
My position is born out of love for my culture and for my people, not out of hate for foreigners.

This is how I see things.. and if that makes me a bigot in your eyes then that's that.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join