It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Evil child within!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

I think I just might be "real" to those I make an impression on in this life.... otherwise yeah I'm certain I am just a figment of mine or their imagination... lol

But yeah... without imagination would we have reality...

I don't know... I imagine stuff all the time but it doesn't then come to fruition.. guess I'm just pondering it around in my head still

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by leolady

Imagination reminds me of a nebular cluster in space its there but unformed and work in progress to bringing life and reality into being.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
reply to post by arpgme

How real are you if your thoughts are the action of a spinning electromagnetic wind. A gust will one day sweep your mind away.

I already experience thoughts as they come and go, If I am not real then I would not be experiencing any thoughts at all.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I already experience thoughts as they come and go, If I am not real then I would not be experiencing any thoughts at all.

Is not thoughts a manifest of the mind? Is the mind a cluster of illusions? Are you not experiencing a illusion? How real can an illusion be?

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I have devoted way too many years of my life to escapism to not know how real I am.

I always seem to wind up back at square one.

Reality.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   

reply to post by arpgme

Is not thoughts a manifest of the mind? Is the mind a cluster of illusions? Are you not experiencing a illusion? How real can an illusion be?

I am real because I am able to experience. If I weren't real, then I would not be experiencing anything at all.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I am real because I am able to experience. If I weren't real, then I would not be experiencing anything at all.

If that is your definition of real then it could be applied to a rock or a computer. How do we know they don't experience. Are you more real than a rock on the ground or my desktop computer?

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   
row .row row your boat .
gently down the stream.
life is but a dream .
so why can't i wake up from this nightmare

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   

reply to post by arpgme

If that is your definition of real then it could be applied to a rock or a computer. How do we know they don't experience. Are you more real than a rock on the ground or my desktop computer?

You are pointing to physical forms (things). We know that the physical form changes and thoughts and emotions also change, but the awareness doesn't change. It is just being aware of what is there.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

You are pointing to physical forms (things). We know that the physical form changes and thoughts and emotions also change, but the awareness doesn't change. It is just being aware of what is there.

If that is the case you realise then you could be reincarnated as a rock. Better have fun in this life while you can enjoy pleasures of the flesh.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   

reply to post by arpgme

If that is the case you realise then you could be reincarnated as a rock. Better have fun in this life while you can enjoy pleasures of the flesh.

If I were a rock, I probably wouldn't even know about the pleasures of the flesh so I wouldn't feel like I am missing out on anything.

Suffering happens when we feel like there is something we are missing out on.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Suffering happens when we feel like there is something we are missing out on.

Your a suffering I can tell. You want no boundaries and yet your life is nothing but boundaries.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   
This is the most absurd theory I've seen for a week on ATS.

All of your reasoning supporting your perspective is only elemental to the entirety of the possibilities of mind.

Yes the mind can consider possibilities that may be an illusion until acted upon. But that doesn't make all of thought an illusion. When I decide I want to paint, and I go to art store grab canvass, paint, and brushes and come home to paint that art is not an illusion. It is a manifestation of my real thought machine of a mind.

And just because the universe can sweep me away at any moment, doesn't mean that I did not first evolve from natural selection into a capable human who was able to live a fulfilled life until that judgement arrived? I was still a person that manifested ideas into real things and lived a long road of life.

To me, I think you have over analyzed space and time and the cosmos to the point where you are scared about your lack of importance in the big picture.

We are living on a spec of rock in the midst of trillions of miles in all directions utter blackness. All alone in the cosmic country with no neighbors in the black infinite vacuum of space. If not for a distance flashlight that we are lucky enough to be in its line of sight do we even have the ability to live under its attention for half a day...

...BUT WE ARE REAL.

edit on 5-7-2013 by AnAbsoluteCreation because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   

reply to post by arpgme

Your a suffering I can tell. You want no boundaries and yet your life is nothing but boundaries.

That is your opinion and you are free to have it. Currently, I don't feel any "suffering" though. I'm a peace.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

That is your opinion and you are free to have it. Currently, I don't feel any "suffering" though. I'm a peace.

Dead people in Coffins are also in peace. That's my opinion as well.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 01:54 AM
link   

You say your real...i challenge you that you are not real!

Who are you challenging again?

<< 1   >>

join