It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could we have some age related(wisdom ) awareness on ATS?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by voudon
In my opinion older generations are probably more susceptible to propaganda and conditioning. I would argue that in contrast the younger generations of today in combination with technology have just as much, if not more of a realistic perspective on ATS subjects.

lol, no. Remember, when you are 30 years older than you are now, will you want to be seen as more susceptible to anything? Why not, you are assuming those older than you now are would be. Mate, every generation thinks this. It's truly not an age thing, there are probably 10 year olds looking at you now thinking you are so past it - it's life, no one generation is the golden generation.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I like ATS just as it is. Not knowing age or gender (sometimes) lets me give more thought to what they are saying then if I have a preconceived idea knowing their age or gender.
what she say?

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by EA006
reply to post by paradiselost333

Pointless exercise. Everyone should keep as much personal information about themselves off-line when they can.
When TSHTF less is better.

That cause is probably quite futile considering by the very virtue of you posting on here you are linking your ATS name to your IP address which links to your real address and government name, age, education e.t.c. Did the PRISM revelations not get across to you the jizt that pretty much everything we have ever done on the internet is in some way or another connected directly to our real selves and is readily available to TPTB? Unless you of course use some sort of proxy server/net cafe exclusively for this website lol.

In regards to the OP, I guess it would be a cool idea but it shouldn't be linked to intelligence (for the reasons many have already stated here). I do think though that older people generally deserve a bit more respect and attention, because let's be honest - they have a vast amount more life experience (generally speaking that is). Not that you should view them as superior or anything. The problem is though, like someone already said, that it will probably be used as a tool to discredit younger posters or something along those lines.

Wisdom is what is gained when one analyzes their life's events and draws appropriate conclusions/knowledge from them (i.e learns a lesson). But amount of life events =/= Wisdom. Those kid geniuses spoken about in this thread cannot be nearly as wise as they are knowledgeable. Wisdom is a gift not many receive in my opinion, and has a lot to do with one's capability to self-reflect in retrospect while attempting to be as free as possible from their own ego's manipulation/bias.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Pretty sure I'm Gettin'what thing yer gettin' at. And That would be A diff Thing to do, as some won't Like/want to do that.
However, with All the Things I've put in my Body During my 40 + or so Experimental Years, and I'm more than a Decade older than that and did enter Mind Altering Substances, Like TONS into my Realm And for the most part my Experimental Years are gone, mostly, I think, So I'll try to give a somewhat coherent answer. BUT All the Things I've seen, All the Things I've Heard, All the Other Things I've Experienced, I'm still tryin' ta Figger what a Thing is.? Maybe soon's we figger that'n out, we could get to the bizness of doin that thing......
(so much for the older the wizer eh? Yah, I'm Experimentin' now. WOOO HOOOOO LOL!!!!!!)

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by DazDaKing

Yep, and Knowledge Learned and get's SomeOne Book Smart isn't Chit when what One Learns as Street Smarts is DefNetly what One Needs Most. Later, Syx.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
It could be interesting to me, but unfortunately, it would be a exercise of futility. People already bring up join dates as a way to shrug off a newer member. If age and/or gender were displayed, people would start checking those before they actually read the post, then due to a person's age or gender, many people would ignore that person entirely. It's unfortunate, but it's just the way things are.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   
We are all here because we want to learn, because we want to deny Ignorance, numerical advancement really has no bearing on that.

Wisdom exists, because wisdom is Truth, whether its uttered from the mouth of a 10 year old or an 80 year old.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   

well im 22 so put me on the youngin list.

My wisdom comes from Aliens.

And i don't even deny it

Love life and creation. Understand life is cycles. And never freat over your soul. As long as you have both in mind.
And a clear concious. You will be better off than the rest.

edit on 9-7-2013 by CrypticSouthpaw because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join