It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Director of national intelligence apologizes to senators for lying about NSA spying

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Clapper is admitting (now that the truth has come out that they are spying on millions of americans) that he perjured himself. Most of us know this at this point, but my question is why is he not being held accountable? He should be charged with his crimes as there is no doubt that he has.
With Snowden they charged him to the fullest extent of the law. So far i have not heard a peep of charges being filed against, Clapper. Thus the hypocrisy goes on and on. This is the stuff that really gets under my skin. All those screaming "what Snowden did was a crime, period." where are you at on, Clapper? We just overlook him cause he is on the inside?
The law is the law and should apply to everyone. Regardless of rank or status.

link

What say you ATS?

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Your Source-Qoute-
"But now the national intelligence director is telling another story. In a failed attempt to minimize criticism against him, Clapper sent a letter to the Senate Intelligence Committee on June 21, stating that his “response was clearly erroneous – for which I apologize.” He claims that he misunderstood the original question.

“I have thought long and hard to re-create what went through my mind at the time,” he says in the letter, parts of which were first published by the Washington Post."

-

He cant even apologize truthfully.

He knew damn well he was lying- and he knew damned well he was 'tap dancing' around those questions.

I agree with the OP- These liars in Govt are worse criminals than Snowden could ever hope to be.
edit on 3-7-2013 by Common Good because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 02:04 AM
link   
He was forced to confess. He is taking the bullet for someone else.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Well, all's good now! Move along, nothing to see here.
The "apology" will be the end of the media's coverage of the issue.
Just like the wmd's in Iraq.
Just like Bin Laden's body that wasn't.
Just like building 7's collapse.

It never really happened.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Sacked and charged. The goose lied under oath and after being found out he’s not taking responsibility but making excuses. Sounds pretty standard for people in his position. What Snowden did shouldn’t be illegal as the Government should be telling people what they are doing. After all, we pay their inflated salaries. They work for us, we do not serve them. There’s too much secrecy, lies and corruption. Then when found out they aren’t big enough nor courageous enough to take responsibility for their actions. It’s a disgrace really, and the biggest crying shame is that 80% of the general population couldn’t give a damn. If they did, the world would be a vastly different place.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman
He was forced to confess. He is taking the bullet for someone else.

The grand acting stage. Everyone asking the questions knew the real answers just as he did. They do hearings to get "the truth" out. Or what they feel is necessary to kill the inquiries.

In Canada, people can't be prosecuted from testimony from public hearings. In a sense, it brings out all the juicy details. But at the same time, you will never see people be held accountable.

Former PM Brian Mulroney admitted to lying to the government, subsequently suing them for defamation (and winning 2 million settlement) when he was accused of pocketing a couple hundred thousand cash. In the end, he kept the cash and the settlement money.

For some reason I'd rather see that, hear what really happened, then see fall guys take it and go through a stage show prosecution.

To each their own.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   
But what he's really sorry for is getting caught! Lying is second nature to someone in his field of work, if not first. "trust us"

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Privateinquotations
Clapper is admitting (now that the truth has come out that they are spying on millions of americans) that he perjured himself. Most of us know this at this point, but my question is why is he not being held accountable? He should be charged with his crimes as there is no doubt that he has.
With Snowden they charged him to the fullest extent of the law. So far i have not heard a peep of charges being filed against, Clapper. Thus the hypocrisy goes on and on. This is the stuff that really gets under my skin. All those screaming "what Snowden did was a crime, period." where are you at on, Clapper? We just overlook him cause he is on the inside?
The law is the law and should apply to everyone. Regardless of rank or status.

link

What say you ATS?

I don't know. Someone reveals 'government' secrets and it's called treason. What is it called when public officials lie to an entire nation? If treason against a government is punishable by death, where is the equivalent when government goes against the people?

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Awww poor little blighter.

Director of the National Intelligence and the best he can come up with is "Derp, I dun unnastand da quastionz."

It's like the other guy, when asked "Do the NSA spy on US citizens?" and his reply "We are not Authorized to do so."

Oh well alrighty then, case closed.

Anyone else find it hilarious that this guys title is Director Clapper. Google that !

CUT! It's a wrap.

edit on 3-7-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   
lol... so you tell the truth to the world and get hunted down like a dog. But if you tell a lie to the world and then get caught for that lie, don't worry, you'll still be strolling around government offices like nothing ever happened.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Privateinquotations
my question is why is he not being held accountable?

Because governments over the last twenty years have found that they can act with impunity, and no one is going to protest it.

We really have come to a point where a mafia is in control, playing by their own rules, with massive corruption throughout every branch of government. When the people don't argue against it, they become bolder, until we get to where we are now.

There is no accountability, because the people became so apathetic that they barely educate themselves about what's actually happening in their own government.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
This is funny to me

A spook has to apologize for doing his job

It's what they do!.

Even more funny someone has to apologize to a bunch of people who are liars themselves(congressman).

Geez.

top topics

join