It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has the Vampire Beast of North Carolina Returned?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by tport17

Originally posted by Expat888
interesting .. and curious why a ten year gap between 2003-2013 when there was a fifty year gap previously .. almost sounds like either more than one or someone / something altered its feeding schedule ..

s&f

IF this is a true case of some weird vampire cat-bear...

Is it possible the creature did come out to feed in that fifty year gap and people just didn't report it? Or maybe it was reported and ignored, or perhaps other animals got to the bodies before the owners did and the bodies were mutilated enough that they didn't seem to match the other cases?

I was thinking the same thing, that animals were attacked but it wasn't reported. Just like people see ufos but don't report the sightings for fear of ridicule.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
When reading this I immediately thought of Jeepers Creepers. I do not put much stock in vampires, but do believe this to be the work of people who may be in a costume. I think it is time for an old fashioned posse. Somebody send Matt Dillon a telegraph and let's saddle up the horses that are left and get after these miscreants.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Back in 1987-1989 and maybe before/beyond there was something similar happening in East TN near Cocke county. It was blamed on Satanist/UFO's or other things. Animals found mutilated with their blood drained. I don't remember if there was any marks, and the only reference I can find is a book with a newspaper clipping from the new sentinel.

My point being, I guess, is that big cats typically have a 150 mile range they call home. Its possible whatever it is has a large roaming area as well. A good deal of West NC and East Tn are in mountains, so reporting would not be very well documented, only when it wandered near civilization. Anyway, I went digging.

Dekalb Alabama from 1992-1994 had large cases of mutilations.

I would guess if possible to read or find every mutilation between 1993 and 2013, it might be possible to track the movement of the beast. Or the summoner, or whatever it could be.

To answer an earlier question, yes there is big cats in this part of the country, but they are not officially recognized. Plenty of trail cams have gotten pictures of them though.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I am a bit north of Bladenboro, but I can say with assurance that we have big cats around here. They stay deep in the swamps and are rarely seen, but they have been spotted. We have a black panther that has been spotted just a few miles from my house. I have seen him closer to town at the edge of a swamp. They could do the damage reported in these stories. (which may be embellished a bit)

As far as Satanic slayings, we usually only prey on virgins for that. Animals are too damn hard to catch.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
It's probably unrelated entirely, but the mentions in this thread of conjuring AND mutilations reminded me of this article.

mysteriousuniverse.org...

As with anything of this nature, take it with salt. But, scattered references to things like this are popping up. Neat.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
I am a bit north of Bladenboro, but I can say with assurance that we have big cats around here. They stay deep in the swamps and are rarely seen, but they have been spotted. We have a black panther that has been spotted just a few miles from my house. I have seen him closer to town at the edge of a swamp. They could do the damage reported in these stories. (which may be embellished a bit)

As far as Satanic slayings, we usually only prey on virgins for that. Animals are too damn hard to catch.

So how big do panthers get?

The thing with the cat theory is why would they just kill the animals and then leave them? The dogs I can see because maybe they killed in self defense but why the horses or other livestock? That part of the story doesn't make sense.

P.S. - The virgins thing was pretty funny.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ifeelsohigh

The one I saw was about the size of a medium dog. Like a hound. Not a monster, but probably 50-60 pounds. Knowing that the bobcats around here can be quite aggressive, I sure wouldn't want to corner one of the big cats. But they are fairly rare.

The wildlife folks introduced coyotes here a while back. That kind of back fired as they are now becoming an invasive species and they are hunted just to get rid of them. Not sure how the cats got here.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 05:12 AM
link   
A bear could crush a skull flat with one swipe.

Back in your history the prospectors and probably others for entertainment used to get wild animals to fight each other, I mean like putting bears against lions - believe it or not this is true - they brought in exotic animals so they could fight each other.

Anyway, while you might expect a lion to kill a bear, the bears won every time, just one swipe to the top of the lions head and it was dead, skull crushed, finito.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Hate to rain on the parade.....but it sounds like a panther to me...if anyone here has ever heard a panther scream, it sounds just like a woman's scream. Then when you add in the vampire like bite marks ( extreme K-9s) and the fact witnesses said it has the head of a cat. To anyone from the sticks (mississippi
here ) It sounds exactly like a panter...maybe a damn big one, but still a panther

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   

We might only find the bodies that the panther was interrupted while eating. panthers are pretty easy to scare off if there's people around. We ouldn't find the drained bodies if people weren't around

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Could it be a fallen angel?

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by artemisminion

Hate to rain on the parade.....but it sounds like a panther to me...if anyone here has ever heard a panther scream, it sounds just like a woman's scream. Then when you add in the vampire like bite marks ( extreme K-9s) and the fact witnesses said it has the head of a cat. To anyone from the sticks (mississippi
here ) It sounds exactly like a panter...maybe a damn big one, but still a panther

Sorry to ruin ur black panther party (cue forrest gump reference) but there is no such thing as a black panther. Thats a generic term for melanistic black on black coloring of a jaguar. I learned it a few years ago at our local Big Cat Haven up the road here.

Most jaguars have tawny-colored fur with black rosettes, but some have black-on-black, or melanistic, coloration. Usually jaguars that are found in darker rain forest areas are black. So, are they black panthers? No, there is no such animal! “Panther” is just an old general term that comes from the Panthera animal group name and is sometimes used to describe leopards, jaguars, and mountain lions (cougars, pumas)

Source

Not to go off topic OP. Back to the discussion about crazy bloodsucking vampire catbears!! Weird topic in and of itself. Can be tied to the chupacabra. Same kind of description of attacks. 2 holes, no blood. Im thinking if it was a big cat, the soft underbelly would have been eaten since its the most nutritious and easiest to eat and run.

Silver

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Just saying, what if this demonic monster can only be called out through some sort of ritual or chant?

It was first discovered/created/read in 53. Then in 03, then in 13?

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

and that when it opened its mouth to growl it made the sound of a woman screaming.

That sounds like a panther. (Aka cougar, aka mountain lion.) If you've ever heard one, it will haunt you for the rest of your life, sounds just like a woman screaming. Puncture wounds sounds like possibly a big cat also.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   
The werewolf legends started in 18th century France when a creature strongly resembling an African hyena was running wild in southern France, decapitating people (hyenas have this ability, a rare one). It, too was seen only periodically.

This kind of reminds me of that. I think the people pointing to cryptid felines are probably on the money. The behavior is kind of sick and twisted, exactly what we've come to expect from cats.
edit on 5-7-2013 by Autograf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigBrotherDarkness
There's a wiki article on it; en.wikipedia.org... I'm from NC and haven't ever heard of this story until today... there's supposed to be a similar story line beast in SC; but it's described as being a lizard man vampire or something like that.

The Lizard Man of the SC Lowcountry isn't vampiric in nature.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Interesting stuff! I actually watched the Monster Quest episode on this one, and it's pretty clear something unusual was happening. Now, that said, this could be a big cat, and I don't necessarily mean a cougar. yes, they can, and do, kill dogs, and could take down a horse, too, but there are other big cats sighted in the country. I suspect these are jaguars. Those have a very strong bite, too.

Out in the middle of the country where we are, my younger son said once that he saw a big spotted cat up a tree. This is in town, though it's not a big town (around 50K), and you don't have to drive far to be out of town. Plenty of wildlife known here, too, and I have seen deer (and these are big deer) maybe half a mile from the house. Bobcats, possums, coons, rabbits, squirrels, and more live here. Cougars, too, I believe. My son is familiar with bobcats, though, since we can see them at the zoo, very close, and stated this was NOT a bobcat, but was much larger. Looking at pics, he said the spots looked more like those on jaguars than on leopards. Creepy stuff! I might wrote it off, but there was a night my older son (teen then) and i were out walking the two large dogs we had then. Usually, they didn't worry about anything. The ONLY time the older one was ever skittish was once, when we were in Florida, that a gator was in a storm drain during mating season. The bobcats around here run from the smaller dogs we have now, too. Anyway, this night, we were out walking the dogs, rather slowly, as the older one had hip issues. The dogs started acting really nervous, and both my son and I had this overwhelming feeling of being stalked. As in hunted. I am pretty good at knowing when larger animals are around, and have a better sense of cats. I can always tell when one is going to cross the road, for example. This feeling felt like cat, but not a house cat! Not a bobcat, either. This was a big threat, whatever it was. You could feel the eyes watching. We stayed close together, and alert, and made out way home quickly. Actually sat on the porch awhile, looking around, and still felt observed. I have no doubt some sort of larger cat was there, at least a cougar. Maybe something else. I saw a cougar in HS, and it didn't scare me like this did.

Cougars are seen a LOT of places the officials won't admit they live. So are other cats, frequently black, sometimes not. Jaguars could easily live in the U.S., and would fit the descriptions to a T. I don't know of they would bite necks like that and leave the body, but maybe. Maybe it's more a kill of something they see as a threat than for food? I would just about bet money the Fish and Game people there know something.

<< 1   >>

join