It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has the Vampire Beast of North Carolina Returned?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Hi all,

People in N. Carolina should be on the lookout for a monster.

In 1953 the Bladenboro Newspaper covered a story about a strange creature that had blamed for the deaths of numerous dogs, draining them of their blood. Local eyewitnesses who spotted the beast claimed it possessed the body of a bear, the head of a cat, and that when it opened its mouth to growl it made the sound of a woman screaming.

The local residents actually tried to hunt the creature but were unsuccessful. Eventually the killings stopped, fast forward 50 years...

The bizarre animal exsanguination began again in 2003, only this time it seemed the creature had broadened his horizons and was now killing in a 150-miles radius beyond Bladenboro. During its second blood-run, the Vampire Beast of North Carolina was managing to slay even the bulkiest of Pit Bulls with ease and many Bladenboro residents claimed to have found strange tracks around their dead pets that even wildlife biologists couldn’t explain.

Once again the attacks stopped as suddenly as they began. Now after only ten years it has begun...

According to a report by paranormal investigator Thomas Byers, on June 15th 2013, Bladenboro, NC resident Misty Turner and her son Tyler contacted local police after something visited their farm in the dead of night, killing three of their horses and a large Bull Mastiff dog.

Arriving police and veterinarians were shocked to discover that the horses had died from very deep puncture wounds to the neck. Even more shocking was that it seemed that the purpose of the marks was to allow the blood to be drained from the animals.

The following evening, much to the Turner’s display, their dog was also killed in the exact same fashion, with two puncture marks to the neck, found with its blood drained. Misty claims to have seen the thing that had killed her animals as it was running from the lifeless body of her pet. Her description of the creature matched the same eyewitness reports of the Vampire Beast reported in 1953.

What do you guys think about this? The thing that stood out to me is that it happened in 1953, 2003, and 2013. Not sure if it's significant but could it be some cult or a satanic thing? Here's the link....whofortedblog.com... /
edit on 3-7-2013 by ifeelsohigh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   
interesting .. and curious why a ten year gap between 2003-2013 when there was a fifty year gap previously .. almost sounds like either more than one or someone / something altered its feeding schedule ..

s&f

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   
If the descriptions of it are accurate, it sounds like a vampiric big cat that we have not discovered yet or something.. Anyone knows if big cats live around that area? I don't live there in America lol.. Genuinely interested in this story btw

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

It seems weird, I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the years ending in "3". It Just seems a little too coincidental.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Zack241

Not positive, I'm in Arizona, (other side of the country), I'm pretty sure there are jaguars and mountain lions.
edit on 3-7-2013 by ifeelsohigh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
It comes out and engorges itself then goes back into hybernation! It's manbearpig! i'm super serious!
All kidding aside
this is very interesting OP thanks for sharing. I hope we get a glimpse of whatever it is. It's cool that there is still much wonder on our little planet. S&F

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   
There's a wiki article on it; en.wikipedia.org... I'm from NC and haven't ever heard of this story until today... there's supposed to be a similar story line beast in SC; but it's described as being a lizard man vampire or something like that.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I checked out the homepage of the source site that was linked. Just below the vampire beast story is an article about a man who killed an attacking demon... who happened to be his mother. Interesting site name, by the way -- WhoForted.com

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
interesting .. and curious why a ten year gap between 2003-2013 when there was a fifty year gap previously .. almost sounds like either more than one or someone / something altered its feeding schedule ..

s&f

I thought about the same thing.. My guess is (if the whole story is true of course
), that this could be a newborn .. Maybe 50 years was the incubation period ? That would be a pretty long incubation/pregnancy period thou, so I don't know ...

Another idea is that it could have been hibernating for so long. Bears tend to hibernate for many months, so I guess there could be an animal that hibernates for 50 years. Or maybe a bit shorter but they did not find the other victims of the creature. ?

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888

s&f

IF this is a true case of some weird vampire cat-bear...

Is it possible the creature did come out to feed in that fifty year gap and people just didn't report it? Or maybe it was reported and ignored, or perhaps other animals got to the bodies before the owners did and the bodies were mutilated enough that they didn't seem to match the other cases?

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ifeelsohigh

Interesting stuff. The witchhunt must begin again to catch and slay the demon.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Sounds an awful lot like cattle mutilation
Except for the reports of seeing a creature of course.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I was just reading the wiki page and it says Monster Quest did an episode about this when the killings started again in 2007.

Some unknown creature called the Beast of Bladenboro has been on a killing spree in North Carolina. Over a six month period beginning in September of 2007, more than 50 pets and livestock animals have been killed in a similar manner along a 200 mile path from Bolivia, NC to Greensboro, NC. Witnesses describe a dark brown beast that is 4 ½ feet long with a face like a cat, claws like a dog, and the teeth like a vampire.

Monster Quest

So, I guess that means it doesn't only happen in years ending in 3.

After reading the wiki, I would say it probably is some kind of cougar.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by tport17

I wouldn't think a cougar would just drain blood like that and leave its kill. Big cats haul off their kill.

Unless it is deranged somehow and is killing in self defense.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
This is an ideal habitat for a solitary animal. Lots of forest and plenty of wildlife. I've seen both bear and bobcat in the area around Bladenboro.

Found this as well, which references recent sightings that are literally right in my back yard. Never seen anything myself though.

www.carolinaweeklynews.com...
edit on 7/3/2013 by Tunatarian because: By recent sightings I mean a large cat, not the "beast" referenced in the op.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Maybe there is a tainted water source there somewhere and some big cats are getting sick.

That could explain why a cat would attack animals and leave them alone.
Other than that, it would be something bizarre.

Biting in the neck is exactly how bobcats, cougars, tigers, lions, wolves, coyotes, etc.would take down their prey.
edit on 3-7-2013 by JayinAR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
reply to post by tport17

I wouldn't think a cougar would just drain blood like that and leave its kill. Big cats haul off their kill.

Unless it is deranged somehow and is killing in self defense.

Well, the wiki mentioned something about a dog being a possibility, and that it didn't drain the animal it just lapped up all the blood. I thought this could be a possibility with a cougar as well especially since there were claims of seeing a mama and babies. Mama killed and babies lapped up the blood.

If you read all the reported sightings on the wiki link posted up above, most of them were cat sightings. All kinds of sightings from cougars to black panthers to leopards. Possibly the same cat or family of cats but people sometimes get the kind mixed up. In fact, there was something about a black panther sighting turning out to be a big house cat.

I personally don't know much about big cats, coyotes, or wild dogs (all suggested suspects), but I just think it makes a little more sense. The op link seems a little more sensationalized towards a vampire animal than the actual reports.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Cool story. I am not sure how I could believe a 90-120 pound cat could do what the reports said were done though...literally smashing skulls flat. Is that possible for a cat that size to do? I thought they typically either went for the neck to kill or eviscerated their prey, not crushing their skulls and drinking the blood. It seems most of these animals were just killed for sport of some sort.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

An old family friend used to own a full grown cougar.
Scary animal and I spent a lot of time around her as a youth.

If the cat wanted to crush a skull it could.
Those things are CRAZY strong.

It used to throw around a 16 lb bowling ball like a tennis ball. Seriously. It could throw that thing 50' or better to the other end of her enclosure. 30-40 miles per hour.
Insane.

Crushing a skull wouldn't surprise me a bit.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ifeelsohigh

With the dates that are involved, I'm thinking this may be a conjuring of some kind. Summer equinox ?
It may be the knowledge of a certain demon got handed down. that would explain the long periods between.
Recently, the recipient of this knowledge has for some reason decided to employ and deploy.
edit on 3-7-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join