It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt's military vows to "sacrifice our blood" to defend the country

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Egypt's military vows to "sacrifice our blood" to defend the country

edition.cnn.com

Cairo (CNN) -- Egypt's military leaders declared Wednesday the army "will sacrifice our blood" to defend the country just hours after President Mohamed Morsy refused to bow to their ultimatum that he find a solution to the deadly unrest sweeping the country or be pushed aside.

The statement posted on the official Facebook page of the Supreme Council of the Armed Forces came as the clock ticked on the military's plan to suspend Egypt's constitution, dissolve the Islamist-led parliament and sideline the president, if Morsy does not find a way to end the unrest, military sources told Arab
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:

www.bbc.co.uk...
rt.com...
rt.com...
edit on 2-7-2013 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I said I had a bad feeling about this, the military it would seem are in no mood for having their bluff called.

I also noticed that CNN reported that 3.3 million Egyptians had taken to the street, a new record apparently. I'm sure I also heard on the BBC that Pro-Morsy demos were taking place.

Either way, it does not look for a peaceful solution to this.

The military has given Morsy until 4 p.m. local time (10 a.m. ET ) to come up with a power-sharing agreement or face a military solution, the sources said.

edition.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 2-7-2013 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
It's a shame that the US military won't stand up for the people they have sworn to protect in this manner. We could use the help since we're under a coup.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by supremecommander

Its probably best the U.S keep to themselves.
Look how well they helped Iraq and Afghanistan.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
it's actually closer to 30 million but that number includes the pro-morsi guys, too.
this is baaaad. bad bad bad. did i mention bad? this is bad and by bad, i don't mean good or cool,.
edit on 2-7-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowLink

add a few more countries..

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
They really value their new found voices. A Country oppressed and set free wont allow it to happen again. They don't want their government not acting on their behalf or becoming more powerful than the masses, because they know all too well what it's like to live like that. It's sad we are not aware of what that looks like but I fear our children might some day. Others seem to see it in the UK and other countries but in the US its like the frog being slowly boiled and isn't even aware it's dying.

Sorry - off on soap box in there. Their president did agree to listen to their concerns so he must have really done something to remind these people of where they just came from. It's my understanding he sent in some of his brotherhood partners to rape but I'm not sure that's firm enough to substantiate yet.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

This is good, this is true democracy at work.,until the bullets start flying that is..
edit on 2-7-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by all2human
reply to post by undo

This is good, this is true democracy at work.,until the bullets start flying that is..

yeah they already started flying. 200 injured and 6 dead at cairo university. it's amazing it hasn't been any worse than that so far, but that's probably because the protestors are not armed.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum

I said I had a bad feeling about this, the military it would seem are in no mood for having their bluff called.

I also noticed that CNN reported that 3.3 million Egyptians had taken to the street, a new record apparently. I'm sure I also heard on the BBC that Pro-Morsy demos were taking place.

Either way, it does not look for a peaceful solution to this.

I am just glad we can still say as a legal truth that the civilian powers here still run the military.

This is big talk and a death threat made by the military. It certainly wont be their blood. And big talk from the guys that own all the tanks and machine guns.

edit on 2-7-2013 by Logarock because: n

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

O NO ,then I totally agree, this is bad, but one can also percieve it as a necessary process of democracy to restore the will of the people.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by all2human

I don't think that's what they have in mind.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by supremecommander
It's a shame that the US military won't stand up for the people they have sworn to protect in this manner. We could use the help since we're under a coup.

The US MILITARY does not make domestic policy, or enforce domestic laws.

Why would the US MILITARY depose the democratically elected .gov? It is not their place to do so, unless at the absolute need.

These things are not done on a whim, they only take place when there is no other choice at all.

The American People, keep electing these losers, the power to change things is in the hands of We The People. The US MILITARY is following the letter and spirit of the laws and limitations put forth upon them, by the Constitution they swore and oath to protect.

One day they may actually have to decide to serve the People, or the .gov, but that moment is not here yet, not really far off either, but still....not here yet.

There is still time, we as truth seekers just need to wake more up faster. Before the "troops" have no choice, as Military control, is not gonna be very pleasant for 90% of the civy populous, all us vets can hang, we already been there done that, all the civies though....well military control is not very flexible, and tends to be quite authoritarian in nature, I dont think the civies want that, not at all!!!

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

They make you eat strange food that tastes terrible and have zero percentile excuse allowance,most would hate it.
The clothing is comfortable however.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by all2human
reply to post by undo

O NO ,then I totally agree, this is bad, but one can also percieve it as a necessary process of democracy to restore the will of the people.

Agreed, liberty is not given, it is taken, and planted, and fertilized, with the blood of patriots...and tyrants.

I would agree with the poster below you also though, I am not convinced that this is the intent of the military leaders.

I think they are thinking along the lines of Castro and Cuba, not American style military "power to the people" ideals.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7
reply to post by inverslyproportional

They make you eat strange food that tastes terrible and have zero percentile excuse allowance,most would hate it.
The clothing is comfortable however.

After the 5th year i grew accustomed to the "chipped beef gravy and eggs" meaning hamburger gravy, way too salty, and powdered eggs...ok on second thought, ya I dont really miss it at all.

Though the clothing is very comfortable, I still wear my old BDUs and PT clothing on the regular, form fitting yet loose and light, allowing easy range of motion, and quite durable.

Although if the civies had a regular 6 day a week PT schedule, bloomberg wouldnt have to have a soft drink size limit....so there is that to consider.
edit on 3-7-2013 by inverslyproportional because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

Democracy almost never starts peacefully,
as it takes uprisings to get it going full swing.
To many people have power hungry grips on power and don't want to let it go.

Usually it takes a lot of blood in order to get freedom, as much as that sucks, it is how it seems to work, at least to me.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
My ex wife and her new fella have just gone there for 3 weeks on holiday

Hope nothing happens and the guy decides to sort out a power share to keep everyone happy....but I too have a bad feeling about this.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
there is a fear that removal of Morsi leads to prior dictatorship or a new dictatorship. Morsi has extra three years.
I do not admire Morsi but this is a conspiracy, illegal and illogical.
how bad that USA betrays his friends soon after they have expired !
first Mubarak, now Morsi, who is next !?
edit on 3-7-2013 by maes2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Sky news are saying "coup underway" and mention that the army is gaurding high level members of the muslim brotherhood,in a kind of house arrest type scenario.
Travel ban on Morsi and all his buddies they also say.
Its on.

top topics

join