Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Mikoyan Project 1.44 captured on Bing Maps?

page: 1

join

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Article and picture at Foreign Policy Magazine.

The 1.44 (wiki article) has pretty much disappeared from public view after 1999, and I'd guess it probably isn't flyable due to that age - maybe the Russians are dragging it out to make room for something new??

Or maybe they have gotten it back to flying condition??

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
The link you provided had a pop up section that did not give me the ability to view the page. While I did get the window to load temporally for 3 seconds I did see the picture of the aircraft for 3 seconds. It looked futuristic and pretty cool .

Anyway, just letting you know that this popup thing is blocking on the link.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ManOfHart

odd - it works fine for me from the link here - sorry - not sure I can do anything about it

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
The site you linked to begs for a login, and refuses to allow people to see the article unimpeded without doing so. You can sort of jimmy around the view and look through the semitransparent filter to see the pics, though.

It's a very low chance that they are getting the 1.44 prototype up and running now that PAK-FA is so far advanced into its program. What is very likely is that they are getting it prepped up to go to a museum site something like they have at the Moscow Aviation Institute. They keep a pretty extensive collection of things on hand for education purposes, so I could see them including this in the collection as a first foray into stealth design.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
The link took me right to the article on Google Chrome on my android tablet. No login no pop-ups. Nice find s & f

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkpr0
The site you linked to begs for a login, and refuses to allow people to see the article unimpeded without doing so. You can sort of jimmy around the view and look through the semitransparent filter to see the pics, though.

not for me - I've never been there before & it didn't require anything at all

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

I didn't have any problem with your link either.

Nice find, whoever spotted it. It does look like a match

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Couldn't view your link without the pop-up. But I did manage to click the link to the bigger map before the pop-up could open.

Link to the aircraft on Bing maps: goo.gl...

Had to edit this post and make the URL shorter or else ATS messed up the URL.
edit on 3-7-2013 by Auricom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I think the Russians didn't want the fighter. They had more fighters to build than the MIG 1.44 project. But they just continued the Mig and Flanker series.

But abandoned the Mig 1.44 project

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Gotta love them black aircraft! Move the image up and to the right and check out that beauty. Sitting all by it's lonesome.

.........and there's a space shuttle sitting on the tarmac also..........move the image around and you'll find it.
edit on 4-7-2013 by thestillborn1 because: (no reason given)
edit on 4-7-2013 by thestillborn1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by thestillborn1

there are more goodies to find:
55.570845, 38.146583 the black one.

This looks almost like a museum or graveyard, look how close they stand together, I understand you can tetris them somehow together that close but why???

Topic: Same for me with the article. Wikipedia brings this image about the 1.44 or Mig144:

Looking at the bing map remembers me looking down at the metal mini model planes my son had. I can recognize many of them even the blue one
edit on 6-7-2013 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   
quite a few planes and jets and other on that site...
amazing the different types all in one location.

i was just looking around, and was baffled,
what the heck is this building? just north of
the runway.
55.597613, 38.102205
its very unusual with all the domes on it, almost looks like a
giant lego set. cant say i have ever seen anything like this
before. kind of curious as to what it is.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by verschickter
reply to post by thestillborn1

there are more goodies to find:
55.570845, 38.146583 the black one.

SU-47 Berkut, forward swept wing fighter.
The only one made, apparently.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Hi just wanted to comment, what an awesome find on the google earth link. There are so many planes of different sorts at that air field, I got a bit hot and sweaty looking at all of those. Thanks for the link people

Oh and I tried viewing the OP original link regarding the aircraft and I get the pop up too

top topics

join