It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS is down and out, where to go now??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Sorry for the sensationalistic title, and I really did not know what forum was appropriate for this post so in GC it went...

My question is, in light of all the recent talk of DDoS attacks and Government tomfoolery, where will we all go to re-gather in the (hopefully) unlikely event ATS is down for good? I know, I know, it's easy to say 'that will never happen', but just for extreme precaution, is there a contingency plan in effect I do not know about? A back up site we all can agree to re-populate in the event of our home here going *Poof...?

Or do we all just migrate to GLP. (please, no...)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
No worries "They" won't take ATS down. It is too good a source of intelligence. One must wonder what "list" we are on.......... Luckily I knew about the level of surveillance way before it broke in the news and have refused to incriminate myself here.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomeBrew
Sorry for the sensationalistic title, and I really did not know what forum was appropriate for this post so in GC it went...

My question is, in light of all the recent talk of DDoS attacks and Government tomfoolery, where will we all go to re-gather in the (hopefully) unlikely event ATS is down for good? I know, I know, it's easy to say 'that will never happen', but just for extreme precaution, is there a contingency plan in effect I do not know about? A back up site we all can agree to re-populate in the event of our home here going *Poof...?

Or do we all just migrate to GLP. (please, no...)

There are places ,here and there where friends gather.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

No worries "They" won't take ATS down. It is too good a source of intelligence. One must wonder what "list" we are on.......... Luckily I knew about the level of surveillance way before it broke in the news and have refused to incriminate myself here.

Your mere presence here is incriminating enough I’m afraid.

Didn’t you get the memo? He/she who gets on the most lists wins!

edit on 2-7-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Hey! we could all go to facebook!

Or it will eventually go back to BBS.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by HomeBrew

IMO TPTB wouldn’t close ATS or similar sites because they are awesome venues to push their misinformation. What better place to leak and spread misinformation and reach exactly the type of people they fear; a community of people seeking truth and answers. The MSM is what they use for everyone else.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

IMO TPTB wouldn’t close ATS or similar sites because they are awesome venues to push their misinformation. What better place to leak and spread misinformation and reach exactly the type of people they fear; a community of people seeking truth and answers. The MSM is what they use for everyone else.

Yeah, you are probably right.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Face to face is the way to go. Always has been. With the NSA efforts on electronic media to both monitor and skew opinion, you might be surprised to find that all of those polls that say things are peachy are actually BS.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
If something happens to ATS, I guess I will quit these social sites altogether. They take away a little too much time from my studying and work around the house anyway. I doubt if ATS will be closed anytime soon though, it hasn't been shut down permanently yet. Life will go on if the internet is shut down for some reason.

There are always the taverns to go to.
edit on 2-7-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   

I think you are taking this place a little to seriously. Who is going to shut down ATS over other websites? and why? Why do you feel that this place is such a threat, to whoever, that it would be a special concern?

OP or anyone, please give me a reasonable/rational and logical answer.
I will apprieciate any reasonable answer..

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
If something happens to ATS, I guess I will quit these social sites altogether. They take away a little too much time from my studying and work around the house anyway. I doubt if ATS will be closed anytime soon though, it hasn't been shut down permanently yet. Life will go on if the internet is shut down for some reason.

Nope not for me. They shut down ATS I'm done. I'll spend the remainder of
my days sitting on my window sill, staring out at the world. Sobbing bitterly, but only
on rainy days. Midnight wanders thru the house, keyboard in hand at my side.
Cord dragging. An empty shell of one, once so devious.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by grubblesnert

I think you are taking this place a little to seriously. Who is going to shut down ATS over other websites? and why? Why do you feel that this place is such a threat, to whoever, that it would be a special concern?

OP or anyone, please give me a reasonable/rational and logical answer.
I will apprieciate any reasonable answer..

Perhaps my post/question came off bit too 'foil hat' worthy. It was partly posted in jest with regards to some other recent threads, but conversely I was just wondering if ATS members had a back up plan in the unlikely event. But to more directly answer your question, I really have no idea. I do not consider this place a threat at all, nor a special concern.
edit on 2-7-2013 by HomeBrew because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
If something goes down here at ATS I think we should seek a link from the owners of the site. They I am sure know exactly where we should all turn to. Where do we turn to ?

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse

If they shut the internet down then everyone had to live in the real world again, why it'd be like 1986 all over again.

We'd have square wheels, chickens would roost at 6am and not 2am, a can of fizzy pop would cost 45 cents.

Crikey, 56k dialup to get back on the boards. I like this story. Keeps all the nit wits off my modulator demodulators.

Ahhaha Noo I can imagine hoards of roving children unable to do anything without their fruit product. Wandering aimlessly down the streets like zombies. Picking up strange contraptions, wondering what they do.. It's round? I hear tell them say once about them Ball things. Could it be?

A bike? How can I ride this thing, it has no controller.

Frisbee? But *What* am I throwing it at? There are no pigs anywhere.

No no no, it's actually a bad bad bad idea. Too many strange people will be set loose on the streets. God damn it, the internet is the only thing keeping them in doors!!!!!

Oo

edit on 2-7-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
It would go the same way it went before there was Internet. Small magazine circulations, conferences, club meetings and possibly even letters and photographs. I actually miss the small enthusiast publications with homemade stories instead of the mass promoted conspiracies, they give the authors more time to give higher quality campfire stories. I'd probably transition to writing fiction to quell the craving to write out of the ordinary things. But if the political climate ever got so bad where the forums were closing down due to government controls, I'd probably want to drop the computer and leave the country, or at least find a serious protest somewhere and participate in rearranging the deranged government, probably meeting up with other ATSers on the way.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   

My question is, in light of all the recent talk of DDoS attacks and Government tomfoolery, where will we all go to re-gather in the (hopefully) unlikely event ATS is down for good?

To Washington, or wherever your government festers. The shutdown of this site, or the entire internet would be THEE sign that our leaders have totally and completely lost it. To tell us that we can't read this stuff and communicate to one another about it, that would be the last straw for me.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I don't see us going anywhere anytime soon. The admins and owners are a pretty capable bunch. If they weren't, they wouldn't have so many of us working for them, for free!

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
It's at SkepticOverlord's house.

He's providing the beer and schnitzel.

But shhhh, don't let the morons over at GLP hear about our sooper seekrit contingency plan.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
This what you do,run to the hills............

new topics

top topics

join