It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats are trying to suppress the confusion and hide the cost of ObamaCare

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Redarguo

you used the mandatory numbers, not the total that includes mandatory and discretionary.

ETA:
17% goes to defense
18% goes to social security
Almost all the rest goes to social welfare programs with medicare/medicaid getting the bulk of it.

And it is bankrupting our country. Even if defense was reduced to $0 we would be going bankrupt due to social spending.
edit on 4-7-2013 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

you used the mandatory numbers, not the total that includes mandatory and discretionary.
: (no reason given)

I never realized this, fair enough.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Military spending is a red herring. It has no place in discussions about healthcare/social spendings, and is not the vast blackhole sucking all our money that many would have you believe. Remove military spending 100% and we still can not fund healthcare spending without going bankrupt, that should tell you something.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Military spending is a red herring. It has no place in discussions about healthcare/social spendings, and is not the vast blackhole sucking all our money that many would have you believe. Remove military spending 100% and we still can not fund healthcare spending without going bankrupt, that should tell you something.

Again good point. So where does this leave the US? Why do insurance companies need to be involved any way, ie why are doctors not directly employed/ hospitals built/owned by the state?

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Redarguo

Again good point. So where does this leave the US? Why do insurance companies need to be involved any way, ie why are doctors not directly employed/ hospitals built/owned by the state?

Honestly it leaves us screwed. Obama made deals with insurance and pharmaceutical companies to insure them record profits at the expense of the American people.

the White House and the pharmaceutical lobby secretly agreed to precisely the sort of wide-ranging deal that both parties have been denying over the past week

www.huffingtonpost.com...

This was never about anything other than Democrats fleecing the little guy to line the pockets of big business in exchange for creating a legacy for Obama. You bring up a good point. Why do we need insurance companies? We don't. They simply tack on 30% to the cost of healthcare. Making hospitals public isn't the answer though. The solution is this .....

Private health industry, public (single payer) insurance system.
Access to healthcare is denied if you are not in the system. This means illegal immigrants will not be able to use the healthcare system, including emergency care, and run up the cost of healthcare. Legal immigrants and work immigrants, and those on vacation will have access.
Those using the ER as a PCP will be fined.

That is a start. Healthcare costs will drop 50% over 10 years.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by riiver

Many states will not be expanding Medicaid, once the Supreme court stop Obamacrap from forcing penalties on States that will not, the problem with expanding Medicaid is that states with higher poverty like my state will have to raise taxes already on a tax to the max population in order to expand more services.

I am sure that the states like mine will have other alternatives in order to provide affordable care for those that are in need, unless the state is run by nothing but for profit private sector as usual.

Then you have the elderly that are also losers under Obamacrap with the 500 million dollar cut to Medicare.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   

This was never about anything other than Democrats fleecing the little guy to line the pockets of big business in exchange for creating a legacy for Obama.

Yes its just another big time form of regressive taxation. Over tax, overburden the little guy, put his job a risk ect. Even the dems know that screwing the little guy is where the $ is.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Having followed and actually read through the entire Obamacare bill, the following can be stated:

The height of Obama's legacy is the bad Obamacare law that was passed, that many said it was a terrible idea. In fact the biggest proponet of such, Nancy Pelosi, stated: We have to pass it inorder to find out what is in it.

Well they passed it, and we got it, but not what we wanted, nor needed. It did not help, but made things worse, and the sad part is that the Federal government has been playing fast and lose with this bill, including handing out vouchers to ignore the requirements, yet forcing the rest to stand and deal with it.

Well now some of the horrible truth is coming out. In order for this to work, they would have needed everyone to get onto the plan and that way it would have lowered health care costs and the cost of insurance, however, what they failed to realize is that it was going to be the exact opposite. And why is that, is cause they did not remove the one set of blocks that would have forced health care costs to lower, rather they kept the blocks in place where the insurance companies still have a monopolistic grip on business around the country in the different states. With no real competition, what incentives do the health insurances have to lower the costs, they do not. And by keeping it that way, they not only get to raise costs, but also get money from the federal government to pay to cover more people who can not meet the costs.

So as the droves of people did not rush to get health insurance, most seeing it is a bad law, those who supported this, are starting to see the rise of health care costs across the country, and people are scratching their heads, wondering what exactly did they just support. So in an effort to try to sway the electorate, they are doing everything in their power to try to hide these facts from the general populace, by appearing to give everyone a second chance, and keep a majority.

But the sad truth is this addage: The well is running dry, there are no more vacations they can give out, no more tricks up the sleeve and what is left is the truth of the matter, and when it comes out, it is going to shock and make people really irate, so if they think this is going to help.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   

As I mentioned in another thread, it's time I start looking for under the table jobs, with no reporting my wages, and take up bartering as well. My ancestors did this and so will I. I'm done.
reply to post by Taissa

I have been doing this for many years. Self employed artisan. I set aside money each month for any trauma care I may need, the only care that western medicine offers that's done well.

Get a copy of "Food Matters"", and educate yourself on prevention and self healing. There are also many doctors that have and will continue to offer services for cash payments.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join