It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats are trying to suppress the confusion and hide the cost of ObamaCare

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by Redarguo

Medicare would be Federal. The article says nothing about why the person wasn't on State coverage.

Besides that, since when has it been a guarantee for people to have health insurance? A century ago no person was afforded such a luxury. That is Marxism. I'm not for any program that forces one person to pay for the welfare of another person. People should be free to distribute the fruits of their labor to anyone they themselves choose without a government order.

So some poor people are in fact with out access to health care in America. That's what I said, you claimed this to be false. People in most developed countries do not need health insurance, they are not charged for health care at all. That's my point. even in Europe's poorest countries this is the case. If that's Marxism then it doesn't sound too bad.
edit on 3-7-2013 by Redarguo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

It could be something else too, remember the mandate the government socialized part of the bill "you know the part to give free care to the less fortunate than the hard working tax payers", will have to pay into the Obamapot in order for the healthcare to be subsidized to the "less fortunate" without at least enough money from the healthier and more easier to gouge by the insurance companies groups the insurance will not be able to pay for the cost.

I remember that they wanted more than just the "mandate" they wanted another bill to expand the fines and penalties against the particular group that they wanted to exploit first", because healthier younger people will rather pay the fine than be forced into servitude to the insurance companies pimps. I will not be surprised if the crocks whores in congress in order to suck up to their pimps will pass that bill that is still very much in the table.

Obamacrap is like a entitlement program you take from the able and healthy this time to pay for those that can not, but is a problem in this time in America we have more than can not than those than can and millions more to join the freeloaders groups with their extended families, is more than live at the back of those than work and pay taxes than those that are truly in need and disable.

edit on 3-7-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Meh..........

Just another TAX forced on the taxpayers.

Just remember who voted for this idiot.

I say let them pay for it all..................

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
With the 2014 elections creeping up, it appears that Democrats are scurrying for position.

Naturally, they will attempt to convince you that the ObamaCare plan is best for you
(but not them, they have a different system I think).

"Open Enrollment" starts October 1st.

Get ready for heartbreak.

If you are poor enough, you can probably get away 'cheap' (more power to ya).

If you can't afford to be poor however, you will pay through the nose.

I was told by a hospital administrator that I'd have to make below 10k a year to qualify for expanded medicaid.
When the reform kicked in, my job knocked me to part time, I lost my insurance, and now I'm really struggling, but I won't qualify for medicaid. I'm forced to find a way to pay anyway. As I mentioned in another thread, it's time I start looking for under the table jobs, with no reporting my wages, and take up bartering as well. My ancestors did this and so will I. I'm done.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Poor people already had healthcare. It'll illegal to refuse healthcare to people because they are poor. This was about redistribution of wealth and Marxism.

Oh sure the poor has healthcare. This is proven by all the people that die because they can't afford healthcare.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Taissa

I hope things get better for you. With long term illness, basic health care should be the least of your worries. This is the thing that gets me, your situation could happen to any one who currently can afford health costs. I'm sure their views would quickly change if it did.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by marg6043

Meh..........

Just another TAX forced on the taxpayers.

Just remember who voted for this idiot.

I say let them pay for it all..................

They are already paying for it that is why they wanted it. Healthcare is a better use of our taxes than paying to invade and rebuild countries that never attacked us.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

They are already paying for it that is why they wanted it. Healthcare is a better use of our taxes than paying to invade and rebuild countries that never attacked us.

Actually both are bad for MY pocketbook.

Second, what does rebuilding Countries that never attack us have to do with Obamacare?

That has to do with Obama and continued failed polices, something for another thread.............

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Taissa

That is what the small businesses around my neck of woods are doing, keeping their minimum wage employees, (mostly younger crowd) in part time status.

If you business do not have 50 employees you don't have to offer health insurance and will not be penalized.

Also, because congress stricken down the part of penalizing the states that will not follow the Medicaid expansion of the bill, (something that Obama have been avoiding to talk about) many still will no qualify for the health care anyway under the state sponsored and subsidized Medicaid, many states that have high poverty populations will have to raise taxes into the working class in order to expand Medicaid, their laws will stay the same, as a matter of fact here in my neck of the wood Medicaid has been cut.

The whole entire Obamacrap care scam and something that many are obfuscated about it, is that is was never to help the very poor, as many states will no expand Medicaid if they have to raise taxes, is about a payback to the insurance companies, America is and still will be the land of capitalism where everything is for the taking in order to make profits

So I wish that some of those that still think that Obamacrap is to help the poor will wake up and see the reality of the scam that will be played on the working class as usual.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Redarguo
reply to post by Taissa

I hope things get better for you. With long term illness, basic health care should be the least of your worries. This is the thing that gets me your situation could happen to any one who currently can afford health costs. Im sure their views would quickly change if it did.

Thank you. I know that there are many out there in my same situation, and many are just about to get a rude awakening who thought this whole thing would be 'free' for them. This administration has re-defined what poor is, I guess.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Medicare would be Federal. The article says nothing about why the person wasn't on State coverage.

Besides that, since when has it been a guarantee for people to have health insurance? A century ago no person was afforded such a luxury. That is Marxism. I'm not for any program that forces one person to pay for the welfare of another person. People should be free to distribute the fruits of their labor to anyone they themselves choose without a government order.

A century ago people didn't go bankrupt paying medical bills.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Actually both are bad for MY pocketbook.

Second, what does rebuilding Countries that never attack us have to do with Obamacare?

That has to do with Obama and continued failed polices, something for another thread.............

You were the one crying about taxes remember?

Meh.......... Just another TAX forced on the taxpayers. Just remember who voted for this idiot. I say let them pay for it all..................

I just said our taxes would be better spend on healthcare than war. That shouldn't have been hard to understand.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

That is why I was dumbfounded when Obama pledge 7 billion to Africa when they are cutting salaries on the working class, leaving hundreds of thousand on unemployment from the government workers, increasing the population of welfare by 19% since he took office and soon to add millions more with the immigration bill.

If that doesn't tell you the truth about what the Obamascam in healthcare is then I rest my case, is not and never was about giving health care to the poor, is a payback to the insurance companies at the back of hard worker Americans that can be track and forced into buying services for a prices from private companies.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by Taissa

That is what the small businesses around my neck of woods are doing, keeping their minimum wage employees, (mostly younger crowd) in part time status.

It's bad in my neck of the woods too. So many here in a dying town who have lost jobs, or cut to part time in the past three months. But alas, a new walmart super center is about to open that says they are going to hire part time and temp workers. Our only local grocery store in town says they will feel at least a 35% cut when walmart opens to sell grocery.

I just don't see how this is going to work out. It's going to force many people into working differently, such as jobs where earnings don't have to be reported as a means of skirting the system. I'm totally on board with that, including the barter system.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   

I'm not for any program that forces one person to pay for the welfare of another person. People should be free to distribute the fruits of their labor to anyone they themselves choose without a government order.

You would find it difficult to profit or earn a living in a society that you did not pay in to in some way, no roads schools or protection for business.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   

I just said our taxes would be better spend on healthcare than war. That shouldn't have been hard to understand.

You said a lot more than that.

And no. This isn't Healthcare. This is a TAX.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Exactly, then we know who are the ones that needed the regulations and control, gouging the working class in order to keep the status of profits of insurance companies and medical community.

Obama didn't do anything to control cost, just a promise that nobody will be deny, still why if it was supposed to be affordable our premiums are going up?, because somebody have to profit at the end and this time is at the working class by mandate expenses.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Taissa

It will work out trust me it will kill the local stores and the Wal-Mart monopoly will control everything, I live in a high poverty area, we lost in the last 15 years all the high income providers in the manufacturer business, that keep the town thriving, the only company left is proctor and gamble and the city in order to keep them in town kiss their butt to the max, we also have the local base, but guess what we just got two mega Walmarts in the last 5 years, they have killed the local business still they only hired part timers, I refuse to shop on any of them.

Now I will tell you what we got in plenty and that is welfare recipients and seem to be doing great as they are the ones that keep Wal-Mart in business.

And as for the poor that can not pay medical expenses, I took my son that doesn't have insurance to the local "convenient care facility" that we have thanks to the non profit monopoly of hospital that we got in the area, (so much for exchange competition under Obamacrap), the bill for blood work, doctor visit and medication 300 hundred dollars, but because he didn't have insurance he only pay 85 dollars, see this are the type of arrangements that the city have with the hospital in order to accommodate for those that don't have insurance.

If my son could not afford the bill still he would have been allowed to pay a copay of only 25 dollars and have the rest bill later.

My daughter works at the emergency room in another country hospital, the biggest group that comes in are Medicaid and non insurance people, they still get top treatment and medications so is a lie that people goes without health care in the nation, because if you live in a high poverty area you still get to see a doctor and get the care you need, at least here where we live.

But those that pay into insurance business are the ones that have gotten the increases in care and we are paying now double and triple since last year.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Poor people already had healthcare. It'll illegal to refuse healthcare to people because they are poor. This was about redistribution of wealth and Marxism.

Oh sure the poor has healthcare. This is proven by all the people that die because they can't afford healthcare.

What an absurd appeal to emotion argument. People die because humans aren't eternal beings. There is no thing as social justice. In order to provide free coverage for one person the government needs to steal honest wages from another person.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   

A century ago people didn't go bankrupt paying medical bills.

That isn't an argument for higher healthcare rates and less efficient service like what happens with Socialized medicine. Bad argument, lol. What you're arguing for is reforms to the areas that make medical care so expensive. Tort reform and free-market competition would do FAR better at lowering costs than any Marxist redistribution structure ever could hope to achieve.

Fantastic!! You're arguing for a program that just made that insurance coverage cost most of us 300% MORE!!

edit on 3-7-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join