It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egyptians accuse Obama of terrorism - Critical mass protests against Obama backed Morsi regime

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by WilliamOckham
Egypt can point fingers all it wants but, so long as the Muslim world keeps putting religious extremists in power and running their governments like they do, they need to stfu and blame themselves first. And no, the US ain't perfect and the government ain't run by saints.

You hit it right on the head there good sir. Obama didn't install Morsi, the CIA didn't install Morsi. Given all the possible outcomes this was the candidate the US didn't really want to have to deal with. Obama didn't give Morsi any planes, tanks or anything else. They were given to the Government and Military of Egypt, the same way that they have always been given to them for keeping Egypt a stable middle eastern power. The Egyptians elected Morsi as their President, they may not like him now but they still elected him. All Obama did was recognize that fact and try to work with him just like he would have any other person they elected President. Just like he will do when the next future ex-president of Egypt gets into office. All because Egypt is key to helping keep the region from falling apart and to keep Israel from being attacked.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Alright, this is pissing me off so I'll say it even though NO ONE will read this anyway.

STOP PUTTING THE BLAME ON OBAMA.

There are so many other factors at play here.

The Morsi regime was #ty, what is happening in Egypt is #ty. But acting like it is Obama is like blaming flamingos for your verrucas.

Seriously, stop reading all this RT russian PROPAGANDA as if it were the truth. I'm not saying don't read it, I'm saying STOP BELIEVING IT JUST BECAUSE YOU WANT TO BELIEVE IT. It is so obviously propaganda, and so clumsily presented, blegh. The stated intention and purpose of RT is EXPLICITLY propaganda.

Now, the Syria, that is REALLY #ty too, but apparently letting the middle east sort itself out while we stay neutral and place bets is inadvisable.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

To add insult to injury, Obama admin sent the Morsi regime 20 F-16 fighter jets and millions in financial aid in 2013 alone...and as far as I know, Senator Rand Paul has been the only consistent and vocal critic about sending any aid to other nations, especially nations where we're propping up dictators like Morsi.

I don't know if this has been said on this thread, but if so it deserves to be said again.

The US gave the EGYPTIAN MILITARY these weapons ~ that would be the same MILITARY that deposed the democratically elected President Morsi.

It is the MILITARY that is the dictator in Egypt and it has been for, oh, about sixty years now. Who knew? Keep cheering that military dictatorship, after all, we'll probably have one of those here in the US before its over and then we'll know how wonderful it is.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Selling a structured military arms is a better idea than selling them to some shady group of people through a fence. But hey, we could just use wave weapons and sterilize the whole population over there. That might actually give them some appreciation for their fellow man and stop the constant, generational, senseless warfare.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join