It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bolivian leader's plane rerouted because Snowden suspected on board

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   

edit on 2/7/13 by jarrodpace because: error

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Last time I checked it didn't matter who was on it, if a nation chose not to allow you to fly through their airspace, for whatever reason (even if they didn't like the paintjob on the plane), you weren't flying through their airspace, unless you had an emergency and they had the closest place to get on the ground. And when you departed again, you went out the same way you came in, and went around their airspace.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
Is diverting a plane carrying a sovereign nation's leader against the law?

Don't use "law" or "rule of law" in the same sentence as "the US government". The only thing that Washington recognizes is military/police force. Both domestically and overseas.

I have a difficult time believing our people and the governments of the world are so dumbed-down that they continue to play along.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
The hand-glove relationship between the US government and the "private sector" is beyond sickening, and is most obviously malignant when it involves the Intelligence Industry that's built up around the "War on Terror" boondoggle that Bush/Cheney and their bosses launched in 2001. This Snowden thing is getting goddamn embarrassing. It's not as if anyone was even surprised at what he revealed. Maybe the fact that some low/mid level analyst working at a tech vendor firm has such access to peoples' private information is surprising, but hell, banks and insurance companies have a lot more inside data on folks than anything this Snowden character could've ever gotten his hands on.

This is almost as retarded as when the GOP Congress met in emergency session to force that Schiavo lady's husband to continue tube feeding her even though her brain had ceased functioning for years. Maybe we'll finally receive the world-wide disdain and condemnation that we've been working hard to earn as a result of this petty bullsh*t carnival clownshow.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
This country has been under a coup for who knows how long. The perps are the same pieces of filth that have major stakes in the parasitic corporations in this country.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I really hope Bolivia will ban the AF1 from their airspace the next time they want to pass it (chance are low, but pls do it)
But at least Snowden knows now which countries would not let an airplane with him onboard pass through their airspace.
I still hope that some European leaders find their balls... Germany at least requests investigations in this scandals, but I am sure that the most politicians knew about all this and this is just staged so that the people still trust their own government.
I am happy for Snowden, that Germany will not grant him asylum since I am really sure he would be deported to the US or die in a misterious car accident

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
This guy needs a travel agent. Not to mention he should have gotten somewhere where he could stay put once he started his "mission". Something funny about this whole deal here. He should have took Iceland up on its offer early.....but oh no that's not glamorous enough.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

Iceland is part of the NSA spying.

www.datacenterknowledge.com...

new data center in a former NATO Command Centre in Keflavik, Iceland.

Being a NATO Command Center it has all of the cables ran for Top Secret communications. They don't let just anybody build on top of them.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   
The more I read all the headlines about Snowden, the more I realize that One man actually can change the world!!!

2nd line

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   
my government is a joke. this president is a joke, his mission is to silence anyone who exposes any of this administrations bull#, and will stop at nothing to do so.
history will judge President Obama as one of the 5 worst U.S Presidents of all time. Accept your humble pie mister president, and MOVE ON to more important matters, and stop spying on us

this will turn south america against the US and it's european allies in the end. this is gross, outrageous overreach
edit on 3-7-2013 by CoolStoryMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 02:04 AM
link   
If Snowden boards a plane it will be forced down by American fighter jets as soon as it crosses over international waters. This happened before with the hijackers of the Achille Lauro cruise ship.

This is why he hasn't flown out of Moscow. I doubt he will.

If they are smart they will squirrel him out of the country some other way. They have to. Snowden is a liability to whichever nation takes him in.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   
This Snowden can move mountains. He is like a good luck charm to anybody who wants to take him in. Look, instant envy for a Bolivian leader. It's the Snowden rule, invented undernight: we think you have Snowden, land now.

Tons of controlled substances, heptillions of cash, thousands of trespassing kind of immigrants, spies global through dozens of nations, the plane lands for Snowden. Obama going to other countries over one person, it's like Darth Vader just put out a search for Luke Skywalker, and the NSA is the Death Star that vaporizes planets. Well I want Snowden to win now.

It's a Where's Waldo but on a planetary scale. Telling the truth after he claimed he wouldn't, wanted more than thousands of people wanted for lies. It's likely nothing the other governments don't already know about in the US, but the taxpayers weren't knowing, and that's the conspiracy. Wanted for evidence related to showing anti-US-Constitutional government agency practices.

You can't buy a USA like that. You can't extort the other nations of the world to enforce a nation like that. He's a Real American, not some wannabe, not an impostor, not a desk job it's-not-my-department-I-just-work-here American. He tried to fake it but couldn't. The kind that is still USA even after the USA boss-types try to take the USA from him.

Save our Snowden, nations of Earth.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by christina-66

Quite odd that France would deny passage seeing how offended they are over the NSA leaks and threatening to cancel the trade agreements.

This smells....

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Liquesence

I am presently on a long term job in Europe and I tell you, they really despise americans all over the place. We, and our constant bullying of what we consider insignificant or smaller nations, is utterly hated (well everyone dislikes a bully).

French politicians from the right and the left and a leader of Germany’s Green Party called for their countries to grant amnesty to Snowden on Monday amid continental outrage over reports America bugged offices of the European Union.

Things are now so bad that the European Union has ordered a worldwide security sweep of all its premises following reports US intelligence has bugged its offices in Washington, Brussels and the United Nations.

Jose Manuel Barroso, president of the EU's Executive Commission, instructed the commission services to proceed to a comprehensive ad hoc security sweep and check in light of the most recent spying allegations leveled at the US.

Things have really changed since the pre-Obama era. Bush at least bullied only arab speaking nations like Iraq or North african countries. Obama´s thugs bullies everyone. This thing with the NSA spying on eveyrbody in Europe and the armtwisting of European authorities to force down the Airforce One of the Bolivian president will have serious repricussions I tell you.

It seems Warbama has gone totally bananas.

I'm curious if those NSA computers of his are able to recognize this pattern.....

....................../´¯/) 
....................,/¯../ 
.................../..../ 
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸ 
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
..........................'...../ 
..........''............. _.·´ 
..........................( 

edit on 3-7-2013 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by iBallinU

Cart before horse came to mind when I read your comment. Why does the US fear terrorist attacks? Why would anyone want to attack the US (even its own citizens)? What are the root causes? These fundamental questions must be answered before any change can take place. If they're not the boogieman terrorist is going to be used throughout your entire life, and your children's entire lives, to justify diminishing your freedoms and rights.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   
And now an enraged Bolivia seeks a crisis meeting of South American leaders over Mr Morales' treatment. I don't think this debacle could have been handled worse by all concerned.

BBC

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   
I cannot believe that out of all that has happened concerning Snowden since this whole debacle began, that I personally view China and Russia - of all countries - to be 'the good guys' in all of this; the behavior of the United States government at large on the international stage has only been a shade above reprehensible in their pursuit of Snowden. I couldn't fathom thinking this way five years ago.

And this is just the stuff we're seeing on the news; could you even imagine what's going on behind the scenes?

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArchAngel_X
I cannot believe that out of all that has happened concerning Snowden since this whole debacle began, that I personally view China and Russia - of all countries - to be 'the good guys' in all of this; the behavior of the United States government at large on the international stage has only been a shade above reprehensible in their pursuit of Snowden. I couldn't fathom thinking this way five years ago.

And this is just the stuff we're seeing on the news; could you even imagine what's going on behind the scenes?

What we see here is nothing less than Warbamas ‘Imperial Skyjacking’ of the Bolivian presidential plane. Obviously, by direct orders from Gen. Keith Alexander, director of the National Security Agency and channelled via the U.S. Department of State in Washington, the Austrian authorities forced themselves into President Morales plane and searched it for Edward Snowden,

They found no stowaways on board, Austria’s deputy chancellor has said. The plane will now carry on its journey to the Canary Islands where it will refuel before flying to La Paz. No excuses were delivered.

Imagine this happening to our Airforce One by Chinese or Russian authorities..Can you spell WW3?

edit on 3-7-2013 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by christina-66
reply to post by captaintyinknots

They haven't forced them to land as such - they've just said they can't take the route they were planning on until they know Snowden's not on board. But no - I definitely cannot imagine any country daring to do this with Airforce One - that is unimaginable.

I give a # if they force someone to land or if they do not allow to pass any country to cross the atlantic. What this satire shows is clearly, THERE IS NO DEMOCRACY LEFT IN EUROPE and United States anyhow.

Unbelievable how France!!!!, Spain, Portugal, Germany, England, Norway, etc. kiss US's ass.

They are all members of the Poodle Club

I can't say how much I thank Snowden that a 29 year old hero brings out the truth to the world that everyone can see how we get blinded by our governments!

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by pigsy2400

its apparently illegal to tell the world about something that is illegal, so glad I don't have any kids, this world is a joke

No the joke, and a sad one at that, is that they convinced you that the laws apply to everyone. The laws apply to you and me, the peons, the peasants, the useless eaters. Time and time again they have shown that those laws don't apply to members of government, or corporations with the right connections.

It's illegal to assassinate people, yet the governments do it. Hell I was just reading files from the FBI outlining a plan, kid you not, to assassinate the Occupy Wall street "leaders" with suppressed sniper rifles. It was illegal for the Bush administration to have telcos hand over customer data, yet they did, and better yet, made it retroactively legal.

But I have to agree about them ignoring the actual story, PRISM, and concentrating on Snowden, he's not even the first to leak this information, we knew about the AT&T NSA datacenter years ago. He's the Jullian Assange for right now, and I fully expect it to stale and become the same tired old crap.

Whatever hard info snowden has left better make it's way online and fast, he's going to disappear.

Think about it though, they want to charge him with treason and helping the enemies of the united states government. He leaked information about the government spying on US citizens, and just about everyone else.

does this not mean every American, and by extension, every human being on earth who isn't part of the us government, is now considered "the enemy" ?

What do you think the US response would be if this was some other nation, an ally perhaps, spying on the US? Oh, wait, we already know, they'd bury the story because it was Israel.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join