It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Full Implementation of Obamacare bumped to 2015!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Best news I've heard all day. More time to kill it.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by sealing

Sealing, please explain that to my Mother, if you would please. See, she was forced onto Obama's "high risk" pool of coverage last year after being told her cash payment of services would no longer be sufficient. She has no insurance and has dutifully paid her costs. Sometimes at as much as $800 a month in payments on past incidents. at times, it's nearly broken her.

This time? They told her flat out, she could refuse and keep making paymnets..and they would adjust those payments beyond her ability to maintain them, default her and break her credit record. That means the world to her, for some reason, in keeping at a near perfect level.

So what happens? Well.. her $600 in Social Security is dwarfed and eaten by the OVER $600 required to pay her monthly share of being a member of the 'pre-existing' / 'high risk' pool. nice friggen people eh?

Oh and THEN...just for laughs, Obama has the unmitigated GALL to tell the states he's Mr. Penniless and can't support the High Risk pool HIS PEOPLE created and HIS PEOPLE forced Americans into..so it'll be on the states head to do until the end of the year when Obamacare is fully implemented (who knows how that works with this change now). She LOST her Government supported coverage on July 1st. I haven't asked her how it's going now. A usually happy person, she's been in a blue funk with this.

So... Please... don't EVER tell me how Obamcare is "just about" helping people. The bastards running and implimenting this are killing people and my own Mother may be among the dead by the end of this nightmare of STUPID.

I don't usually get testy, let alone outright pissed off ...but THIS is B.S. Our parents spent THEIR WHOLE LIVES paying into two things. Social Security Retirement and the Medi- programs for Medical care in old age. On your paycheck it's listed as FICA. They're getting pumped without lubricant on the Social Security because the crooks in Washington ROBBED THEM OF IT, every single year for decades. It has no money left now and pays out at the rate it takes in......ALMOST.

NOW they are getting pumped dry on medical too..and again, THEY ALREADY PAID FOR THIS over the course of a working lifetime. Remember what I said above. $600 in Federal Social Security Retirement WAS 100% TAKEN by Obamacare's little joke of a High Risk Pool PLUS SOME.

They aren't just being screwed. They are literally being sent a bill to pay for their own abuse and victimization!

Man this needed to be bumped onto the next page.

Im going through this with my father also.

Its a disgrace.

edit on 3-7-2013 by sonnny1 because: typo...

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

That's just great. Let's keep employers in the dark for another year so that they keep laying off and only hire temp workers because they have no idea what's coming.

Then again, that's probably by design.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

All this does it give us more time to collect evidence.

I think we will all notice the record profits coming from healthcare providers claiming universal healthcare is bankrupting them.

Your all missing the point. This is gonna leave them red handed after abusing the population and claiming its someone elses fault.

so mind your words gaz....

edit on 3-7-2013 by Wertdagf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
So after thinking some more on this, the individual mandate has to be pushed back as well, otherwise it is pure discrimination. Why, you ask? Because the supreme court made that little decision a few years ago that corporations are people and must have free (political) speech (in the form of campaign contributions). So if the corporate mandate is pushed back without the individual mandate then the people have been discriminated against in violation of both the 14th and the Civil Rights Act due to not having the same creed as corporation persons.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by sealing

Sealing, please explain that to my Mother, if you would please. See, she was forced onto Obama's "high risk" pool of coverage last year after being told her cash payment of services would no longer be sufficient. She has no insurance and has dutifully paid her costs. Sometimes at as much as $800 a month in payments on past incidents. at times, it's nearly broken her.

This time? They told her flat out, she could refuse and keep making paymnets..and they would adjust those payments beyond her ability to maintain them, default her and break her credit record. That means the world to her, for some reason, in keeping at a near perfect level.

So what happens? Well.. her $600 in Social Security is dwarfed and eaten by the OVER $600 required to pay her monthly share of being a member of the 'pre-existing' / 'high risk' pool. nice friggen people eh?

Oh and THEN...just for laughs, Obama has the unmitigated GALL to tell the states he's Mr. Penniless and can't support the High Risk pool HIS PEOPLE created and HIS PEOPLE forced Americans into..so it'll be on the states head to do until the end of the year when Obamacare is fully implemented (who knows how that works with this change now). She LOST her Government supported coverage on July 1st. I haven't asked her how it's going now. A usually happy person, she's been in a blue funk with this.

So... Please... don't EVER tell me how Obamcare is "just about" helping people. The bastards running and implimenting this are killing people and my own Mother may be among the dead by the end of this nightmare of STUPID.

I don't usually get testy, let alone outright pissed off ...but THIS is B.S. Our parents spent THEIR WHOLE LIVES paying into two things. Social Security Retirement and the Medi- programs for Medical care in old age. On your paycheck it's listed as FICA. They're getting pumped without lubricant on the Social Security because the crooks in Washington ROBBED THEM OF IT, every single year for decades. It has no money left now and pays out at the rate it takes in......ALMOST.

NOW they are getting pumped dry on medical too..and again, THEY ALREADY PAID FOR THIS over the course of a working lifetime. Remember what I said above. $600 in Federal Social Security Retirement WAS 100% TAKEN by Obamacare's little joke of a High Risk Pool PLUS SOME.

They aren't just being screwed. They are literally being sent a bill to pay for their own abuse and victimization!

Typical of Obama, and the federal govt in general....almost everything they do spells FUBAR. Look at what they have done to education. What they have done to "help" our children's education they are about to do to healthcare.

When are these EFFING MORONS going to learn to leave crap alone? The federal govt needs to stay our of our homes, out of our schools, out of our hospitals and out of our lives in general.

If their responsibilities are not listed in the constitution then they need to leave it the F alone!! Republican or Democrat, I dont freaking care!! They are all effing morons that are not governing in any way to benefit the common joe....

Egypt's solution is looking awfully tempting.....Perhaps it is time for 200 million Americans to take to the streets...shut the effing country down for one day and a message will be sent loud and clear. Do it until change happens (change? where have I heard that before?) and we will turn this country around.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Excellent news!! It's going to get defeated at some point, i'll need to get some wine for the occasion. Either way.. im certainly not going to get Obama care, i'll sooner be arrested. Things are shakin' up!

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by tigershark1988

I would be willing to bet that there will be a lot more people not filing tax returns in the near future. If you dont get insurance, you will be fined....people that cannot afford the insurance cannot also afford the fine.

Nice job, Obama, Reid and Pelosi, of putting the common man between a rock and a hard place.

FUBAR is the only way to describe the laughably "Affordable Care" Act.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taissa
I am furious over this. Why do businesses get their delay, yet the rest of us do not? No, we get to continue on slaving away so they can take their money out of our checks. I'm not going to buy a plan. I refuse. I can't afford to anyway, since this reform has caused my job to knock me down to part time and take my insurance away. This is illegal and unconstitutional and I'm sick to death of Obama changing the rules at the drop of a hat for his business interests. For one more year, the rest of us Americans will have the money extracted out of our paychecks, while the rich get richer.
edit on 3-7-2013 by Taissa because: (no reason given)

Just goes to show that "FOR THE PEOPLE" Democratic Party is just as bad as the Republican....though while the GOP will give you the finger while they rip you off the Democrats will do it with a smile and a wave.

Businesses get the delay because they are the ones who contribute to the campaign fund.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

You don't think it's even remotely scandalous when the President starts deciding he can unilaterally decide which federal laws are 'actually' laws and which ones can get temporarily suspended for purely partisan political reasons? Not even the slightest bit? Come on now, I know you're better than that. I'm not saying you have to grab a pitchfork and start calling for impeachment, but face this head-on and acknowledge its pure sleaze.

The Supreme Court ruled the line-item veto unconstitutional for a reason, you know. "Presentment" and all that.

edit on 4-7-2013 by MsAphrodite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

Since when has the constitution / rights meant anything?

edit on 4-7-2013 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

I read that somewhere the other day along with if the business has more than 50 employees they are exempt until 2015 those with less are not exempt. Screwed, glued and tattooed.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Oh I get it, so he wants the next president to inherit this mess of Obamacare.

A Republican takes office (possibly Rand Paul, he is at the top of the GOP polls right now and is going to run) and the economy tanks when all business owners are forced to pay these fines and comply with Obamacare.

OF COURSE...brilliant play O....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join