It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Full Implementation of Obamacare bumped to 2015!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I think we can effectively call this Obama(doesn't)Care now.

But even the individual mandate has problems as most states are not ready for the exchanges that was supposed to be comparison shopping warehouses for those that do not have a compatible employer backed plan. For example, my employer only offers a supplemental insurance policy that doesn't even cover x-rays, which is not ACA compliant for an insurance policy. At this time, only California is close to being ready for the exchange.

The most amazing thing about the ACA is how it differs from when car insurance was forced on the states. With the car insurance deal, states were told to implement mandatory car insurance or face defunding of federal spending in their state. But much like the car insurance, no provision was made to regulate the rates that insurance companies can charge.

Chief Justice Roberts many have called it a tax, but I foresee a multi-trillion dollar civil suit in the making for various violations of Constitutional rights and provisions once the IRS starts up the printing press on this one. Then we will see whether Obama(doesn't)Care or not.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I am furious over this. Why do businesses get their delay, yet the rest of us do not? No, we get to continue on slaving away so they can take their money out of our checks. I'm not going to buy a plan. I refuse. I can't afford to anyway, since this reform has caused my job to knock me down to part time and take my insurance away. This is illegal and unconstitutional and I'm sick to death of Obama changing the rules at the drop of a hat for his business interests. For one more year, the rest of us Americans will have the money extracted out of our paychecks, while the rich get richer.
edit on 3-7-2013 by Taissa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ahabstar

Chief Justice Roberts many have called it a tax

It's not a tax. It's a scam. It's theft of my hard earned money they will use to fund their war machine or whatever lies that they have going. This money they will take the next year won't even be funneled into obama "care". It will go somewhere else. And if this get repealed, by some miracle, we won't see any of that money that they took. Kiss it goodbye.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
reply to post by Daedalus

The I.R.S.S. will NAIL you to a cross.

The fines will go up and up.

Maybe they will raise the fines too while they're at it

I bet they can and might just do that

Time to go back to the old days. Pay under the table. Do not report earnings. Barter system. I'm on my way. I refuse to be a slave here.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

I know you were intentionally over sensationalizing, but what if those predictions are true? We are already seeing how much more this act will cost us all individually.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Wait till the 20-40 year old, whose unemployed, doesn't pay his share into it.

This whole thing is a Pyramid scheme. Designed to work if people pay into it.

When it doesnt, watch out.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Add ten years and I am in that group. Since I am retired military, I pay into Tri-Care, but even that is costing me more than I can really afford.

I guess it's time to buy a camper, as that'll be the only way to keep a roof over my head.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

I know brother.

This crap has me steamed also. All the idiots who voted for it, never thought of Taxpayers best interests.

Congress needs an enema.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by Cuervo

I know you were intentionally over sensationalizing, but what if those predictions are true? We are already seeing how much more this act will cost us all individually.

No we aren't. We are seeing how much the paranoia surrounding it is costing us.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carreau
So just to recap. No employer mandate till 2015 (your boss doesn't have to provide you health insurance), BUT individual mandate starts Jan1 2014.

So if you are a cancer survivor with high blood pressure (because of reading news about your crap government) you have to go find your own insurance, say $500 per month with a $5000 deductible if your lucky enough to find as company who will insure you to begin with and because of your health history or pay a tax (fine) to the IRS or go to jail.

Now what could possibly go wrong with this bright idea?

Please Please will one of the obama sycophants respond to this thread and tell me how I am wrong and how everything is going to be soooo much better.

really?...you need someone to tell you what is wrong with your statement?...I read why this is being delayed, and who it affects, and I understand the reason. i'm not your teacher or your parent, you have to take responsibility for your own research, as do most adults.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

How cruel! He sees all these paranoia sites spout off disinformation about it and get all fearful and then he's like "Hmmm... I wonder if I wait another year if they'll actually READ it."

I was really looking forward to it just so I can stop hearing the "predictions" all the Glen Becks and O'Reillys have about how the government is going to off our grandmothers and provide abortions for kittens or whatnot.

Damn it.

It's political antics. Implementing it before the 2014 midterm elections would be catastrophic for the democratic party as unemployment is going to sky rocket as companies get into compliance with the new policies.

And the fearful things you mentioned, a ton are real fears for this economy.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle

Originally posted by whyamIhere

This is the worst law in a Country with a history of some bad laws...

Obamacare will be removed root and branch.

i have to agree with that statement. i think what they're doing is no different than what they are doing with the budget, kicking the old can down the road because they know full and well they cannot run anything correctly, especially not a train wreck such as the affordable care act.

You got that right! The govt is good at very few things: Red tape, wasteful spending, stupid regulations, and blowing stuff up.

Say goodbye to good healthcare. I think it is very telling what doctor's thoughts and opinions of the "affordable care" act. Welcome to long lines for any kind of healthcare. What you see now in emergency rooms will be translated to an ever smaller number of doctors offices.

How much do you think it will cost a doctor's office to have people who have to deal with insurance forms/companies now, and then add in the cost of observing govt regulations and filling out forms on top of that?

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ahabstar
I think we can effectively call this Obama(doesn't)Care now.

But even the individual mandate has problems as most states are not ready for the exchanges that was supposed to be comparison shopping warehouses for those that do not have a compatible employer backed plan. For example, my employer only offers a supplemental insurance policy that doesn't even cover x-rays, which is not ACA compliant for an insurance policy. At this time, only California is close to being ready for the exchange.

The most amazing thing about the ACA is how it differs from when car insurance was forced on the states. With the car insurance deal, states were told to implement mandatory car insurance or face defunding of federal spending in their state. But much like the car insurance, no provision was made to regulate the rates that insurance companies can charge.

Chief Justice Roberts many have called it a tax, but I foresee a multi-trillion dollar civil suit in the making for various violations of Constitutional rights and provisions once the IRS starts up the printing press on this one. Then we will see whether Obama(doesn't)Care or not.

I'm just waiting for the April 2015 when we hear this misinformed voters that thought they were getting free healthcare going "What you mean I aint getting no income tax return because of ACA penalties." Will be priceless!

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by Carreau
So just to recap. No employer mandate till 2015 (your boss doesn't have to provide you health insurance), BUT individual mandate starts Jan1 2014.

So if you are a cancer survivor with high blood pressure (because of reading news about your crap government) you have to go find your own insurance, say $500 per month with a $5000 deductible if your lucky enough to find as company who will insure you to begin with and because of your health history or pay a tax (fine) to the IRS or go to jail.

Now what could possibly go wrong with this bright idea?

Please Please will one of the obama sycophants respond to this thread and tell me how I am wrong and how everything is going to be soooo much better.

really?...you need someone to tell you what is wrong with your statement?...I read why this is being delayed, and who it affects, and I understand the reason. i'm not your teacher or your parent, you have to take responsibility for your own research, as do most adults.

The individual mandate has not been delayed....it DOES kick in in 2014, while the employer part kicks in 2015. Screwed up totally. This is such a screwed up situation that I cannot properly describe the total FUBAR in motion here.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

I read why this is being delayed, and who it affects, and I understand the reason.

Perhaps you'd be so kind as to explain that bit for the rest of us slow learners. I certainly read it too. After all, I posted the OP and story here. I don't understand what you claim to. Please do, explain what the reason is for individual mandates to be in full force, on time and yet employer ones delayed JUST long enough to get past mid term elections ....but not long enough to overlap into the 2016 cycle? Pretty nifty coincidence of timing there, eh?

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I wonder what will happen to those of us who are going to lose our health care from our employers in 2014? My boss has already told us the company is dropping it as its getting to expensive (we are a small co. of 6 employees so we probably dont get any breaks). According to the ACA website I dont appear to qualify for any of the subsidies and I cant really afford the to pay the half of my insurance I pay now.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus

Yeah, sure.....

they can't force me to buy a product i can't afford, with money i don't have...

what are they gonna do, throw me in prison for not buying insurance?

i can understand insurance for operating a car, but insurance for drawing breath? Ludicrous.

Well... At the end of the year when you file your taxes if you don't there is a penalty... From $950~1,250...

So... Yes.... They can and they are.... If that's what you take back from the IRS from your Federal Tax Return...

Going.... Going.... GONE~ Hut Hike!

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
It's so ridiculous.
For conservatives this is like Armageddon Comet Elenin
The Mayan 2012 doom and Nibiru all rolled in one.

And what's gonna happen?
Not a GD thing. Except..
People who didn't have health care now will.

It's amazing what big business will scare up to protect
their already sky high profit margins.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by sealing
It's so ridiculous.
For conservatives this is like Armageddon Comet Elenin
The Mayan 2012 doom and Nibiru all rolled in one.

And what's gonna happen?
Not a GD thing. Except..
People who didn't have health care now will.

It's amazing what big business will scare up to protect
their already sky high profit margins.

How will they have health care? Its not free, and if they are working, dont qualify for subsidies and cant afford to buy it what then? This is not nationalized health care. Just because people HAVE to buy it doesnt mean they will. Theres people all over driving around with outcar insurance and its mandatory.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by sealing

Sealing, please explain that to my Mother, if you would please. See, she was forced onto Obama's "high risk" pool of coverage last year after being told her cash payment of services would no longer be sufficient. She has no insurance and has dutifully paid her costs. Sometimes at as much as $800 a month in payments on past incidents. at times, it's nearly broken her.

This time? They told her flat out, she could refuse and keep making paymnets..and they would adjust those payments beyond her ability to maintain them, default her and break her credit record. That means the world to her, for some reason, in keeping at a near perfect level.

So what happens? Well.. her $600 in Social Security is dwarfed and eaten by the OVER $600 required to pay her monthly share of being a member of the 'pre-existing' / 'high risk' pool. nice friggen people eh?

Oh and THEN...just for laughs, Obama has the unmitigated GALL to tell the states he's Mr. Penniless and can't support the High Risk pool HIS PEOPLE created and HIS PEOPLE forced Americans into..so it'll be on the states head to do until the end of the year when Obamacare is fully implemented (who knows how that works with this change now). She LOST her Government supported coverage on July 1st. I haven't asked her how it's going now. A usually happy person, she's been in a blue funk with this.

So... Please... don't EVER tell me how Obamcare is "just about" helping people. The bastards running and implimenting this are killing people and my own Mother may be among the dead by the end of this nightmare of STUPID.

I don't usually get testy, let alone outright pissed off ...but THIS is B.S. Our parents spent THEIR WHOLE LIVES paying into two things. Social Security Retirement and the Medi- programs for Medical care in old age. On your paycheck it's listed as FICA. They're getting pumped without lubricant on the Social Security because the crooks in Washington ROBBED THEM OF IT, every single year for decades. It has no money left now and pays out at the rate it takes in......ALMOST.

NOW they are getting pumped dry on medical too..and again, THEY ALREADY PAID FOR THIS over the course of a working lifetime. Remember what I said above. $600 in Federal Social Security Retirement WAS 100% TAKEN by Obamacare's little joke of a High Risk Pool PLUS SOME.

They aren't just being screwed. They are literally being sent a bill to pay for their own abuse and victimization!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join