It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is there still no explanation of the alien Warp-Drive?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Deuterium Nuclear reactor with a magneto hydro dynamic drive system. Case closed..

The Nuclear reactor heats up the gases freeing the electrons where they acquire an electric charge thus creating a plasma. Have you ever wondered why people say the air seemed electrically charged after a UFO encounter? Or why they are bright white balls of light? The appearance is caused by the electrons being freed through the heating process. The pulse visually observed is due to the electrical (emf) field. The negative charges tend to move in one direction, and the positive charges in the opposite direction. The reason UFO abductees lose time, generally two hours, is because they become so close to the strong magnetic field it essentially warps time and space around them. It's really not that complicated.. Give me 200 million dollars and I'll have one built by next summer. You're only going to get about half the speed of light unless you can get me some anti matter though.
edit on 3-7-2013 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xenoglossy
If there are people who are reverse engineering alien spacecraft, why don't we have a clue about how their method of propulsion works?

All the people who used to work for the military and government (or so they claim) and who are breaking the silence, are just telling us science fiction stories. How about some facts?

How about somebody telling us how the alien tech actually works? There are bound to be people who are working on this stuff, so why is it never them who go public? Why is it always someone who doesn't have a clue about the inner workings of the technology?

My take on it? Everybody can make up a fake military career and tell some stories about crashed UFOs.
But NOBODY on this planet can actually explain how the aliens actually managed to get here and how their propulsion works.

My take on this, is that we simply don't understand it.

Most of those stories involve crashed ufos, so that would mean missing pieces and missing links to the puzzles. Even if we had a 100% intact and functional ufo that some alien just landed and handed us the keys, would we be able to figure out how to drive it? Every bit of knowledge we know about flying aircrafts would need to be completely erased and start from scratch as everything would be completely different.

Think of a airplane that crashes in the congo jungle somewhere and pieces get scattered around. And lets say a family of gorillas find some or all of the pieces of the craft, could they figure out how to put everything back together and make it work?

Even if a plane were to land safely and someone would just give that family of gorillas/monkeys the keys to a functional plane, could they figure out how to operate it and fly inside it succesfully?

That's how I think humans would be with a crashed UFO (if we even have ever had one).

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
pretty lofty question.

But... if anything I think they use what we taday would call an Einstein-Rosen bridge.

AKA a wormhole.

How do we induce such a thing if indeed inducing such a thing is even remotely (for us anyhow) possible? *scratches head*

The only other theory I can deduce is that perhaps they aren't, Traveling interstellar distances I mean. Perhaps they are already here and always have been?

Who knows.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Of course we are assuming that physics are constant throughout the universe and at all densities and/or dimensions.

What if at the edge of the speed of light is nothing more then the edge of the next density and/or dimension, where physics are different. Also, if ET is more advanced then us, then their brains are more advanced ie, more "psychically developed". Then, what if those ships were not "driven" by a wheel, but by thought. Then it would be a simple matter for them to change the location/time/density/dimension equation of them and their "crafts"; from say Zeta Riticuli to Sol/EA*rth 4th density 1950 local time reference, or the seven sisters to the crab nebula in the 6th density star date 2253.84.

The "ship/captain's chair" would be nothing more then a thought focusing device interfacing with the galactic temporal folding quantum computer.

I have no proof, just offering an alternative view.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by CagliostroTheGreat

How do we induce such a thing if indeed inducing such a thing is even remotely (for us anyhow) possible? *scratches head*

Even then, there is the other problem of converting the ship into energy to traverse said wormhole (hence the "bubble" idea mentioned so often).

Many accounts of how the aliens interface with their ship seems to indicate that the aliens are bio-engineered to do so. Like their body becomes linked to the circuitry of the ship. If this is the case, then not so hard to see why little progress. We'd likewise have to bio-engineer a pilot, which may or may not be possible with a human (or find a work-around).

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT

Originally posted by mbkennel
Somehow this warp drive can propel this topological bubble in geodesics through space and then when you get there you de-energize your warp drive and connect yourself back to regular space-time. That reconnection might be the tricky part of the trip, needless to say....

"Somehow,"...that's nice MBK. "Somehow" is an excellent answer for "anything." "Somehow" I don't feel your 'answer' is particularly revealing or even coherent.

Nice try, though!

Well, it's better than 99% of the nonsense you see here, and i just crafted it lovingly from my rectal thermal exhaust port.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by mbkennel

Also, if warp drive required some exotic matter and engine, then maybe galactic ET civilizations could fly FTL, but they couldn't send signals FTL.

Why not? If we could send matter FTL, surely we could send data FTL as well....

Of course. You'd upload up your data to the 'post' and every week a drone carrying the storage drives flies off to the transfer hub, and in a couple of months dumps a few yottabytes of twitter into the router.

You could go out and find that one of your colonies was obliterated by the Romulans (or nobody you could figure out) a few radioactive months previously.

So, it would be inconvenient (communications having to be sent via a ship)...still wouldn't keep us from exploring. Didn't prevent our ancestors from doing it.
edit on 3-7-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

Sure. I was just thinking of the implications. We are presently on the assumption that physical travel is hard but information goes almost instantaneously. It wasn't always like this, and maybe wouldn't be like this even if ET (or we) invented warp drive.
edit on 3-7-2013 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by WilliamOckham

Originally posted by mbkennel
Somehow this warp drive can propel this topological bubble in geodesics through space and then when you get there you de-energize your warp drive and connect yourself back to regular space-time. That reconnection might be the tricky part of the trip, needless to say.

And what would the source for the energy needed to create an ongoing bubble through space-time be? Surely you've thought about the issues with the ship ALSO being inside this theoretical bubble? I've heard that theory countless times and it is riddled with problems.
edit on 2-7-2013 by WilliamOckham because: (no reason given)

We'll figure it out after the contract is funded.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
The ETs if they exist must be robotic. It is the logical step any advanced civilization would take. Our organic bodies are so fragile I'm sure any advanced civilization that has conquered the power of the stars has also transitioned to a robotic lifeform which is attached to a borg like cloud allowing people to live forever via constant uploaded and downloadable consciousness. This also would explain the ridiculous turns UFOs are capable of without completely pureeing the flight crew. it's believed that humans within 90 years will begin making that transition from organic bodies to metal and computer driven brains and skeletons.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   

reply to post by CagliostroTheGreat

Even then, there is the other problem of converting the ship into energy to traverse said wormhole (hence the "bubble" idea mentioned so often).

I wish more people read what I wrote. The ship creates it's own wormhole with it's enormous gravity and electromagnetic field. It can slow down space and time around itself when applying more power to the field.

Many accounts of how the aliens interface with their ship seems to indicate that the aliens are bio-engineered to do so. Like their body becomes linked to the circuitry of the ship. If this is the case, then not so hard to see why little progress. We'd likewise have to bio-engineer a pilot, which may or may not be possible with a human (or find a work-around).

The aliens are robotic just like us humans will become in less than 100 years.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Maybe they can fly at an almost infinite speed by compensating for or somehow remove the effect of the Higgs boson particle.Once you have no mass you can fly into anything without damage, you just come to a stop. It would also be a means to get anti-gravity.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   

reply to post by Xenoglossy

If there are people who are reverse engineering alien spacecraft, why don't we have a clue about how their method of propulsion works?

Imagine a caveman trying to reverse engineer a found and broken television and get it to play a TV program.

May take a while....

I think it's more like, send a stealth bomber back in time, crash it, then show it to cavemen. Let them try and reverse engineer it. A TV is very simple in comparison. There's so many laws of physics, manufacturing processes, computer development, even the task of learning the language to read whatever documentation one may be able to salvage. That's the type of gap between us and the Greys, the gap may be even bigger than that.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Xenoglossy

Lets for the arguments sake pretend that "they" are in possession of a craft and study it.

There might be a few problems. It could very well be driven by something we don't know of. That we cant manufacture.

It might not be a craft capable of flying to other galaxies or even planets. It could very well be a small scouting craft with very limited technology. Maybe capable of flying as fast as a scram-jet.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aazadan
I think it's more like, send a stealth bomber back in time, crash it, then show it to cavemen. Let them try and reverse engineer it. A TV is very simple in comparison. There's so many laws of physics, manufacturing processes, computer development, even the task of learning the language to read whatever documentation one may be able to salvage. That's the type of gap between us and the Greys, the gap may be even bigger than that.

I disagree. Humans between 1650 and 1950 advanced fundamental understanding of science an enormous degree. We went from really understanding almost nothing about the physical nature of the world to understanding nearly everything and developing the philosophical and cognitive tools to repeat this process with new empirical data. We can predict what happens in distant galaxies correctly with our knowledge of science.

This gap between cavemen and us will never be repeated.

Assuming that "greys" craft are physical things made of atoms, then we would be able to understand them to some extent far better than a caveman could understand a B-2.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by pinobot
reply to post by The GUT

Maybe they can fly at an almost infinite speed by compensating for or somehow remove the effect of the Higgs boson particle.Once you have no mass you can fly into anything without damage, you just come to a stop. It would also be a means to get anti-gravity.

The Higgs field only contributes a small portion of fundamental mass and inertia it seems. For instance most of the mass in nuclei (and nearly all the mass of stuff is in the nuclei) is not due to rest mass of quarks or Higgs effects, but the energy in the gluons.
edit on 5-7-2013 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by libertytoall
Deuterium Nuclear reactor with a magneto hydro dynamic drive system. Case closed..

The Nuclear reactor heats up the gases freeing the electrons where they acquire an electric charge thus creating a plasma. Have you ever wondered why people say the air seemed electrically charged after a UFO encounter? Or why they are bright white balls of light? The appearance is caused by the electrons being freed through the heating process. The pulse visually observed is due to the electrical (emf) field. The negative charges tend to move in one direction, and the positive charges in the opposite direction. The reason UFO abductees lose time, generally two hours, is because they become so close to the strong magnetic field it essentially warps time and space around them. It's really not that complicated.. Give me 200 million dollars and I'll have one built by next summer. You're only going to get about half the speed of light unless you can get me some anti matter though.

You should apply at NASA or Lockheed Martin. I bet they would be interested in your expertise.

200 million dollars for a propulsion method capable of reaching half speed of light? That's just a little over 1% of NASA's budget for 2012. They would be stupid to let this deal pass.

I'm waiting patiently for you to appear on the news as the man who lead mankind to the stars.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join