It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea: U.S. has pushed peninsula 'to the brink of war'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   

www.washingtonpost.com

BANDAR SERI BEGAWAN, Brunei — North Korea is willing to hold direct talks with the United States, but only “if the United States sincerely seeks to end the vicious cycle of tensions and hostility” and has no preconditions, its foreign minister said here Tuesday.

“The United States is responsible for pushing the Korean peninsula to the brink of war,”
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I'm sitting here wondering if the North Korean delegates are believing their own propaganda in the extreme?

After a meeting here Monday with his Chinese counterpart, Secretary of State John F. Kerry praised China for what he called “very firm statements and very firm steps” insisting that North Korea give up its nuclear weapons program.

Here we have a case where their own close Allie China is asking them to back off their Nuclear program, their neighbors are asking them to back off and the UN not to mention the US as well. Meanwhile, these talking heads from the North [who were just threatening Nuclear destruction of the US and it's regional allies] are now attempting [Poorly] to put a spin on those events in their favor.

I have to ask..

Who here believes the BS coming from that monkey show in the North?

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I ask myself the same thing when I turn on CNN. I ask myself who's running that show (would use your adjective but for obvious connotations I will not) down south. Because all I hear is propaganda, warmongering, blatant lies to justify further occupations.

So the way I figure it, when one side decides to be the bigger man and just stop, maybe there will be an end to all the B.S.

SaneThinking

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
That's only the 3rd or 4th time the North has suggested war is imminent this year - I'm pretty sure no-one bothers unless it gets to 20 or more....

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I doubt they see the irony in a fat kid ruling over a starving people.

Yes, I wonder why the US doesn't want to negotiate more with someone who proclaims themselves a deity deserving of worship.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
He, like his father and his father's father - all have serious mental issues.

He doesn't take responsibility for his own actions. That is extremely immature.

He set a meeting with South Korea and then blew them off at the last in a "gamey" ploy which didn't feed his over-inflated false ego enough ... so, he turned right around and insisted on a meeting with USA. Only a fool would accept a meeting with his childish history, and his spoiled brat 'demanding' of no conditions is a condition itself!

He needs a grow-up pill.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
6 of 1 and half a dozen of the other.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Until I see a missile headed for South Korea, the USA or any of it's allies I am simply finished listening to Lil' Kim.

Stop paying him attention and he will simply fade away, or do something so incredibly stupid it will give the rest of the world a reason to remove him.

If I had any artistic skills at all I would draw a cartoon of Lil' Kim and the Prophet Mohammad having a foursome with Psy (Gangnam style) and a 600lb. pig............ Could fix most of the worlds woes if all three never existed.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
To be honest Slayer,
I have placed NK in my "Just an Irritating little barking dog" catagory
All bark and no bite

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

They have a bite alright let's just hope they are not brainwashed enough to actually believe they can win. Especially when their backdoor neighbor is just about fed up with their rhetorical nonsense.

Millions could die for their grievous miscalculations,

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
You know, during that last debacle in March (wasn't it March?) I have to say I was really beginning to wonder if an all out war would begin with North Korea.. In other words, I bought their rhetoric and I don't think it will happen ever again. The smack talk couldn't have been worse than I've ever personally witnessed from that region.. yet they did nothing but keep talking and finally shut up.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

I not so convinced they have any real threat, I also believe Lil kim
has little man syndrome,but I think he also knows what his boundaries are,
if he didnt,. then he would have shot the rocket over japan. Yeah they are brainwashed
for sure,.Like so many Obama followers

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Does anyone really believe anything from North Korea?

They say:
We're going to war!

We say:
Okay, you start it and what happens when all your props fail and you fire your 3 bullets?

They say:
We have nuclear weapons and we've tested them many times!

We say:
Of course you did exploded something something as seismic monitors show that but there wasn't a GRB to indicate a nuclear event.

Derek

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Someone needs to tell these guys to SHUT THE HELL UP...

...AGAIN.

No one takes them seriously, and they walk the walk. Talk about screaming for attention...

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
God, I feel for the North Korean people... the West is in a bloody awful state but, at least, those of us with opened eyes can see it (and lament it on the internet).

What hope do those poor people have?

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
It seems the US is always involved in every conflict on every continent, but its everybody elses fault though. Might wanna open a map of the world and see just how far the US travels from its cozy borders to hold peace talks between it and other far away lands.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Yeah... We're making the peninsula go to "war"... Yet Kimmy boy can make threats about nuking everyone... But America is the bad guy like always...

-SAP-
edit on 2-7-2013 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Again?

Geez the boy who cried wolf so many times before I agree NK should stop that.

Only people I see bringing the peninsula to the 'brink of war'

IS the North Korean regime.
edit on 2-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Ya but in that video game I think they fight so..maybe he's taking it personally, i mean the ai controlled NK forces just suck.
edit on 2-7-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep
You know, during that last debacle in March (wasn't it March?) I have to say I was really beginning to wonder if an all out war would begin with North Korea.. In other words, I bought their rhetoric and I don't think it will happen ever again. The smack talk couldn't have been worse than I've ever personally witnessed from that region.. yet they did nothing but keep talking and finally shut up.

Same here. I watched the live cams of the DMZ. The cams of the patriot missle stations in Japan. I was hooked to the news and ATS waiting for something to break. He had me hooked. Won't happen again. Rhetoric is rhetoric, fearmongrring is fearmongrring. I got caught up in it and it won't happen again. Next time I pay attention to little mans rhetoric will be when something actually happens. Not words from his spoiled mouth.

That's when we'll get bite in the ass though isn't it?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join