It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

11 Banned Ingredients We Eat in the U.S

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I'm not one of those people who is going to complain about GMO's or monsanto. But I do care about my health and where my food comes from before I purchase it. In the United States it seems we have relaxed to eleven banded ingredients found in other countries. I'm not pointing at conspiracy, but we need to make sure our food is not just tasty. It has to be healthy for us.

We sure do love unhealthy food in the U.S. Eleven ingredients considered unhealthy and dangerous are banned in countries around the world. But not in the U.S. In fact, those ingredients are found in food and drink that Americans consume regularly, according to ABC News.

The banned ingredients include:

1. Blue #1 food coloring 2. Blue # 2 food coloring 3. Yellow # 5 food coloring 4. Yellow # 6 food coloring 5. Red #40 food coloring 6. Brominated vegetable oil (found in sodas) 7. Bromated flour (used in baking) 8. Olean (found in potato chips) 9. Preservatives butylated hydroxyanisole (BHA) and butylated hydroxytoluene (BHT) 10. Growth hormones rBGH and rBST (found in dairy products) 11. Arsenic found in chicken feed

Food manufacturers aren't necessarily including these ingredients in their products because they want to poison people. The ingredients might be a part of a product's original formula or the manufacturers just might not know that they are there or that they are harmful, according to Mira Calton, a licensed certified nutritionist and co-author of Rich Food, Poor Food: The Ultimate Grocery Purchasing System. The Food and Drug Administration assures the public that it is monitoring the safety of these ingredients and the products that contain them with an "extensive, science-based process."

Source

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I wish Red Dye #40 was banned, it's in everything and I'm allergic to it. :/

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ohyouknow

I just wish everything wall natural or any add ons wouldn't make us sick if we knew what was being added.

join