It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do Christians believe in a God that has "chosen" the Jews

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

What is your goal in posting here? You are distracting from the topic, not helping explore it.

The only question that remains now is ...

No answer.

I will continue to ask questions that you will find annoying because this is a Conspiracy forum. The more you are trying to send the thread off track, the more I get 'determined' to continue the eye-opening exercise.

The fact is, that Christians DO believe in a God that was entirely created by Jewish authors. Does that make Christians 'protectors' of the Jewish faith?

The US protects 'Israel's right to exist' militarily. Why? We are told: Because it is the only 'democracy' in the region. Or is it really because Israel contains also Christian 'holy' sites? New 'crusades'?

Or is it because Christianity is designed to protect the land that was chosen for the Jews, just like Christians protect their faith?

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingHuman

The Christian religion was created by Jews.

Jesus was chosen, like a way long time before the event, to be our savior.
The particular person who was the beginning of this chain of ancestry that ended at Jesus was with the legendary character, Abraham.
For the sake of Abraham and Jacob, that group recognizing those persons, at the time when Jesus was doing his ministry, were given the preferred position of being the first to have the opportunity to accept him.
Jesus said, "the first shall be last" and so it turned out, and why he is quoted saying that in the Gospel.
Their religion was reduced to rubble and fundamentally was made extinct, replaced by a form of self worship that passes as Judaism today.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Or is it because Christianity is designed to protect the land that was chosen for the Jews, just like Christians protect their faith?

A cultic form of Christianity called Dispensationalism was created in 1800 for that purpose, according to a long term plan by the Zionists who had a ready made support system in the US when the time was right for the great land swindle of Palestine and the creation of the so-called state, really a military regime, with the name "Israel" conveniently tacked on for the sake of the gullible would-be Christians who had bought into the Dispensationalist scheme.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

The Christian religion was created by Jews.

Jesus was chosen ... to be our savior.

... that group recognizing those persons ... were given the preferred position of being the first to have the opportunity to accept him.
By using passive sentences you, knowingly or unknowingly, avoid providing an essential piece of data, who is the subject? Who is the one choosing and giving? By being non-specific you conveniently allow yourself to re-interpret, or spin, your words differently, however it benefits or supports the argument.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   

By being non-specific you conveniently allow yourself to re-interpret, or spin, your words differently, however it benefits or supports the argument.
What argument?
My argument is: this is what the Bible says.
The Bible is non-specific and only gives general ideas. Especially in regards to God, meaning the Christian god, and His relation to the god according to the Jews.
The New Testament put in a ready-made spin, which you find if you can unspin the rhetoric that the Jews have been propagandizing Christians with over the last two centuries.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   

I hate to derail your train of thought but the promise of the land that was shown to Abraham was for his descendants . Abraham was not a Jew and his descendants included Ishmael and all of his 12 sons and their descendants , Isaac descendants including the 12 tribes of Israel and the Edomites .

The Islamic Quran in ''Night Journeys 17:100 - 104'' Allah gives the land for the Jews to inhabit forever . The Muslims know this and do not deny it . They just claim that those in Israel are not Jews .

Like the Europeans who did not require a mandate to kill off the Indians and take their lands , the Israelis need no help to give them the ability to take and hold land God will provide that . Christians have not been their facilitator , God has put them there against all odds . That place called Israel is a very poor patch of land for any nation to fight over . Before the Jews came in the land was barren and unproductive . It is the Temple Mount that draws Israel back . Jerusalem is the heart beat of the world and soon you will see that . That upcoming war called Gog and Magog war will draw in the whole world and affect every thing in it .

You need to do more research about what chosen really means to the Jews . You evidently did not know about the Jews being partly blinded to Christ . The Jews were effectively bypassed with the Gospel when they rejected Christ . That would not have been a surprise to God . He said I will make a people out of no people . That would be the Gentile . We have not been left out . Of course you should already know that if you studied the bible .

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter

Christians have not been their facilitator , God has put them there against all odds ... That upcoming war called Gog and Magog war will draw in the whole world and affect every thing in it .

So why DO Christians believe in this 'God'? I hate to break it to you, by studying the Bible there is no knowledge you can derive about God or the future. Your post certainly did not contain any 'knowledge'.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

By being non-specific you conveniently allow yourself to re-interpret, or spin, your words differently, however it benefits or supports the argument.
My argument is: this is what the Bible says.
The Bible is non-specific and only gives general ideas. Especially in regards to God, meaning the Christian god, and His relation to the god according to the Jews.
The New Testament put in a ready-made spin, which you find if you can unspin the rhetoric that the Jews have been propagandizing Christians with over the last two centuries.

Ok, so why should anybody go to the trouble of un-spinning the rhetoric of a non-specifc 2000 year old book, according to someone else's believes?

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   

So why DO Christians believe in this 'God'? I hate to break it to you, by studying the Bible there is no knowledge you can derive about God or the future. Your post certainly did not contain any 'knowledge'.

Christians believe in this God because the Bible most certainly has knowledge you can derive about God and our future in it. You just have to read it first and understand what you're reading.

edit on 6-7-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   

A little bit of both, but primarily our alliance with Israel is to keep the Muslims in check and balancing out the power in the Middle East.

If the Muslims had their way, all of Israel would belong to them.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   

A little bit of both, but primarily our alliance with Israel is to keep the Muslims in check

Heil Hitler, we must "keep the Muslims in check", just like we kept Communists in check in Vietnam. Over an incident that NEVER HAPPENED.

One country keeping control over other countries is colonial, or imperialistic. This is the goal of the US, and has been since 1948.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Do some research on the war between Sunni and Shiite Muslims and then maybe you'll start to get a better understanding of what really goes on over there. Then follow up it up with their ultimate goal of making Israel an Islamic nation.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   

If you're a new Christian, I highly recommend this website (www.gotquestions.org) for asking questions and looking up topics for ANY question that you might come up with...

"Why did God choose Israel to be His chosen people?"

www.gotquestions.org...

well duh!.....they wrote the old testament, you think they are going to believe someone besides them, are the "chosen people"? every religion has it's own worshippers being the "chosen people"...that's the "carrot"...the "stick" is eternal damnation.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   

the Bible most certainly has knowledge you can derive about God and our future in it.

It is a non-specifc 2000 year old book, written according to someone else's believes, of which you need to "un-spin" the rhetoric which can be done a million different ways. In my view, that is beyond unreliable, beyond irrational. To foretell the future! Beyond words!

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Read the Bible and you'll know what happens to the "chosen people".

Even the Old Testament includes prophecies of two thirds of them being cut off, so it's not like the Old Testament was written to give them complete advantage over all of the people of the world.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Do some research on the war between Sunni and Shiite Muslims ...

You do some research on the civil war between Catholics and Protestants in Northern Ireland instead.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Ok, so why should anybody go to the trouble of un-spinning the rhetoric of a non-specifc 2000 year old book, according to someone else's believes?
I'm not saying that. I don't think you understood my post.
What needs to be unspun is the rhetoric given out by the proxies of the Zionists, as propaganda against traditional New Testament Christianity, by preachers, especially noticeable on mainstream media, starting out with Billy Graham and up through Pat Robertson, all Dispensationalists who support foreign intervention type wars by the US, including the destruction of Iraq and the support of terrorists in Syria, all at the behest of the Zionist regime in Palestine calling itself Israel.

As for the New Testament, I believe that is the Christian Bible (as opposed to the Old Testament which is recognized by Christendom as the Jewish Bible), and that it has a spin to it, if you were able to clear your mind of a lifetime of Zionist supported mind control, that recognizes the believers in Jesus as being the "God's Chosen People" and it says so in just those terms, which the congregation of, the church, constitutes the new spiritual Israel which has inherited all the promises that were contained in the OT, with the land expanded from a province to encompass the entire world, and the sons of the promise being every single person on earth who believes.
edit on 6-7-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Why? Is that war still going on today? NO!

The war between the Sunnis and Shiites is still going on today.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Read the Bible and you'll know what happens to the "chosen people".

This "Read the Bible"-response is getting really old.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   

You asking the same questions over and over again is really getting old. What's amusing to me is that people try to explain the Bible to you and answer your questions, but you don't even understand the explanations being given, so I guess the whole point is moot.

Good luck!

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join