It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 charged in B.C. terror plot, court records indicate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

2 charged in B.C. terror plot, court records indicate

www.cbc.ca

Two people have been charged in a terror threat that police in B.C. are gearing up to release more information about.

Court records indicate Amanda Marie Korody and John Stewart Nuttall have each been charged with conspiracy to commit an indictable offence, knowingly facilitating a terrorist activity and possession of an explosive substance.

Police are expected to release more information at news conference scheduled for 11:15 a.m. PT (2:15 p.m. ET) in Surrey, B.C.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Canadian Terror

Little details as of yet, but two Canadians are being charged with terror related crimes.

There has been some political happenings in Canada in regards to the security certificate. This is essentially Canada's version of the patriot act, where this law, (The Security Certificate) allows the government to hold people indefinitely while investigating them for terror related crimes.

In this case, the two people are not being detained without charges, rather, they are being charged directly with a crime.

The last time there was heated debate about the certificates though, we saw the Toronto 18. A group of misfits being directed to commit acts of terror (or plan it at least) while their second in command was actually an RCMP (Can version of feds) agent.

So... Some might wonder about this case, and is it legitimate, or is it another attempt to justify the certificate.

www.cbc.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

If you are just coming into the thread now, there is live coverage found here:

www.cp24.com...
edit on 2-7-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
The following I transcribed realtime:

Spokesperson is thanking CSIS (Can version of Cee Eye Eh)

Asking public to bring any information of suspicious activities to the authorities. Commissioner is speaking on details of the investigation.

This has been a priority investigation for the RCMP.

Their unit is to detect and dismantle terroristic activities.

John M. conspired to place an explosive in a government facility. In connection to terrorism. Count 2 John and Amanda did knowingly facilitate terrorist activity. Count 3, did have usbtance intended to hurt or )_____.adasda..

Intended to hit the BC ligislator on national holiday.

Educated themselves to _______...

Suspects were comitted to acts of violence.

Wide variety of knowledge and techniques.

Authorities used many tactics to stop suspects and prevent them from causing harm.

" I want to emphasize. These objects were under our control. And were no threat at all. I reiterate, this devices were inert."

--------------------End transcription

Okay, sorry my writing abilities are not that great in real time.

We just heard from them that this was another terror OP. The government gave the suspects fake devices again. Very similar to the Toronto 18.

This is great. Expect this to be another major story in Canada. The authorities are saying they armed would be terorists with fake devices and they were planning to hit the legislature on a national holiday.

There is going to be a major conspiracy angle here.

They are currently saying the two possessed "Al Qeada Ideology" but the two "had no connections to them". They say this is a "very complex situation" and the two suspects were "very radicalized to violence" ... "Self radicalized"

The speakers are cutting off reporters as they as questions.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
"Our investigative techniques were meant to control and monitor the suspects. To control and ensure the devices constructed were unable to detonate and cause harm."

Saying "Both suspects were self radicalized to commit violence."

"During the investigation we were able to determine that these two individuals were inspired by Al Queda ideology."

"This is not connected to a story about John Nuttall in 2009"

"The devices were secured and seized in the outside property of the BC Legislature"

The approximate ages are 38 years for John Nuttle, and the girl is 28 or 29.

Jeremy Hansworth of AP asks, "Is this a copycat of the Boston attack?" They respond. "No there is no information to link the two attacks."

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Here is another source for the story:

ohn Stewart Nuttall and Amanda Marie Korody have each been charged with knowingly facilitating a terrorist activity, conspiracy to commit an indictable offence, and possession of an explosive substance.

Both are Canadian-born citizens.

Police would not say if they are linked to terror groups, but that the attacks were inspired by “al-Qaida ideology.”

The plot stretches back five months, police said.

A photo of “inert” explosive devices shown at the police conference seem to show pressure cookers, much like those used at the Boston Marathon bombing.

In April, police charged two men with plotting to derail a Toronto-area passenger train in an operation they say was backed by al-Qaida elements in Iran. U.S. authorities later announced visa fraud charges against a Tunisian man they said was linked to that plot.

www.torontosun.com...

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Something stinks to high hell about this and agree this is just further justification, and have to love the reference to Al-cia-da in the presser to try and get that boogyman active in the eyes of Canadians. Cause we all know people are to smart to see through there crap without throwing in the boogyman for good measure.

SaneThinking

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Well there aren't many parts to this thing that the police would control other than an explosive device and gunpowder are there?

The only way to thwart it, imo, is to be there from the very start like monitoring phone calls, emails, purchases.

I am still seething at everyone's loss of privacy. No doubt they will spin this along to justify spying on us.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
How perfectly timed wouldn't you say?

The fact the weapons were inert isn't really lucky since the whole thing was controlled to start with.

Now the media is screaming how they're so surprised there isn't much security after this..

They don't need it! The terrorist threat wasn't real.
edit on 2-7-2013 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I believe this is a tactic by the Harper/Obama wedding, (such cute newlyweds, my oh my, they should a room and leave our lands alone!!!).

Black ops/false flag in all likelihood.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
How perfectly timed wouldn't you say?

The fact the weapons were inert isn't really lucky since the whole thing was controlled to start with.

Now the media is screaming how they're so surprised there isn't much security after this..

They don't need it! The terrorist threat wasn't real.
edit on 2-7-2013 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

It's nuts, and I'm actually a little surprised Canada's entrapment laws don't forbid this kind of thing. Seems like too much coercing to be giving people the device and telling them where to put it.

I grew up in the country so I heard dozens of ill tempered, grumpy old men at various get togethers about how they are gonna do this and that. I don't think they ever would have themselves, but god knows if they had someone pushing the right buttons on them.

They were mostly a danger just to themselves and logic and reason in general...

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I was thinking of making a thread regarding this, but I'm glad you did so. This event took place where I am currently living. To which I am also glad that I am not living in the downtown area of the Captial Regional Districts... I'm also glad I wasn't downtown on Canada Day yesterday if those bombs ever went boom.

I would never think I would see something so similar to the Boston bombings almost happen so close to home, and I'm glad that the two were arrested. It's also scary seeing the similarities between the Boston bombings and as to how this event could have turned out.

It just comes to show you that you aren't safe no matter where you are... I don't think I'll tread downtown with ease anymore than I used to.

Thank you for sharing this, even though I saw it on the Times Colonist Site beforehand.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by VoidFire

It just comes to show you that you aren't safe no matter where you are... I don't think I'll tread downtown with ease anymore than I used to.

Technically you were never in danger because they armed them with inert devices. While I wouldn't say there isn't any guilt there... Even if they were under the impression what they were doing was real, I have to ask myself how much of it was coercion by their handlers and how much was them actually acting on their own.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
This makes me really angry.

Not because I'm from B.C. I'm just disappointed that Christy Clark wasn't harmed

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
reply to post by VoidFire

Technically you were never in danger because they armed them with inert devices. While I wouldn't say there isn't any guilt there... Even if they were under the impression what they were doing was real, I have to ask myself how much of it was coercion by their handlers and how much was them actually acting on their own.

I would agree as well that I wasn't in any danger, considering I never go downtown anyways. Though to add to the conspiratorial stuff, I've heard on CTV news (our Local news network) yesterday that the bombs were placed around legislature on the outside, but weren't specifying where the bombs were located before removal.

Though some other sources say that the couple were arrested with the bombs on their person...

There's definitely more sides to this story than there seems, and it smells fishy as well... this whole story does.
edit on 3-7-2013 by VoidFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Breaking new's on this.
To fill in, the couple were found guilty but a judge put the convictions aside while investigation whether they were entrapped.
The conclusion just in..the judge ruled they were in fact entrapped. These two would have trouble planning a lunch. This is huge new's.

www.ctvnews.ca...

This is straight from the courthouse so no link's yet. I will add a link to the ruling if something comes up before I have to go to work.

news.nationalpost.com...

edit on 29-7-2016 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join