It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you were Snowden, would you have done what he did?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I think this is an important question for us to ask ourselves right about now.

My answer: HELL YEAH!

If I was gifted with his skills, and in his professional position, I would feel honored as the man that can potentially change the world. I have been searching for a higher purpose in my life for a long time. Something like that would obviously be IT.

I think I would feel more alive in that transit-zone in Moscow than I have ever felt in my life.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by soulwaxer

I dont think I would ever apply for a job at the NSA, but if I did im sure I would have been aware of what kinda stuff would be going on there. This kinda stuff, spying on the public has probably been going on full force since the 40s or earlier. So my answer is I wouldnt have done what he did because id never want to work for that cause...and also in my case I already knew stuff like that was going on, so I could have told people the government is spying on them, without working there.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Yes, Most Definitely.

However, I would most certainly have worked on a much better Exit Strategy.

edit on 2-7-2013 by ShadellacZumbrum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi

I dont think I would ever apply for a job at the NSA, but if I did im sure I would have been aware of what kinda stuff would be going on there. This kinda stuff, spying on the public has probably been going on full force since the 40s or earlier. So my answer is I wouldnt have done what he did because id never want to work for that cause...and also in my case I already knew stuff like that was going on, so I could have told people the government is spying on them, without working there.

From what I've seen and read, he was interested in the job for the inside information it would give him access to. And from what we now know, his mission was obvious.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadellacZumbrum

Yes, Most Definitely.

However, I would most certainly have worked on a much better Exit Strategy.

edit on 2-7-2013 by ShadellacZumbrum because: (no reason given)

I'm still thinking that a bright young man like that would have a plan B before taking a risk like that.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Well then the government does have a right to be mad at him, and that is pretty much the equivalent of a spy or some kinda form of treason. I am glad he did what he did, and people are outraged with the info he relayed. And I know he didnt do this trick with real vital top secret information, but if the only reason he got the job there was to take secret information and relay it to the public, thats pretty...something.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Yes, But would have leaked it anonymously and would have had actual escape plan.

He pretty much jumped into the ocean to save someone but doesn't know how to swim himself.

top topics

join