It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt Masses Tanks Along Gaza Border as Coup Fears Grow

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

I don't doubt he is trying/wants to do that. I am just saying that the Turkish Military is a bigger institution and won't allow themselves to be sidelined in such a manner. Even more so, I am guessing if push comes to shove, the Turkish people will side with the Military holding up Turkey's Constitution.

I have faith in people ultimately..........

We will see which of us is more correct.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

In the meanwhile, we need to ask ourselves why Hamas' two top leaders were meeting with Erdogan in Turkey's capital on June 18th and why he's intent on visiting Gaza on July 5th.

niqnaq.wordpress.com...

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Back in Egypt (posted two hours ago)...

The Egyptian president, Mohamed Morsi, has said he will not step down as demanded by millions of protesters, vowing to protect his "constitutional legitimacy" with his life.

From the army...

The army on Tuesday also reiterated that its initial statement on Monday was not a de facto "coup".

"The doctrine and culture of the Armed Forces do not allow the adoption of any 'military-coup-based' policies. The Egyptian military always stands by the will and aspirations of the glorious Egyptian people for change and reform.

"The aim of the Armed Forces' statement is to push all political parties nationwide to quickly find solutions for the current crisis and reach a formula of national compromise that complies with the demands of the Egyptian people."

From the Muslim Brotherhood...

In response to the army deadline, Muslim Brotherhood spokesman Mohamed al-Beltagui urged Morsi’s supporters to stand ready to sacrifice their lives to prevent a coup.

"Seeking martyrdom to prevent this coup is what we can offer to the previous martyrs of the revolution," he said in a statement, a reference to more than 800 people killed during the 2011 uprising against Hosni Mubarak.

www.aljazeera.com...

<< 1   >>

join