It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt Masses Tanks Along Gaza Border as Coup Fears Grow

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Egypt Masses Tanks Along Gaza Border as Coup Fears Grow

Military Seeks to Block Hamas From Aiding Civilian Govt

Egypt’s military has ordered a large number of tanks massed in the Sinai Peninsula along the border with the Gaza Strip, a move which locals say is unprecedented in recent memory.

Under treaty, Egypt is obliged to coordinate any military operations in Sinai with Israel’s government, but it is unclear if this actually happened, and the speculation is that the deployment aims to prevent Hamas from aiding Egypt’s civilian government.

That makes the timing of the deployment particularly grim, as the military is openly threatening to launch a coup within the next 48 hours if President Mohammed Morsi doesn’t placate the opposition protesters taking to the streets in Cairo.

It looks like the Egyptian army are planning ahead so that they can minimise any conflict with the Muslim Brotherhood who are closely affiliated with Hamas.

I have found it very interesting that over the past two years there has been conflicts that have started that have enbroiled Hezbulah and now it looks like Hamas might get pre occupied with something other than Israel I wonder if this has been all auconstraited to weaken bother Hamas and Hezbulah in proxy conflicts without Israel needing to do it. Some might say that Israel and other are the creators of this proxy war. Personally I am not really sure.

I would like to say that I am proud of the Egyption peole standing up for what they want for themselves and there country. It is a very brave and couragous stand that the Egyption people are doing. I hope it all passes peacefully.

Good luck Egypt.

More Souces:-

Times of Israel
Egypt reportedly masses tanks along the Sinai-Gaza border

The Examiner
Egyptian Army issues 48 hour ultimatum to Morsi
edit on 2-7-2013 by jroduk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
this is day 0. has anyone heard anything from egypt yet as regards the military and the gov? are we experincing a blackout of info from there? we need info from people living there. is their internet down again? what's going on??

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
The protest in Egypt is crazy. What I mean is that I cannot understand how their can be a revolution to oust a corrupt leader, to bring a new one in to office, and now they want him gone and will have to restart everything. It's crazy!

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
And .......nothing will come about it.

Sure... Protest.

Then nothing.

To me, this is all "blah blah blah" to to the tenth power.

Nothing ever happens.

Not that I want somthing to happen.

But I want something to happen.

Do somthing.

Damn it.

Freakin take youre country.

Make a point.

Do some thing.

DO IT!!!!!
edit on 2-7-2013 by Frankenchrist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
The crazy thing in my opinion is the first thing Morsi did was to change the constitution to give him absolute power just like Hitler did in Germany. He was also democratically elected and look where that got them and us!

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Let us explode the world.

Let us feel what we feel.

Let us control who control us.

Let us keep it real.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Just Breaking:-

Egypt's army to suspend constitution, parliament if no deal reached - sources

Egypt's army would suspend the constitution and dissolve the parliament under a draft political road-map to be pursued if President Mohamed Morsi and the liberal opposition fail to agree by Wednesday, military sources told Reuters.

Sources in the military told Reuters that the Supreme Council of the Armed Forces (SCAF) was still discussing the details of the draft plan and said that it could be changed based on ongoing political developments and consultations.

rt.com...

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
we need boots on the ground with info on whether the egyptian people are undergoing attacks from the government. stick with me here, this will be enlightening:

stalin imposed a near perfect blockout of press related data during the world war 2 era. during this time, he starved the entire ukraine to death, in their own homes. that was like 35 million people, men women and children. it was a concentration camp of mammoth proportions. he had his military surround the ukranian borders, then wouldn't let anyone out and wouldn't let anyone in, and confiscated all their crops and seeds so they couldn't grow any new food. and he did this with the collusion of all the world powers at the time. no one knew anything about it for over 40 years.

if you know any egyptians, keep tabs on them -- ask them what is going on.

edit on 2-7-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Who would have supposed that an Arab country would be massing tanks along their border against soldiers from another Arab country?

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Yet more info:-

Haaretz

Israel agrees to Egypt troop movements in Sinai as ultimatum to Morsi nears

Israel's military said Tuesday that Egypt has moved forces into the border area near the Gaza Strip in coordination with Israel.

With unrest sweeping the country, Egypt is believed to have moved several dozen armored vehicles to the volatile border area to contain militant activity. The Israeli military gave no details.

Under a 1979 peace treaty, Egypt is required to coordinate any special military activity in the area with Israel.

In a statement Tuesday, the Israeli army said "the Egyptian military activity in Sinai is coordinated with Israeli security elements and authorized at the most senior levels in Israel, to contend with security threats in Sinai that pose a threat to both Israel and Egypt."

Violent Islamic extremists are gaining strength in Sinai, and Palestinian militants have infiltrated through tunnels from Gaza.

Earlier on Tuesday, images from Al Jazeera's Egypt news channel satellite showed troops chanting, marching and training for unarmed combat in the streets of the Red Sea city of Suez.

edit on 2-7-2013 by jroduk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by jroduk

In short..this unrest is concerning Israel.
Just securing the borders imo.
edit on 2-7-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by all2human
reply to post by jroduk

In short..this unrest in scaring Israel.

you better hope that's the reason. cause if you listen to the videos, the people are protesting lack of food. they are hungry. and now they have tanks on their borders. everybody better keep both eyes open on this one. we don't want a repeat of stalin's mass starvation of the ukrainian people. surrounding the borders of the ukraine with his army was the first thing he did after making it impossible for them to get food..

edit on 2-7-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
So is this a blame Israel thread ?

Dam those pesky Jews

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TritonTaranis

Not sure, but it would be easy enough to make it one............... Seriously this Egypt thing is huge. Not that I ever put any more faith in Nostradamus than I would a gypsy fortune teller but he did "predict" WW3 would kick off in the Middle East. Timing is about right and damned if the conditions are not right at the brink........

Scary times.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
There is a very good reason we have trained and supplied Egypt's Military so well. I think this is prudent move by them and I bet there are very good communication channels still between Israel's and Egypt's Military.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by jroduk
The crazy thing in my opinion is the first thing Morsi did was to change the constitution to give him absolute power just like Hitler did in Germany. He was also democratically elected and look where that got them and us!

Keep watching. This is the all a part of the Arab Spring or what I call the spread of "Political Islam". The Muslim Brotherhood has been trying to spread Political Islam throughout the entire Middle East from the beginning and the reason we see them in Egypt, Syria turning on Assad, and Erdogan turning his ways in Turkey. I don't know how these leaders think they're going to do it, but I think they're pretty determined to see it happen so that they can all gang up on Israel and try to push them out of their "Islamic Union".

Be watching to see if Morsi schedules any meetings with Erdogan in the near future for help.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

Be watching to see if Morsi schedules any meetings with Erdogan in the near future for help.

Turkey's Military is the same as Egypt's.... They see themselves as the ultimate guardians of a Secular Turkey. They won't let Turkey get unstable. Erdogan is more politically adept than Morsi is. I think he sees the writing on the wall with Morsi and want's EU admission as well. Even Erdogan has seen the limits of his power recently.

The Arab Spring was hijacked by those best organized, which happened to be Hardline Islamists, not interested in power sharing, Democracy, Human Rights ect... Hopefully the people will triumph. It's hard to suppress freedom once you get a taste of it.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

Erdogan is a hardline Islamist who just hasn't shown his true colors yet to his people. We'll see how long it takes before he tries to pull a Morsi, but can almost guarantee you that it's coming.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Like I said...... The Military there won't allow it. Of that, I am sure.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

Article from five days ago...

"Turkey's Erdogan seeks to further curb army power"

(Reuters) - Turkish Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan's government, which faced a wave of street protests and riots this month, moved on Thursday to amend an article of the Armed Forces charter cited by generals in the past to justify coups as defense of public order.

www.reuters.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join