It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The single most frightening experience of my life.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Much like defining negative feelings in waking life can alter the tone of the entire feeling.

Finally....something wise and well thought out from you. Just kidding, as I really enjoy your posts, whether I agree or not.

I have had these types of experiences my whole life, and still, at my ripe old age can not define them. On many occasions I am wide awake. Something grips me hard, that feeling of dread over comes me, then the messages. The last few were less traumatic as I have been in the practice of rethinking fear and doubt.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Briles1207

Sleep paralysis is a term that covers a tad more than it should, imo. I know it exists and I've had it once without any hallucinations, or dreams infringing on waking life. I just couldn't move until my brain sent the proper signals that I wasn't asleep anymore.

That said, the range of bedtime phenomena is vast. I had a friend who was raped by something invisible, for instance, and they are sure they weren't in the least bit asleep. I know that it's far more common than people imagine. Once you have an encounter with something undeniably there but without a body as we know it, everything changes.

That knowledge just usually has to come when one isn't near sleep so they can't rationalize "sleep paralysis." And I'm not saying that it isn't the primary cause of such things, just that it isn't all there is.

I simply wish that people, in general, accepted that the stuff happens and focus more on the phenomena, or what it implies about the universe. Sometimes the implications are ... nightmarish. I really can't blame them, barring a personal encounter, for rationalizing it away.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I had an experience with sp when I was about 16 years old. I woke in the middle of the night and I was laying on my back which is unusual for me to begin with as I am a "side sleeper". My bed was impossibly small my arms legs and head were all hanging off from the bed. The room starting spinning faster and faster, I couldn't move a muscle or say a word yet I was full conscience. I had a feeling of being watched the entire time and every time my bed passed my doorway I could vaguely make out the figure of a man but it was pitch black like a "shadow person" I guess you could call it. Eventually I worked up enough strength to let out a loud scream and when I did everything snapped back to reality. I must have screamed and not just moaned as you mention you did because it was enough to wake my grandfather down the hall and he came running to check on me. It too was the most frightening experience of my life and nothing like it has ever happened to me since.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Briles1207
reply to post by PtolemyII

How do you yourself protect yourself against this??

I use the scientific methods but would be interested to know how you went about it?

You will find two kinds of people who are targeted this way .
One, is they are afraid ,and try to explain it rationally .
The other is,they recognise it ,and learn to protect yourself .

Many people in the second category ,end up practicing "witchcraft".
I am in the latter category . I had all kinds of things occur all through my life ,and it put me on that path .
I didn't dabble,but immersed myself in it ,and its become a part of every day life
I learned very early ,that there is a boogeyman . I dont question it . I cannot be bothered to argue the alleged reasons it doesn't exist .

I've found ,there are just two kinds of people.
Ones who see,and ones who dont.
No matter how much expounding you do ,to convince one side ,the opposite belief is invalid ,it will not change their mind .
I believe the occult just cannot yet be measured by means the scientific community has at its disposal .
So,I have a long history of practicing various forms of magic ,ritual etc.
If its not something that resounds with you ,you may be reticent to attempt this form of banishing .
As it is a banishment .

edit on 7/4/13 by PtolemyII because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by LABTECH767

I have rare,uncontrolled OOBE .I have been told I am "grounded" this life time.
I abused it before,so I am not allowed . Or so I've been told. I can count absolute OOBE I've had,on one hand .

I had one during an acupuncture session ,if you can imagine that .
My demonic encounters have never coincided with any of that . I have had many encounters with bad stuff.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by PtolemyII

reply to post by PtolemyII

How do you yourself protect yourself against this??

I use the scientific methods but would be interested to know how you went about it?

You will find two kinds of people who are targeted this way .
One, is they are afraid ,and try to explain it rationally .
The other is,they recognise it ,and learn to protect yourself .

Many people in the second category ,end up practicing "witchcraft".
I am in the latter category . I had all kinds of things occur all through my life ,and it put me on that path .
I didn't dabble,but immersed myself in it ,and its become a part of every day life
I learned very early ,that there is a boogeyman . I dont question it . I cannot be bothered to argue the alleged reasons it doesn't exist .

I've found ,there are just two kinds of people.
Ones who see,and ones who dont.
No matter how much expounding you do ,to convince one side ,the opposite belief is invalid ,it will not change their mind .
I believe the occult just cannot yet be measured by means the scientific community has at its disposal .
So,I have a long history of practicing various forms of magic ,ritual etc.
If its not something that resounds with you ,you may be reticent to attempt this form of banishing .
As it is a banishment .

edit on 7/4/13 by PtolemyII because: (no reason given)

When you say "targeted", by what exactly? If it is something knowingly subjecting me to it, what would it be gaining/ trying to achieve?

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
This is kind of relevant... I've had a lot of experiences that were definitely paranormal and I'm okay with that, there are people who don't believe in it and that's ok, I won't waste my breath debating.. But I had one experience that was similar to some of the ones listed here, although it wasn't scary and didn't last long and to this day I can't say if it was paranormal or just some form of sleep paralysis. I mentioned it briefly in another thread, along with several other experiences.

So anyway, this was back when I was living with my (now ex) girlfriend. One night she had a little too much to drink and had passed out on the couch and wouldn't move. I don't think I had drank anything that night but I honestly can't remember, I'm pretty sure I had just got home from work when this happened. Anyway after trying and failing to get her to come back to the bed with me, I went by myself and fell asleep. I was dreaming, but I don't remember what the dream was. Suddenly a voice that seemed completely external to the dream (and in fact drowned out everything in the dream) yelled out my name. It sounded like my girlfriend, and it startled me awake. I was of course groggy and as I called out to her from the bedroom I was realizing the voice would pretty much have to have come from the same room as me to be that loud and that clear. But I walked into the living room to check on her, and she was still passed out. I scratched my head and went back to sleep.

Now for the weirder(?) part. I was just talking to her two days ago about some of the weird stuff that used to happen, and she seems to have blocked a lot of things out because she really doesn't deal with "paranormal" things very well. I reminded her of some of the things she told me back then because she was actually talking to me about it instead of freaking out or pretending it didn't happen at all, and some of them she laughed off and said she had since rationalized the experience to be in her head. That is her defense mechanism from things she doesn't understand. But when I brought that particular experience of mine up, she told me that the guy who now helps look after her son often says he hears "her" call out his name from the other room, and he will go see what she wants and she has no clue what he's talking about.

For what it's worth (hearsay, not verified), during this conversation she also mentioned that the neighbor was told by the old woman who used to live in the house that someone had died there.

When you say "targeted", by what exactly? If it is something knowingly subjecting me to it, what would it be gaining/ trying to achieve?

I can't speak for Ptolemy's knowledge or opinon but in my experience with a negative entity I believe it was feeding off my emotions, specifically anger and fear.
edit on 5-7-2013 by duke396 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Briles1207

It's nothing anyone does purposefully. If you're sensitive,they know it ,so they are attracted to us.
They strive to frighten and confuse us.
If you can send them packing ,you are a threat to them .
I suggest reading the books of Allan Kardec .
His books on spirits and meduimship go into it .
His take on it ,is very similar to how the spirit world is viewed by Buddhists and Hindus as well.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I've been dealing with a similar experience to this my whole life basically. It actually hasn't happened in almost a year, but about a year ago it happened at least once a year, every year, and every time I could sense an 'entity' (I don't use the term spirit because I don't consider myself a spiritual person.) or 'ghost' possibly, nearby. It hasn't bothered me in some time but, then again, almost a year ago, I had quite possibly the most frightening experience of my life, which was tenfold what the OP experienced.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Visceral
I would recommend anyone to practice keeping the mind aware while the body sleeps. It first happened to me by chance, but I have been practicing ever since. An out of body experience ( or lucid dream) can be such a great experience!

I wholeheartedly agree. I myself was in much the same situation - facing both nightmares every night and frequent sleep paralysis.

Nightmares used to visit me in my sleep everynight. After a while going through my sophomore year of study at the community college I attend I started having ominous dreams - the kind where I would wake up finding my whole body drenched in sweat.

The thing that was crazy was that my ordeal was frequently the same: I would be climbing the stairs when suddenly smoke would surround me. Then I would wake up wide-eyed and horrified at 4 AM in the morning.

It sounds ridiculous now, but back then I shuddered at the thought of getting rest. I would try the craziest sleep schedules to avoid having nightmares, but I frequently lost the battle against my need for sleep.

In any case following a ominous nightmare I decided to browsing Reddit in search of possible therapies when I discovered the phenomenon of lucid dreaming. I stumbled upon various electronic "guides" with many methods for lucid dreaming. But, after attempting them methods for over three months I still had no restraint over my nightmares. I then stumbled upon a product evaluation on one course: www.reviewspanel.com... - and due to exasperation spent money it. Doing so was an amazing choice. After around four months I noticed great dominance over my dreams. I conclude that my success is due to the strong audio tracks in the Lucid Dreaming Fast Track guide.

In any case, hope the guide helps.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   
What you said about forcing the entitys off of you reminded me of a sleep paralysis/astral projection experience i had.

I was about 18 at the time, and up to this point, ive had plenty of sleep paralysis, enough to where i wasnt always fearful, and i could just take a few deep breaths, go back to sleep, or wake up.
This particular time, i had fallen asleep on my couch. And woke up paralyzed, to this black mass floating next to me. So i did what anyone would do, and freaked out. After a few seconds of trying to move, i shot up out of my body, and zoomed the the other side of the room(this was only my second time astral projecting). Well this thing turned to face me, and i could barely make out its features. It was all black, But it had two red eyes. And it seemed like it was wearing a cloak.

Well after it turned to face me, it started moving towards me, so i just put my arms out to stop it, and i started pushing it back, thinking things like "get the f#€£ out of my house". After a few seconds of pushing it, it dissapeared, and i fell foward, and then got sucked right back into my body, and imedeatly woke up with a burst of energy.

Normally, id say this was a dream, but i never remember all of my dreams, just bits and pieces of them. But i remember all of this like it just happened(but that still doesnt mean it wasnt a dream. I like to be a skeptic of everything including my own experiences.)

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I had some pretty terrifying sleep paralysis over many years. Most of the time this was sensing a presence in the room with me. Occasionally i thought i saw something; a few times it was a woman in black walking past my bedroom door etc.

The worst experience was not only sensing the usual dark/evil presence and hearing the breathing, but then also feeling 'it' grab me around my ankles and try to pull me out of my bed. There was no more sleep had that night.

After that i starting researching it, because i simply couldnt believe that it could be real, and came across what sleep paralysis was. Ever since then i no longer rationalise my paralysis with a presence or anything else; instead i am aware of the paralysis and simply wait to wake up fully.

Also interesting, once i knew about it i realised that many people in my family have experienced it. My dad did many times, but he always thought he was lying down 'wrong' or something and couldnt move. A cousin who lives in another country believe it is a demon that sits on his chest at night and doesnt let him move.

I also used to sleep walk as a child very very often; well i say as a child, i might still do it now but i wouldnt know lol. I dont discount that some people might be more susceptible to this kind of thing than others, nor that 'sleep paralysis' may be a rationalisation for something else, but for now it works for me.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join