It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge allows Yoga in Public schools, rejects Church-State Fight

page: 18
<< 15  16  17   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
God Please do bless America with such idiotic Churches opposing to a simplest and purest form of exercise not requiring any expensive equipments and/or a membership

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Egg painting is a ancient tradition very much rooted in religion. ancient sumerians used painted and decorated eggs for grave tribute, ancient Egyptians scribed wishes and such on eggs and had it collect morning light/blessings from Ra, etc. Christians use it as a symbol of a few random things, empty tomb and the like...resurrection, but frankly, if you remove all the religious stuff, its just colorful fun eggs. Kids painting eggs probably don't need to meditate on Ra in order to appreciate egg coloring.

Not all Christians turn a blind eye to customs and traditions that are steeped in pagan beliefs. As a Christian I would refuse to participate in any type of egg painting at Easter time due to the pagan origin of this practice.
My objection to such an activity in no way affects any one else's beliefs and I have no objection to others doing it if they want to.
No one should be forced or compelled to participate in an activity like this if it clashes with their conscience or deeply help religious beliefs. The same holds true for Yoga.
edit on 7/10/2013 by Sparky63 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Egg painting is a ancient tradition very much rooted in religion. ancient sumerians used painted and decorated eggs for grave tribute, ancient Egyptians scribed wishes and such on eggs and had it collect morning light/blessings from Ra, etc. Christians use it as a symbol of a few random things, empty tomb and the like...resurrection, but frankly, if you remove all the religious stuff, its just colorful fun eggs. Kids painting eggs probably don't need to meditate on Ra in order to appreciate egg coloring.

Not all Christians turn a blind eye to customs and traditions that are steeped in pagan beliefs. As a Christian I would refuse to participate in any type of egg painting at Easter time due to the pagan origin of this practice.
My objection to such an activity in no way affects any one else's beliefs and I have no objection to others doing it if they want to.
No one should be forced or compelled to participate in an activity like this if it clashes with their conscience or deeply help religious beliefs. The same holds true for Yoga.
edit on 7/10/2013 by Sparky63 because: (no reason given)

Not all Christians turn a blind eye to the study of comparative mysticism scholarship. Yes, Christianity has mysticism. As a Christian I deny ignorance and study this field and other comparative fields, and as a result I gained insights that allow me to make progress towards overcoming the sort of exoteric us-vs-them prejudice and dogmatism that grips many Christians.

I agree that no one should be forced or compelled to participate in an activity like this if it clashes with their conscience or deeply help religious beliefs. However I do object to stagnant religious prejudice and dogmatism and knee-jerk man-on-the-street theology and social mechanisms, taboo, norms.

edit on 11-7-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
sorry for the bump but yoga is a method. like working a computer. if you know how toworka pc you can work it, the pc doesn't care if your christian or not. yoga is a technology, a technology to increase your receptivity. with the right sadhana something very powerful can happen with you. this school yoga is probably just asanas. no kryia work

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17   >>

join