It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Which should I worry about more?

page: 4
4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion
 


I don't know why government is in the business of sanctioning marriage in the first place. That should be left to pastors and justices of the peace.




posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion
 


So is that why China gobbles up most of the Iraqi oil?



posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion
 





government to determine what we can do in our bedrooms
You use this phrase much in this thread. imo GOD does not have a problem so much with what we do in our bedrooms as much as what we do in the church and what we just accepted as a norm. I truly believe that we live out punishment for past lives and that was one of the means of punishment and since we have embraced it as a whole now we are no longer serving a spiritual purpose. The u.s. will completely fail within 3 yrs. History says we will not stand now and now we have to choose. It's hard to understand that if we accept Jesus we will not be punished for the acts that caused our end but once we have no way to grow spiritually then changes must be made. It is easy to find fault in GOD'S system but we are here to grow through suffering. It is the pride that finished us off.



posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by AQuestion
 


I don't know why government is in the business of sanctioning marriage in the first place. That should be left to pastors and justices of the peace.


Dear NOTurTypical,

I go a little further. I don't believe anyone other than God sanctions marriage. I don't do marriages, I do lots of funerals; but, have no wish to do marriages. I will celebrate a couple who choose to be together; but, that is all it is. You don't need someone else to tell you if you are married. Marriage is a lifetime commitment to another person. Why should I need to get a "license" from the government to commit myself to another? That is my point in part. The other part is, how can you prevent two men or two women from making that commitment? You cannot and they don't need us to recognize it. People are focused on the wrong things and are giving way to much respect towards government in determining what we can and cannot do.

I have to apologize for something. I had a bit of heat stroke a couple of days ago and do not believe I have been clear enough in my writing. If I had my choice between stopping war and stopping people from having homosexual sex, the answer is easy. I would stop war. I also believe abortion is murder; but, I cannot do anything to prevent it unless we are willing to physically restrain women and force them to have children, we cannot stop abortions. We can stop war and that is where I think we should focus. My opinion.



posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by AQuestion
 


So is that why China gobbles up most of the Iraqi oil?


Dear NOTurTypical,

Think about it. We want cheap goods from China, they cannot do that if they do not have oil. Why are we still in Afghanistan? By the way, it is about minerals that are needed to make our cell phones and apparently keeping Heroin available. We are in these places because they benefit a perceived national interest.



posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion
 


But you can't stop either. Even the bible says there is a time for peace and a time for war. God both sets up rulers and removes them. As far as homos go, I feel that they can answer for themselves on judgment day just like the rest of us. That sin isn't any worse than the guy who steals or the other guy who beats his wife.



edit on 2-7-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by AQuestion
 


So is that why China gobbles up most of the Iraqi oil?


Dear NOTurTypical,

Think about it. We want cheap goods from China, they cannot do that if they do not have oil. Why are we still in Afghanistan? By the way, it is about minerals that are needed to make our cell phones and apparently keeping Heroin available. We are in these places because they benefit a perceived national interest.


All wars in human history have been about national interest. From the dawn of creation. I'm a veteran so I have quite a different perspective obviously. Evil exists and must be dealt with sometimes with force when diplomacy fails.



posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick
reply to post by AQuestion
 





government to determine what we can do in our bedrooms
You use this phrase much in this thread. imo GOD does not have a problem so much with what we do in our bedrooms as much as what we do in the church and what we just accepted as a norm. I truly believe that we live out punishment for past lives and that was one of the means of punishment and since we have embraced it as a whole now we are no longer serving a spiritual purpose. The u.s. will completely fail within 3 yrs. History says we will not stand now and now we have to choose. It's hard to understand that if we accept Jesus we will not be punished for the acts that caused our end but once we have no way to grow spiritually then changes must be made. It is easy to find fault in GOD'S system but we are here to grow through suffering. It is the pride that finished us off.


Dear deadeyedick,

I agree and that is what I am saying. Not what we do in church, what we do as a church because a church is just the body of believers. The churches are more concerned about laws and not enough about spirituality. The United States has already failed, people just haven't all of the consequences. We failed because we stopped working together and stopped caring about one another. We stopped loving God and our neighbor. We have turned our hearts from God and one another. Many would like to point at gay marriage; but, really I think we need to take responsibility for our lack of morals.

If the Supreme Court had allowed California to outlaw gay marriage, guess what? The country would still be headed down the tubes. Our industries are corrupt, our regulators are owned by the industries and our leaders do not believe in sovereignty. We need to focus on these things so that we can change them. By Christians convincing themselves that all our nations problems are because of gay marriage, they let all our problems fester and continue. I was disappointed in christians who laughed at the occupy movement and then joined the tea party. We are all in this together and we are all being cheated and we need to focus on the things that matter to all of us and our nation.



posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by AQuestion
 


But you can't stop either. Even the bible says there is a time for peace and a time for war. God both sets up rulers and removes them. As far as homos go, I feel that they can answer for themselves on judgment day just like the rest of us. That sin isn't any worse than the guy who steals or the other guy who beats his wife.



edit on 2-7-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)


Dear NOTurTypical,

That is what I am trying to say. We need to get ourselves right.



posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 


Dear NOTurTypical,



All wars in human history have been about national interest. From the dawn of creation. I'm a veteran so I have quite a different perspective obviously. Evil exists and must be dealt with sometimes with force when diplomacy fails.


I come from a military family, was Navy ROTC and did a paper on "Conduct unbecoming and officer and a gentleman" while in Law School and the professor was a JAG. I was real gung ho. I had 4 members of my family in the middle east at the same time and they all did multiple tours. The highest ranking was a Colonel and the lowest a private. I became a pacifist about 7 years ago and only started preaching two years ago. I don't think I could do a sermon on why we need to go kill a bunch of people in a foreign country.

Being a pacifist is the hardest thing in the world if you are a Christian. It means you leave up to God. I studied interrogation skills as a kid and believe if I had gone into that business, they would have talked and told the truth. I was a heartless, cold, self-determined person. I never want to be that person again and believe God saved from being worse.



posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion
 


I agree that we have been on a downward spiral for many reasons but what i am asserting is that we have crossed a boundary set up long ago and there is no turning back now. Our only hope now is that we are not to contrite in our new age lives to bow to Christ soon. All the pieces are in place and no one can put off any longer what is to come.



posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick
reply to post by AQuestion
 


I agree that we have been on a downward spiral for many reasons but what i am asserting is that we have crossed a boundary set up long ago and there is no turning back now. Our only hope now is that we are not to contrite in our new age lives to bow to Christ soon. All the pieces are in place and no one can put off any longer what is to come.


Dear deadeyedick,

The boundary is that we care more about ourselves than community. It is pride and selfishness. The biggest threat facing us is genetic engineering. We are playing God. It is soon to be legal in England to have two biological mothers and one father. That is a fact and some children have already been born with those genetics.



posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion
Should I worry more about one of my kids being gay or a drug addict? Do you understand the question? Should I worry more about them killing someone, even if government applauded, or being gay?
edit on 2-7-2013 by AQuestion because: Mi# key


Don't really want either, gays and drug addicts are at a huge risk for HIV because of their life style.



posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion
 


Damn right. This does seem to be an American hang up though. Abortion and Gay marriage seem to stoke up such emotion in Americans. This is not the case in the UK. We realise there are far more important things in the world to get in a fluster about, crumbling economies, failure of the Eurozone, chaos in the Middle East. Corrupt politicians and paedophile rings. Some get a bit angry about the gay marriage thing, but not many. Not when faced with other more pressing issues, here and abroad.



posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Superhans

Originally posted by AQuestion
Should I worry more about one of my kids being gay or a drug addict? Do you understand the question? Should I worry more about them killing someone, even if government applauded, or being gay?
edit on 2-7-2013 by AQuestion because: Mi# key


Don't really want either, gays and drug addicts are at a huge risk for HIV because of their life style.


Dear Superhans,

Then I guess I should worry about them being straight because that is how AIDS is primarily passed anymore. Check out the stats from Africa.
edit on 3-7-2013 by AQuestion because: wording



posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
reply to post by AQuestion
 


Damn right. This does seem to be an American hang up though. Abortion and Gay marriage seem to stoke up such emotion in Americans. This is not the case in the UK. We realise there are far more important things in the world to get in a fluster about, crumbling economies, failure of the Eurozone, chaos in the Middle East. Corrupt politicians and paedophile rings. Some get a bit angry about the gay marriage thing, but not many. Not when faced with other more pressing issues, here and abroad.


Dear woodwardjnr,

800,000 protested in France against gay marriage; but, they continue to allow free immigration from Arabia. Western Europe is done, they have no birth rate and believe nothing. I know their stats. Europe's birth rate is so low that they won't even be the same people in ten years.



posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Superhans

Originally posted by AQuestion
Should I worry more about one of my kids being gay or a drug addict? Do you understand the question? Should I worry more about them killing someone, even if government applauded, or being gay?
edit on 2-7-2013 by AQuestion because: Mi# key


Don't really want either, gays and drug addicts are at a huge risk for HIV because of their life style.


That makes your choice of a name even more ironic.



posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion
 


Okay, you said you would "leave it up to God", correct? A simple glance of the old and new testaments shows you that God allows and sends wars. I'm not a pacifist at all because it's a sin to know right and not do it. And quite often evil rulers need force to remove them.



posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion
 

as I know your government applauds both being a gay and killing other nations in the name of freedom !
but if your boy feels that he is a gay, it depends. it may be nothing important. or it maybe so important that you should consult a Doctor, it may be because of hormone imbalance. or because of indoctrination !!!



posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion

Originally posted by Superhans

Originally posted by AQuestion
Should I worry more about one of my kids being gay or a drug addict? Do you understand the question? Should I worry more about them killing someone, even if government applauded, or being gay?
edit on 2-7-2013 by AQuestion because: Mi# key


Don't really want either, gays and drug addicts are at a huge risk for HIV because of their life style.


Dear Superhans,

Then I guess I should worry about them being straight because that is how AIDS is primarily passed anymore. Check out the stats from Africa.
edit on 3-7-2013 by AQuestion because: wording


Oh you have african children? No... gays and drug addicts number one source f AIDS, its a fact get over it
edit on 3-7-2013 by Superhans because: (no reason given)



new topics

top topics



 
4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

log in

join