It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which should I worry about more?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion
Should I worry more about one of my kids being gay or a drug addict? Do you understand the question? Should I worry more about them killing someone, even if government applauded, or being gay?
edit on 2-7-2013 by AQuestion because: Mi# key

God doesn't grade sin on a curve. There is either sin or righteousness.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnBlack
reply to post by AQuestion

Is this the same child? Is he gay AND a drug addict?

If so, I would imagine the chances of him contracting AIDS is exceptionally high!! Worry about that!!!

Is my question really that complicated? Clearly killing and sex are different, can you not see that?

What are you going on about? You are a preacher, you know full well that humans grade sins, God doesn't.

Sin is sin and seperates us from God.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Should I worry more about one of my kids being gay or a drug addict? Do you understand the question? Should I worry more about them killing someone, even if government applauded, or being gay?

Your questions are vague and can be circumstantial. I mean what kind of drugs are you referring to? If my son was a habitual pot smoker, I could care less, but if he was shooting up heroin I'd be more than a little upset about it. As far as the government sanctioned killing, what if there was another government (country) that was invading this one and we had to defend our homeland? I know this isn't the case currently, but I'm trying to speak hypothetically.

Though I think I do get your point. I wouldn't care if my child was gay.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
The thing I would worry about most is your thought process in creating this thread.

Second line

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
The logic is twisted. we were born sinners. Do you really believe someone can be born gay and someone else not be born a natural born killer or an addict and they just "fell in with the wrong crowd". People need to wake up.
edit on 2-7-2013 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Well if my kid was gay I'd be more worried about how to snap he/she back to reality. I'd be more worried about persevering my bloodline. Do you want to be a grandparent? Or maybe even a great-grandparent. But with a set of gay children how is that possible? I don't think I'd ever be able to sleep if I had to worry about that.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by RealTruthSeeker

No need to worry! You can use Electro Shock Therapy if your son is gay or Corrective Rape if your daughter is a lesbian!

Unfortunately you will probably also lose your child/children whilst you try to "snap them back to reality", he/she will most probably hate you for the rest of your miserable life and who could possibly blame them?

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by wiser3

edit on 2-7-2013 by Briles1207 because: replied to wrong poster

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealTruthSeeker
Well if my kid was gay I'd be more worried about how to snap he/she back to reality. I'd be more worried about persevering my bloodline. Do you want to be a grandparent? Or maybe even a great-grandparent. But with a set of gay children how is that possible? I don't think I'd ever be able to sleep if I had to worry about that.

So if it was a choice between your child living in misery under the guise of hetrosexuality, or you being a grandparent, which would you choose?

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by wiser3

Unfortunately you will probably also lose your child/children whilst you try to "snap them back to reality", he/she will most probably hate you for the rest of your miserable life and who could possibly blame them?

I doubt it. The problem is that parents these days are to darn soft. They let their kids do whatever they want. The parents are no longer the teacher, the kids are. It's sad.

Kids are growing up gay because the parents allow it. They don't spot it at the first stages, they just let it go and say "oh, it's ok baby".

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Briles1207

So if it was a choice between your child living in misery under the guise of hetrosexuality, or you being a grandparent, which would you choose?

Grandparent. If I taught my kids about the "birds & bees" and they didn't listen, then to be honest, they'll just have to live with that misery. I tried to tell them, but they wouldn't listen.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I hope you never reproduce.

Not just for your kids sake, but for us as a species.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

I've got 3 girls here, 7,5 and 1 and they already know (well, not the 1 year old) the difference. They got gay uncles (not from my side) and the question has come up why they are like that. It's a hard question to answer, nevertheless, I keep it honest by saying "because they are happy".

As far as species go, your joking right. How long could a species of homosexuals last
? I mean seriously, that species would only last if they did what they hated the most, sleep with the opposite sex. Imagine growing up in a gay community ,and then one day your parents say "I need you to sleep with him/her so we could preserve the community" it would be torture for them.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Oh no, you arent dragging me into it.

I refuse to get into a battle of wits with someone who is un-armed.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Oh no, you arent dragging me into it.

I refuse to get into a battle of wits with someone who is un-armed.

I don't get what your saying

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   

I've got 3 girls here, 7,5 and 1 and they already know (well, not the 1 year old) the difference. They got gay uncles (not from my side) and the question has come up why they are like that. It's a hard question to answer, nevertheless, I keep it honest by saying "because they are happy".

As far as species go, your joking right. How long could a species of homosexuals last
? I mean seriously, that species would only last if they did what they hated the most, sleep with the opposite sex. Imagine growing up in a gay community ,and then one day your parents say "I need you to sleep with him/her so we could preserve the community" it would be torture for them.

No you must be joking, because no matter how many homosexuals there are on the planet, the majority of humans are hetero and just because it is more in the open these days DOES NOT mean it is becoming more widespread. Therefore our species (no matter how many gays come out of the closet) is in no danger of dieing off. Also homosexuality has nothing to do with parenting, If you were to spot possible homosexual leanings early in a child's life, you'd have to be supporting gender stereotypes and gender stereotypes have little if anything to do with a person being gay or not.

Your argument is super selfish, you care more about continuing your bloodline than you do your own child's happiness. A true parent should care that their child is happy first and foremost. If you are really worried about your bloodline, have multiple children. Odds are that most of them will be straight anyways.
edit on 2-7-2013 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   

reply to post by JohnBlack

Dear JohnBlack,

I am completely straight. Should I worry more about people having sex or killing people? I like the question and await the answers.

Try not to worry about either. What will be will be. No point spending your life worrying about things you can't control. Unless you enjoy worrying that is?

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Krazysh0t

No you must be joking, because no matter how many homosexuals there are on the planet, the majority of humans are hetero and just because it is more in the open these days DOES NOT mean it is becoming more widespread. Therefore our species (no matter how many gays come out of the closet) is in no danger of dieing off. Also homosexuality has nothing to do with parenting, If you were to spot possible homosexual leanings early in a child's life, you'd have to be supporting gender stereotypes and gender stereotypes have little if anything to do with a person being gay or not.

Your argument is super selfish, you care more about continuing your bloodline than you do your own child's happiness. A true parent should care that their child is happy first and foremost. If you are really worried about your bloodline, have multiple children. Odds are that most of them will be straight anyways.
edit on 2-7-2013 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

I care about my children's happiness, if later in life they chose that route then it's on them. I'm simply stating that as a parent if I see that type of behavior in the early stages then I'm going to do my best to stop it. What's wrong with that?

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Anyone who is so scared of gays seriously needs to examine their own sexuality. I'd certainly rather have a gay kid than a drug dealing one or a christian (both are pedlars of misery).
edit on 2-7-2013 by DPrice because: typo

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   

worry about worry too much.....

seriously...your kids don't belong to you. All you are, is basically taking care of some humans til they are grown and go off on their own.....

Fate + Destiny = There is not much you can do. If they will be gay or drug addicts, then that is what they will be.

Their not yours.....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join