Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Which should I worry about more?

page: 1
4
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Should I worry more about one of my kids being gay or a drug addict? Do you understand the question? Should I worry more about them killing someone, even if government applauded, or being gay?
edit on 2-7-2013 by AQuestion because: Mi# key




posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Good question....!?



posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnBlack
 


Dear JohnBlack,

I am completely straight. Should I worry more about people having sex or killing people? I like the question and await the answers.



posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion
 


Is this the same child? Is he gay AND a drug addict?

If so, I would imagine the chances of him contracting AIDS is exceptionally high!! Worry about that!!!



posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I think i know what you're getting at here...

Obviously, one should worry about the more serious things (i.e. drug use and murder) more than being homosexual. This much should be clear to many people...

The target audience of this forum (mostly Christians) though will probably reply with a statement suggesting that all of the options listed are equally as worrisome...
edit on 2-7-2013 by daaskapital because: sp



posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion
 


Does anyone on here feel like finding out which one is statiscally more dangerous, that might be helpful in deciding this one.



posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnBlack
reply to post by AQuestion
 


Is this the same child? Is he gay AND a drug addict?

If so, I would imagine the chances of him contracting AIDS is exceptionally high!! Worry about that!!!


Is my question really that complicated? Clearly killing and sex are different, can you not see that?



posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion
 



Is my question really that complicated? Clearly killing and sex are different, can you not see that?


Sex can kill, so what are you talking about?

You should be praying for both of them.



posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Ridiculous troll.



posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by AQuestion
 



Is my question really that complicated? Clearly killing and sex are different, can you not see that?


Sex can kill, so what are you talking about?

You should be praying for both of them.


Dear Deetermined,

"Sex can kill", will you never have sex again? One has the intent to kill, it is called war. Did you ever intend to kill someone by having sex with them? You confuse me.



posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion
 


I think that your child, if he or she were to be gay, would grow up quite a balanced individual considering some of your posts that I have read concerning homosexuals!
I would be more worried if my child were a drug addict if I were you, being gay but growing up with support from your parents only makes you stronger and ready to deal with prejudice and hatred! I know it helped me, if my parents had turned their back on me at a time when I needed them the most I probably would have turned to drugs as so many gay people did, not to help them escape from the fact that they were gay but to try and escape from the hurt others rain down on gay people!
edit on 2/7/13 by wiser3 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion
 


What's confusing? You should be praying for the protection of your gay students against sexual disease. No different than praying for your drug addicted students to overcome their addiction.

What I find disturbing is that you automatically connect drug addiction with killing. I'm only saying that some of the partners that your gay students may be having sex with might not all be well intentioned either.



posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion
Should I worry more about one of my kids being gay or a drug addict? Do you understand the question? Should I worry more about them killing someone, even if government applauded, or being gay?
edit on 2-7-2013 by AQuestion because: Mi# key


I appreciate the question, and get your point but your trying to weigh things against each other that have no comparison.

Like should you be more worried about your kid being murdered or driving and being in a car accident. One is statistically more probable yet an acceptable risk. You cant really draw anything meaningful from it.

I would argue as long as my kid is happy being gay I would support him, but what if hes happy being an addict also, does that warrant support? I could argue as long as he is safe I would be happy but if I lived in a country like Pakistan or Afghan then yes I would worry about his safety. Same for an addict many things are more dangerous than the drug addiction in its self's. Funnily one of the biggest dangers of addiction is, IMO, as a culture we have prohibition.

I think that people over hype this, gay, straight or A sexual is just a label. People should get over it some people like different things and have different tastes. As long as no one is getting hurt there is no harm done, and frankly none of my business.



posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by AQuestion
 


What's confusing? You should be praying for the protection of your gay students against sexual disease. No different than praying for your drug addicted students to overcome their addiction.



What about the "opaite masses" addiction ? I pray they will overcome that too



posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by wiser3
reply to post by AQuestion
 


I think that your child, if he or she were to be gay, would grow up quite a balanced individual considering some of your posts that I have read concerning homosexuals!
I would be more worried if my child were a drug addict if I were you, being gay but growing up with support from your parents only makes you stronger and ready to deal with prejudice and hatred! I know it helped me, if my parents had turned their back on me at a time when I needed them the most I probably would have turned to drugs as so many gay people did, not to help them escape from the fact that they were gay but to try and escape from the hurt others rain down on gay people!
edit on 2/7/13 by wiser3 because: (no reason given)


Dear wiser3,

Thank you. I had two of my kids get on drugs, one prescription and the other meth. I hate meth, I would have rather she be a lesbian, they are all straight. Atheists may attack me for being a believer, "christians" may attack me for loving my brother; but, I don't change. I am me. I think that is all God ever asked us to be, he created us with free will to choose what and who we are. I choose to love others, I think he is okay with that. I know I am, I have seen the other side and cannot do it anymore because I don't want to.

I am sorry you had a hard time for being gay. Heck, everyone has a hard time, that is life. Stick to being whoever you choose to be and I still have to love you, that is what Jesus told me. Love your neighbor as yourself. I try everyday and gays are not that hard for me to love. My family has many government sanctioned killers, I was sanctioned too, I chose not to. I never understood it, my family and friends were all government sanctioned killers and I scared them. I never got it. They knew I would never forgive myself and do it with less regret as I did it.

You know, I have never been attracted to men, not my thing. I was attracted to killing when government sanctioned. Today, I would rather be with another man than kill someone, and I am still repulsed by the thought of me being with a man, I really like women. I had a woman I dated, who was straight, tell me how she had kissed another woman at some club to turn men on. I told her I found it disgusting. I don't have a problem with lesbians and they happen to like me for some reason that is beyond me. I find the idea of the love of my life, a female, loving me overwhelming. I don't find the idea of two women in bed with me attractive at all.

I dated a young woman, she offered me oral sex on the second date. She was very attractive and responsible. I told her no, I was looking for a relationship, not sex. I expect the same response from the gays in our congregation, I expect them to love their lovers with all their heart. I expect them to love their neighbor as themselves. I am an equal opportunity jerk. LOL. I don't know of anyone that God does not love, I only know of people that do not love their neighbor as themselves and I beg them to love their neighbor. Let everyone hate me.



posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by AQuestion
 


What's confusing? You should be praying for the protection of your gay students against sexual disease. No different than praying for your drug addicted students to overcome their addiction.

What I find disturbing is that you automatically connect drug addiction with killing. I'm only saying that some of the partners that your gay students may be having sex with might not all be well intentioned either.



Dear Deetermined,

I pray for everyone. Who should I not pray for? I am sorry that you find my thinking the 10 commandments should come first. If you don't meet them then the rest doesn't matter, if you wish to be legalistic.



posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion
 


What I want to know is how you turned drug addicts into automatic killers and murderers?

Then somewhere down the line, you changed it to government killings in an effort to evade what you originally posted.



posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by AQuestion
 


What I want to know is how you turned drug addicts into automatic killers and murderers?

Then somewhere down the line, you changed it to government killings in an effort to evade what you originally posted.


Dear Deetermined

I never changed anything I said. My children stopped taking the drugs because they knew they were loved. Gays don't stop being gay because their parents love them. Get it? When you go to God's judgement, what do you want to say? Did you hate murderers, fags (please let me keep this term here dear moderators) or do you love your neighbor as yourself? Who do you hate and who do you love or do leave it for God to judge?



posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion
 


I don't hate anyone.

You're the one who labeled drug addicts as killers.

It looks to me like you're trying to backpedal.



posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion
 


Forgive me if I misunderstood your original post, as it was very poorly written.

Were you trying to compare drug addicts and gays against people in our military?

If that's the case, you may have opened up a whole new can of worms if you're insinuating that those in service are worse than drug addicts or gays combined.





new topics

top topics



 
4
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join