It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tiahuanco

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Ive visited this AMAZING city,only 3% of it is uncovered (as of the last reports ive read) and its alreadya vast complex, amazing technolagys there,like a small hole carved into a stone angled in such a way that you can clearly hear someone whispering from a large distance. metal interlocks connecting the stones, the stoens themselves come from a quarry miles and miles away. It predates any S. American "mainstream" culture. what will the future hold for this amazing city? sorry for no theorys on it,i just rediscovered old photos of myself there and reidscovered my amazement for this place.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Sounds cool, it would be good if you could get those photos on.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I will scan and post later

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Your e-mail is B*** SH**** please for Tiahuanaco Ispeak exactly hmmm

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by chapo

Atleast what he said was constructive, what the blue hell was that all about?

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stuey1221

Originally posted by chapo

Atleast what he said was constructive, what the blue hell was that all about?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ah the blue ciel is the folowing

ATENTION: e-mail -- [email protected] =RETURNED =MX-- where is MX???

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 02:34 AM
link   
email

[email protected]

[email protected]

both of those should work

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by chapo YOU is bull# please for Tiahuanaco Ispeak exactly hmmm

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 03:03 AM
link   
What are we talking about here? A little more background and a little more info please.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Tiahuanaco is a city high high in the Andes mountains in Bolivia,sitting pretty much on Lake Titicaca. It was abandonded when the incans got there and they have no knowledge of who lived there. It is a massive site, a lot of carbon dating ages the sitre at 14 000 B.C. and Certain features of astrological charting built into the temple found there supports this claim. the temple itself is a calender, nearby is the "sun gate" which has chieftan holding what appears to be two spinal cords amidst a slew og hiroglyphs.

near by is a sunken area with walls littered with faces sticking out of them,carved from stone,some in better shape then others.

thats best i could do off memory.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 12:48 AM
link   
*waves hands about and magically resurrects a very dead thread from the grave* (I even tagged it, too
)

A few quick links for background info:

www.crystalinks.com...
gosouthamerica.about.com...
en.wikipedia.org...

I just learned of the existence of Tiahuanaco (Tiwanaku) tonight, while watching a UFO documentary, strangely enough. The claim was that ancient peoples could not have built the magnificent and massive structures seen at Tiahuanaco. The altitude is something like 12000 feet above sea level, meaning that it would be difficult to live there, since crops wouldn't grow well in the area. Some of the blocks used in construction are heavier than the blocks in the Egyptian pyramids; how did they get to that height? I personally have no idea how it was done.

I had never heard of Tiahuanaco, and I consider myself reasonably well informed in matters of history, so my guess is that it might be new to a bunch of members here, too.

Does anyone know more about this? Are there some good books on the subject? I'd be interested in learning more about Tiahuanaco, if anyone has any info...

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
sorry, I'm new to this site. No one has written on this wall in a long time, but in case you look back. Read Fingerprints of the Gods by Graham Hancock. He presents facts without presuppositions. He goes into Tiahuanaco in his book.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
A link to a discussion about Hancocks opinions about the city

The city

Needless to say Hancock uses a lot of things out of context and belittles the actual studies done on the site.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by dacallahan

You have to have a very loose definition of the word "fact" in order to apply it to Graham Hancock. Or Zechariah Sitchen. Or any of that crowd. They are to history what the Weekly World Sun is to newspaper.

Tiahuanaco was built by a pre-Inca society of Native Americans. It wasn't tens of thousands of years ago, it rose at around the same time Hannibal was getting his butt kicked by Rome. It's a spectacular place, but it was built by humans, with human methods. Not just by hte locas, but also by later explorers who wanted to "improve" on the design. While I understand that pseudoarchaology simply can't wrap its head around the noton of brown people doing anything without alien overlords or lost caucasians from Atlantis teaching them how, but fact is... The people who lived here were the people who built it, and the people who lived here were not aliens, Atlanteans, the lost tribe of Israel, or a colony from Mu. They were the ancestors of the Inca people.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kings Knight mare
It is a massive site, a lot of carbon dating ages the sitre at 14 000 B.C. and Certain features of astrological charting built into the temple found there supports this claim. the temple itself is a calender, nearby is the "sun gate" which has chieftan holding what appears to be two spinal cords amidst a slew og hiroglyphs.

No carbon dating places this site in that era.

It's been dated to 200 BC.

The site was looted many times and then reconstructed by people that didn't know what they were doing - so archaeoastronomical dating based on the architectural elements of the site are nothing but a bad joke - some of the points used in the old archaeoastronomy dates are presumed positions of columns or other architectural elements that weren't there at all, not a trace, when this ridiculous "dating" was done.

The Sun Gate is not in it's original position there. It's original position in the complex is completely unknown and is anybody's guerss.

Harte

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Howdy Harte

I was once told that dowsers had located the correct positions for the various key pillars and stones.......

top topics

join