It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hawthorne police kill dog dog during arrest of owner

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanssuperman

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Originally posted by Ryanssuperman

They didn't overstep their bounds. They justifiably arrested him for obstructing police. There's a hostage situation going on and this guy is yelling about his amendment rights while the police are trying to negotiate someones release. He can film all he wants, like other people were, but HE overstepped HIS BOUNDS and was interfering. Look at all the other people filming in the video. They weren't arrested.
edit on 3-7-2013 by Ryanssuperman because: (no reason given)
Not illegal to yell in a public place either. He was not in their way, he did not hinder them from doing their job in any way.

I cant believe how willing people are to defend this crap. no wonder things are as they are.

Your last sentence is a bit of a cop out. But whatever, I'll let you end it like that. If you're yelling at police while they're negotiating a hostages release, and they find it is obstructing their duties, then its justified. Oh and if you don't like it, move to another country.
edit on 3-7-2013 by Ryanssuperman because: (no reason given)
"Murica. You dont like it you can GIT OUT!". Yeah, because thats the american way

You watch. Charges will not stick on this guy, as they were not justified. He will then turn and sue them, and win. Ill lay a bet on it.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
SORRY BUT POLICE ARE IN THE WRONG HERE 110%

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Superhans
reply to post by captaintyinknots

You read the article or watch the video? Im guessing you didn't, unless you purposely argue the wrong points all the time.
This is your standard reply in all threads. Nice try, but i know your pattern.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Not illegal to yell in a public place either. He was not in their way, he did not hinder them from doing their job in any way. I cant believe how willing people are to defend this crap. no wonder things are as they are.

fear works its wonders.

Its not illegal but as I said before, the fear instilled into an officer of the law during their training is all that's needed to make a screaming man on the street a target for the police as that type of behavior is said to be unpredictable and not normal or anti social, so obviously provocation by the police is what needs to occur next.

I mean observation might find there be to no issues that need being perused at that moment but provocation/interaction will increase the chance quite significantly of there being an issue.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

You read the article or watch the video? Im guessing you didn't, unless you purposely argue the wrong points all the time.
This is your standard reply in all threads. Nice try, but i know your pattern.

I know, its so sad that this has to be a standard question, speaks volumes of people here.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
where are people getting the idea that this guy was yelling or screaming? iSwear, its like people here just read the title and skim some replies and decide to poast off that.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Superhans

where are people getting the idea that this guy was yelling or screaming?

i cant speak for others but used that "a screaming man" as an example of how easy it is get attention from police.

I watched the interview and could bring myself to watch the actual video of the incident as I am A Rottie lover/owner and its physically painful in parts of my body when I see such things and worse mentally torturing because the image stays with you.

Look I see this as a tragedy but if blame is to put some where, all must share, with the owner taking their fair share, I know I would If my Girl did anything to hurt anyone.

I see the police are a little trigger happy when it comes to dogs but like I said its their programing to fear their surroundings to make them more aware and easier to react.

Unfortunately sometimes these types of reaction creates tragedies that touch a number of people either directly or indirectly.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by InhaleExhale

i cant speak for others but used that "a screaming man" as an example of how easy it is get attention from police.

Oh, so you didn't really get the information we are talking about here and everything from you is just some knee jerk emotional reaction. why didn't you just SAY you have no idea what you are talking about?

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

reply to post by InhaleExhale

Oh, so you didn't really get the information we are talking about here and everything from you is just some knee jerk emotional reaction. why didn't you just SAY you have no idea what you are talking about?

I know exactly what I am talking about.

Sorry that some conversations and comments go way over your head.

Talk about knee jerking emotional responses.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

I read it and i feel ya

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by IvanAstikov

Based off of what is seen in the video, that is not the actions of a dog that is fearful, it is one of agression.

If you watch wolves, yotes, wild dogs, feral dogs, and any canine that does any sort of hunting, and you can see it when they play, when they attack, for something that is bigger, it is from the rear.

Thousands of years of selective breeding has not taken out instinct, and this is an example of how a dog will attack. It goes for the rear, and for the limbs or soft tissue.

Now here are a few facts that you can check on, and it is something to keep in mind.
The bite force of a Rottweiler, is 328 pounds of force. Far more than a pit bull bite, which is rated at 235 pounds of force from one hard bite. Strong enough to do some serious damage to a person.

In the video, and that can be used as evidence for the defense of the officer in any lawsuit, any good lawyer is going to point out the following:

The dog, when in the vehicle, barking is considered potentially dangerous. When it got out, it showed that it was not properly restrained, if it can get out a child can get in. When it charged, it is no longer considered a potentially dangerous dog, but now a dangerous dog.

But would the outcry had been bad if this dog had bit the officer and he had to shot it? What about if it had bit a child or even killed someone, the outcry would be much different then.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

Why not imagine it was going to run into a maternity ward and eat all the babies? The only ones under threat were an asshole cop and his mates who were harassing the dog's owner. The dog wasn't biting onto someone's limb or other body part, making it absolutely necessary to stop it with deadly force. They had plenty of options before shooting the dog was neccessary.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by IvanAstikov

No, the officer pulled his hand back before the dog bit him. Funny how many people scream about the police doing this, yet no one seems to understand that the owner is just as guilty and responsible for this. The owner had a responsibility under the law to properly restrain his dog, to which he did not. So we are now blaming the fact that the owner did not properly restrain his dog on the police?

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Yes there wouldn't have been any need to restain the dog if it weren't for the cops actions. If there still would've been it was the cops who prevented him from restaining the dog. Handcufs and all.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
My 'deleted' comments on this thread are due to my suggestion that the dog owner should have been punished in the way that the dog was dealt with and that I accused two ATS members of being stupid and dumb American nationals.......

GROW A BACKBONE and look at the bigger picture on this thread.

A man was being a nuisance whilst Police dealt with a hostage situation........
How can any of the 'stupid' people on here defend an individual who creates unnecessary disturbance and so potentially the well being of the hostage..... ............. Could have been YOUR mum, dad, son, daughter, uncle, aunt, lover, wife, friend............ Still happy this American citizen still thinks it ok to 'piss' the police off......?

Grow up

Regards

PDUK

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
To counter the boot licker side of the argument. If anyone I'd care about was in any dealing with police, wheter it was as a hostage or 911 caller I would welcome as many cameramen as humanly possible. What you call nuisance is completely in your head. I'm tempted to call it the "N-word effect". He didn't do anything to bother the cops. He was filming them to keep them accountable. Which we all know cannot be done enough in US.
How's that for backbone?

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I have kept dogs for many years, and over time it has become like protecting anything else I value or "Love".

If it is your responsibility to protect something, you must lock it, put it out of sight, or in the case of a dog, tie it up.

If the dog was under control, it probably would not have been shot by the police.

The safety of the animal was ultimately the responsibility of the owner, and he failed in his responsibility to protect it and lost the animal.

Why is it people can't understand that?, why do I see so many people walking their dogs with no leash?, even police dogs are generally ALWAYS leashed, military dogs too.

It's the same a protecting a child, but dogs run so fast you don't have a prayer of catching them.

Keep em leashed, keep em alive.

The owner really has no one but himself to blame for not having the dog under control.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I completely understand if you didn't watch the video because it's enraging. You should however know that the dog was leashed. Only reason it got loose is because the cops arrested a guy (for nothing, despite what some say) and he had accidentaly left his car windows rolled down. He was probably getting ready to leave when the cops restrained him leaving the windows unattented.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
I completely understand if you didn't watch the video because it's enraging. You should however know that the dog was leashed. Only reason it got loose is because the cops arrested a guy (for nothing, despite what some say) and he had accidentaly left his car windows rolled down. He was probably getting ready to leave when the cops restrained him leaving the windows unattented.

Not really, you are just making crap up he put the dog away and went up to the cops and turned around so they could handcuff him
edit on 3-7-2013 by Superhans because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join