It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracies in Religion Icon on ATS

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Kody27

The icon is stereotyping one religion, bottom line.

If I printed that icon out and showed it to a 1,000 people and asked them to tell me what they think it means, what do u think they would say?

Like I said, I'm sure the Christians haters love it and could care less.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by RealTruthSeeker

I'd like to point out that you're the only Christian who has had anything to say about it. And the moderators had to approve it first, several of which are also Christian and clearly didn't have an issue with it. Maybe it's not as big a problem as you're making it out to be.

edit on 2-7-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

I'd like to point out that you're the only Christian who has had anything to say about it. And the moderators had to approve it first, several of which are also Christian and clearly didn't have an issue with it. Maybe it's not as big a problem as you're making it out to be.

edit on 2-7-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

What do you mean the mods had to approve them first? Are you saying they are only approving certain post for this thread? Maybe everyone who has tried to post got their post deleted to make it look like no cares but me. I highly doubt that's the case, but that is how you make it seem.

I just asked my girlfriend what she thinks it means and she easily drew the same conclusion, and she doesn't even know anything about this forum.

I just like to know how one can justify singling out Christianity and it's ok, but if it was a different religious symbol then it would be a problem? How does that make sense?

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealTruthSeeker
reply to post by Kody27

The icon is stereotyping one religion, bottom line.

If I printed that icon out and showed it to a 1,000 people and asked them to tell me what they think it means, what do u think they would say?

God damn right. But that's besides the point.

I'm open to suggestions as to what you think would be a better symbol to represent all of religion. Go ahead, I'll wait.

What could be the one thing, that when people look at it, they think "religion"? Hmmmm, I wonder what the most popular symbol could be....

My point is, I do not think that the programmers of ATS put much thought into it. The cross was the most obvious choice and the most blatant that popped in their heads, therefore they probably realized its effectiveness. The end.

There's no "conspiracy" ( I don't even know if that could even qualify as a conspiracy) behind it. It's just a popular symbol. That's all. Plus it's pretty accurate if you ask me.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Kody27

I'm no artist, but something as simple as this would work. Naturally the magnifying glass represents taking a closer look. Nothing special, but at least no certain religion is being singled out.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

reply to post by Kody27

I'm no artist, but something as simple as this would work. Naturally the magnifying glass represents taking a closer look. Nothing special, but at least no certain religion is being singled out.

Haha wow. You're really reaching now aren't you?

You're like the people they were making fun of in the first South Park Christmas episode, when everyone got offended that there were Christmas trees, ornaments, santa clauses, stars of david, or anything religious being displayed during the holidays because something is bound to offend somebody.

Guess what? You're on a conspiracy website. If you don't like it then go whine in the corner of a dark church, but don't complain about it on here. You're not gonna win this arguement, so just give up now.

The topic is Conspiracies in Religion. Not Conspiracies in General, so a religious icon is necessary. Deal with it.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Kody27

Like I said, Christian haters love to see it. But if a religious symbol is really necessary then why not use more that one?

This one would be more accurate.

Whether you like it or not, the current icon is clearly saying that only Christianity has conspiracies. I'm just want to see something not so disrespectful towards one religion. What's wrong with that?

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

reply to post by Kody27

Like I said, Christian haters love to see it. But if a religious symbol is really necessary then why not use more that one?

This one would be more accurate.

Whether you like it or not, the current icon is clearly saying that only Christianity has conspiracies. I'm just want to see something not so disrespectful towards one religion. What's wrong with that?

Now Imagine that picture, 1/10th of the size. It's just too much of a stretch for a conspiracy website to have to change their icon to include all religious symbols, when the cross is just being used as that, a symbol. A symbol for all religions in the context of the blatant words next to it, "Conspiracies in Religion". It clearly doesn't say "Conspiracies in Christianity." although it easily could, and should.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Kody27

Size is not an issue, it could easily fit without a problem.

Riddle me this then genius. If you showed the current icon to 50 people and asked them to define what they think it means, what kind of answer do you think you would get?

It's a no brain're what the icon is saying. If you can't see it then you are either blind or just to scared to admit it.

edit on 3-7-2013 by RealTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

What if you showed them the icon then showed them to topic of the forum? You are taking the icon out of context when you decide to ignore the name of the forum it is placed under.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

What if you showed them the icon then showed them to topic of the forum? You are taking the icon out of context when you decide to ignore the name of the forum it is placed under.

I know understand what the forum is called. Let's see "Conspiracies in Religion" oddly it doesn't say "Conspiracies in Religions". When you combine the title and the icon one could only conclude that this is the place to talk about conspiracies regarding Christianity, since no other religious symbol is shown, how could you draw any other conclusion?

So either the icon should be changed, or the name of the forum should changed to "Conspiracies in Christianity".

While some may think I'm just complaining or whining for nothing, this is a legitimate thread.

The icon is clearly stereotyping one specific religion. Apparently I'm the only one (Christian) who see's it and has the balls to challenge it.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

So answer this: if they were intentionally singling out Christianity, then why IS the name "Conspiracies in Religion"? Religion is a very broad term which encompasses ALL religions, so why DIDN'T they just call it "Conspiracies in Christianity" like you say?

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

So answer this: if they were intentionally singling out Christianity, then why IS the name "Conspiracies in Religion"? Religion is a very broad term which encompasses ALL religions, so why DIDN'T they just call it "Conspiracies in Christianity" like you say?

I don't why they did what they did. But using the cross as the main symbol implies that Christianity is the only religion out there and the only one that should be questioned in regards to conspiracies. I don't understand why that is so hard to see.

People keep using the excuse "it's because the cross is the most recognized religious symbol". Ok, so then why the question mark? If there were no question mark then I might understand. But a cross with a question mark only implies one thing "Question Christianity" there is no other way to define the icon.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Because conspiracies involve people questioning things? The icon makes perfect sense, because it implies questioning religion, hence "Conspiracies in Religion" and the religious symbol in the icon.

I know what you're saying, but I disagree with it being a conspiracy.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Is no one seeing this as the new icon???

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I'm still seeing the cross with the question mark.

Good on the mods to change it, even if the idea of it being a conspiracy is a little ridiculous.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I still see the same icon, but the one you suggest would be appropriate even though it is already being used in another section..

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Your looking at this the wrong way. The fact that people argue, discuss, attack Christianity indeed says something. It says that the ideas and tenants of Christianity is worthy to disuss over all other religions. I rejoice when I see anti Christian threads. It is varification for me, as it should be for any Christian. If Christianity were irrelevant, do you think people would go to such lengths to rebel against it? Do you think people would spend the time to lurk in the forums to lash out against it if they themselves did feel convicted? I don't think so. When atheists and others attack Christianity, it should be a signal to you that you are on the right track. It's when Christians are not chastized and persecuted when you should be worried.

John 15:18 If the world hate you, know that it hated me before it hated you.

John 15:20 Remember the word that I said to you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.

1 Corinthians 4:12 And labor, working with our own hands: being reviled, we bless; being persecuted, we suffer it:

2 Corinthians 12:10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

2 Timothy 3:12 Yes, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.

Don't be dismayed brother. Leave the cross & ? and be not ashamed...be honored! It doesn't matter what the world says, it matters what the Lord says when you come face to face with Him.

edit on 5-7-2013 by Siberbat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

I would just like to know why the icon for this section only shows a cross, moreover, with a question mark? Is Christianity the only religion being single out as one with conspiracies? I'm sure this was not intentional. Or was it? Anyway, I just noticed it and thought to myself. Why?

This might not be the right place to post this so mods feel free to put it in the right place. However, I do see this as a conspiracy against Christianity.
edit on 1-7-2013 by RealTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

I don't even notice the icons, but I'll side with you on this one. Perhaps the most recognized symbol for all religions would be praying hands.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I'm still brittle about this, jk. Just bumping

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join