It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracies in Religion Icon on ATS

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by RealTruthSeeker

I think you're just looking for reasons to think your religion is being "persecuted".
edit on 1-7-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

Come on now, I never said that. It's a legitimate question.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Great minds think alike!

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   

No, you never did say it but you kind of did imply it with the topic.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
Christianity is the largest religion in the world. ATS is also a primarily Western website, meaning that having the cross (representing the religious beliefs of probably more than half of the individuals here) as an icon for the forum makes sense.

You make it sound as though since Christianity is the largest on the west, it has the most conspiracies. That makes no sense, nor is it worth justifying singling out one religious symbol.
edit on 1-7-2013 by RealTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   

What is there to justify? Having your religious symbol on a website isn't going to deter people from believing in it.

I think you're just nitpicking personally. The reason the cross is used is because it is the most recognizable "religious" symbol in the world. Nothing more, nothing less. There is no conspiracy here.

Plus, the previous symbol was of the Mona Lisa before it was changed to the cross.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   

What is there to justify? Having your religious symbol on a website isn't going to deter people from believing in it.

I think you're just nitpicking personally. The reason the cross is used is because it is the most recognizable "religious" symbol in the world. Nothing more, nothing less. There is no conspiracy here.

Plus, the previous symbol was of the Mona Lisa before it was changed to the cross.

Perhaps his point is that using the cross (a sacred and revered symbol of Christianity) in this manner could indicate this forum is for conspiracies of the Christian faith only? Why not use a generic symbol of a "god" (i.e. G) that is non-denominational?

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Then they should change it back. I'd rather see that then see any 1 religious symbol being single out. I'm not nitpicking, I'm sure you like it because you could care less about Christianity. Let's change it to an Islamic symbol with a question mark (not really) and see how many complaints you get.

Moreover, if that is the case, why not use the same symbol for this section for the conspiracy section, with a question mark? Not saying that's what I want to see. But symbols mean something, whether it be sinister or not.

IMHO, it's a symbolic message to the Christians that ATS does not agree with the thoughts and views of Christianity.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   

I actually liked the symbol from the first page. I do see your point in a way, but I would still have to say it is nitpicking. I don't think it was done intentionally to single any one religion out, it was done because the cross is a well known religious symbol.

Maybe you could take it up with the mods? I'm sure they would consider it.

EDIT: You're looking way too much into it, and you saying it's "a conspiracy against Christianity" goes to show you are looking for reasons to think your religion is being persecuted.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   

I actually liked the symbol from the first page. I do see your point in a way, but I would still have to say it is nitpicking. I don't think it was done intentionally to single any one religion out, it was done because the cross is a well known religious symbol.

Maybe you could take it up with the mods? I'm sure they would consider it.

EDIT: You're looking way too much into it, and you saying it's "a conspiracy against Christianity" goes to show you are looking for reasons to think your religion is being persecuted.

whoops, hit reply on accident. still typing. I can't say for sure if it was done intentionally or not. I'm just pointing out that at first glance it appears that only one religious group is being questioned when it comes to conspiracy in religion.

Once again, Come on now. I'm not saying Christianity is being persecuted because of this. I'm simple asking why is it that only 1 religious symbol is being shown?

They might consider, but will they change it?

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   

I think it's because the cross is probably the most world wide recognizable religious symbol. And damn brother, you clearly don't come here much to think only Christianity is taken to task, Judaism and Islam are also heavily discussed.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Krakatoa

I don't have any skills with PhotoShop or such programs. But I would think the the Coexist bumper sticker would be a great symbol for that forum. Or would that be to small and busy?

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters

I think it's because the cross is probably the most world wide recognizable religious symbol. And damn brother, you clearly don't come here much to think only Christianity is taken to task, Judaism and Islam are also heavily discussed.

Like I said, I realize it might be the largest and most recognized. But that section is about religion in general, but the icon makes it seem like the only religion being question is Christianity. Like I said, symbols and logo's mean something.

For example, take a look at this picture and tell me what you think it means.

The creators of that ad clearly singled out 1 type of people as being terrorist. I'm not Arabic or Muslim but I also found that offensive.

But I guess if your against Islam (or in this case Christianity) then it's not a big deal to you.
edit on 2-7-2013 by RealTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealTruthSeeker
I would just like to know why the icon for this section only shows a cross, moreover, with a question mark? Is Christianity the only religion being single out as one with conspiracies? I'm sure this was not intentional. Or was it? Anyway, I just noticed it and thought to myself. Why?

This might not be the right place to post this so mods feel free to put it in the right place. However, I do see this as a conspiracy against Christianity.

I'm pretty sure it was intentional, they could have used anything other than a cross, but a cross was what they settled on. That and the only faith being attacked constantly is christianity, which should tell these people something, if they had the presence of mind to think about why people hate us so much. We're worse than jews to them.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   

I would just like to know why the icon for this section only shows a cross, moreover, with a question mark? Is Christianity the only religion being single out as one with conspiracies? I'm sure this was not intentional. Or was it? Anyway, I just noticed it and thought to myself. Why?

This might not be the right place to post this so mods feel free to put it in the right place. However, I do see this as a conspiracy against Christianity.

While a Christian might be offended because they think the icon indicates a default conspiracy regarding Christianity, a non-Christian may be offended by the insinuation that the cross is used to represent the concept of religion.

Christians get to enjoy the fact that their religion is the default when speaking of religion. When people speak about a god, the majority of people on here assume you are speaking of the Christian god. It's annoying is hell. So nobody should be surprised that ATS uses a cross as an icon for "conspiracies in religion". Just think how annoyed non-Christians are everyday when the cross is used to represent most other facets of religion, as well.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Cant please everybody all the time (or christians, pretty much ever).

Im sorry, but this is just a silly thing to be worried about.

edit on 2-7-2013 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

While a Christian might be offended because they think the icon indicates a default conspiracy regarding Christianity, a non-Christian may be offended by the insinuation that the cross is used to represent the concept of religion.

Christians get to enjoy the fact that their religion is the default when speaking of religion. When people speak about a god, the majority of people on here assume you are speaking of the Christian god. It's annoying is hell. So nobody should be surprised that ATS uses a cross as an icon for "conspiracies in religion". Just think how annoyed non-Christians are everyday when the cross is used to represent most other facets of religion, as well.

I hear where you coming from. It's why I brought up the pic. I'm not Muslim, but when I saw that ad, I just thought to myself "that's pretty messed up". I live in the Seattle area and those ads were everywhere.

I'm sure some Christians take it as an honor. Sadly, some just don't know when they are being mocked. It's like winning an Oscar but everyone is throwing tomato's at you.

But hey, since Christians are suppose be all about "turn the other cheek" it's ok to mock them. Try that with some of the other religions and you might have a lawsuit on your hands, bet they would change it then.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   

christians love stealing (coveting) stuff...

it forms the core of their beliefs.

conspiracy on!

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

I think you mistook my post as one that disagrees with you. I actually agree that it's unfair and they should perhaps consider a more universal one.

I was simply pointing out that the high visibility Christianity often uses to tout authority and to hide other faiths will inevitably be used to paint it in a negative light. It's the price to pay for celebrity.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
No offense, but you are talking about the icon of a forum, right?

Is it really that important, or were you struggling for something to post about?

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Haha, it's a self-referential conspiracy against Christianity...The master plan? To subconsciously infiltrate people's minds with pseudo-subliminal symbols that summarize all of religion...because...somehow, it's gonna do somethin bad to Christianity! Yeah! And, then, like, people's brains will be washed and they'll be hypnotized into thinking that Christianity has more conspiracies than other religions!

Seriously though, if that's a conspiracy against Christianity, then I'm ashamed to be an atheist. Come on, you can do better than that guys!

Although, how many "conspiracies" are there in Buddhism? Hinduism? Taoism? Janism? How many conspiracies have these religions caused? Maybe not any. Maybe a few. But I guarantee you Christianity has them all beat, so, in my eyes, the cross is THE most appropriate thing to have next to a questions mark. I mean are they seriously gonna put a muslim symbol or a jewish star on the icon? No, because then that would look even MORE suspicious than just putting a cross. A cross is the least offensive thing they could have used to represent all of religion. If they had put the star of david, jewish people everywhere would have freaked out.

But since Christianity is more popular, is only seems fitting that the cross should be chosen to represent the religion icon. It's not complicated dude.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join