It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Constitution and Gay Marriage

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 07:22 PM
link   
The idea of marriage being between a man and a woman is a deeply religious idea and has no place being in the constitution. By establishing a ban on gay marriage you are violating the provision that prevents a law being passed that respects an establishment of religion. And you are also violating the provision that grants us all equal protection under law. If you are against gay marriage because it is a religious thing then it must be done away with completely. Because a legal recognition of marriage then is illegal. And to deny same sex couples a marriage license is illegal because of equal protection. So which way you want it? Equal rights to marriage or none at all?

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by DiRtYDeViL
We must protect the institution of marriage in this country period! It is our moral fiber, it�s what makes us strong! Marriage in the eyes of GOD!! Never mind that divorce rate #ing hypocrites, the lot of them.

What do you mean nevermind divorce rates??? If you want to protect marriage, THERE is where you should start!! If marriage keeps this nation strong, divorce is what makes this nation weak!

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 03:25 AM
link   
This has been an issue that doesnt need to be.
Marriage is a Heterosexual institution.
It would be like calling a gay a heterosexual ??????
Gay people dont want marriage they want equal rights.
Istead of saying "no you cant have what weve got ie marriage" why has no one either in the gay community or government officials come up with a solution.
I have and here it is
we'll call it "Gayrige" as to not offend any of our heterosexual brothers and sisters.
We will give "Gayrige" the same legal merrits as Marriage in the eyes of the law.
all willl be equal
everyone happy
maybe I need to work on the name but you get the idea he he
dont need a bazooka to kill a mosquito

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dan West
This has been an issue that doesnt need to be.
Marriage is a Heterosexual institution.
It would be like calling a gay a heterosexual ??????
Gay people dont want marriage they want equal rights.
Istead of saying "no you cant have what weve got ie marriage" why has no one either in the gay community or government officials come up with a solution.
I have and here it is
we'll call it "Gayrige" as to not offend any of our heterosexual brothers and sisters.
We will give "Gayrige" the same legal merrits as Marriage in the eyes of the law.
all willl be equal
everyone happy
maybe I need to work on the name but you get the idea he he
dont need a bazooka to kill a mosquito

RIGHT dude, gays just want equal
Gays are like blacks in 1920
Gays are normal people, they just have different sex life that is not of anyone's buisnesss
Imagine you love someone, but you can't marry/have a legal union, would you be mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Society is really really ignorant because of all the crap they put on the medias to brainwashe us...some people just fall for it and developpe intorelance

Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Correct me if i'am wrong..........but isn't marriage a Christian tradition (i mean marriage in its Western form), if so, than why should any State decide the criteria for it, this is the responsibility of the Church.

Marriage should become only a religious commitment, and not a State one, perhaps the State should institute an areligious replacement for marriage.

This current arguement which is occuring around the Western world, only proves that the seperation between Church and State is gradually disappearing.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Volkgeister
Correct me if i'am wrong..........but isn't marriage a Christian tradition (i mean marriage in its Western form), if so, than why should any State decide the criteria for it, this is the responsibility of the Church.

Marriage should become only a religious commitment, and not a State one, perhaps the State should institute an areligious replacement for marriage.

This current arguement which is occuring around the Western world, only proves that the seperation between Church and State is gradually disappearing.

True!!!! If you are gay and non-christian, why can't you get married
Marriage now, is more for law than god

Amelia

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   
If you're gay and christian you should be able to get married too.

OK- to all those whom oppse gay marriage: forget religion and religious values, why shouldn't gays be married?

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I think the world needs to understand this
When a society alienates a part of its population, This part of its population seeks to find its own solution.
Gay people have not asked for its own independant state.
There are an estimated 600 million gay people in the world. We are in every part of society including the design of weapons for war, Trust me when I say we would be able to defend ourselves with more than powder puffs. I suggest that we would rappidly become a world super power that is tolent, friendly and an ecconomic power house

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 08:53 PM
link   
The government does not belong in my bedroom. The government should not legislate who I live with. The government should get out of the marriage business.
People who are in a proveable long-term relationship should have full benefits. Period.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by cryptorsa1001
I worked for a company that was tolerant of Gays. since the company was tolerant they came out of the closet so to say. They had the gay banner as screen savers, they openly talked about #ucking their significant other up the ass. They would make comments about guys that walked by. The guys in my department were always touching me and trying to get me to go to thier gay bars and to come back to thier house after work.
*snip*
I am a very secure person but will not tolerate another man touching me in a sexual way.

Well, I find this a little hard to swallow.

I lived in a largely gay neighborhood in the 70s. Many of my friends and neighbors were gay men. (BTW, I am a straight woman.) I saw no gay men coming on the straight men.
Gays usually know who is approachable. They would not be behaving that way toward...is there more to this story you are telling us?

I worked for 30+ years in an institution where there is a number of gay men and women. They worked side by side with straights. It was not an issue. Some even socialized as any coworkers would socialize

Again, the gays I've known know who would be agreeable to advances.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join