It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Distracting the American Public...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Are the mouth-breathers really this lobotomized to so easily be distracted from understanding that which directly impacts their lives and mindlessly following the shiny objects which have zero impact on their life or society as a whole?

• Egypt is on the verge of total implosion.

• Over One Million Protesters in Brazil have taken to the streets to voice their dissatisfaction and discontent with their government. In multiple clashes with police the protesters have thrown petrol bombs at the Brazilian police force. The protests are growing each day.

• Europe is becoming aggressively and justifiably outraged at the US invading the privacy of their citizens and their elected leaders.

• The German people are VERY angry at the US government violating their privacy; if history has taught us one thing it is to not piss off the German people; they are some of the most resilient people in the world.

• The US is on the verge of backing elements of Al-Qaeda in Syria, interfering with a religious civil war and potentially starting World War 3 if the US makes the wrong choices and further pisses off Russia.

• The IRS is harassing citizens based on their political leanings.

• The US government has voided many of the key components of the Constitution.

But what is every media outlet in the US focused on?
The Trial of George Zimmerman

Makes perfect sense... doesn't it???

To quote the great Bill Hicks (with one small modification):

"Go back to bed, America.
Your government has figured out how it all transpired.
Go back to bed, America.
Your government is in control again.
Here. Here's the Trial of George Zimmerman. Watch this, shut up.
Go back to bed, America.
Here is the Trial of George Zimmerman. Here is 56 channels of it!
Watch these pituitary retards bang their #ing skulls together and congratulate you on living in the land of freedom.
Here you go, America!
You are free to do what we tell you!
You are free to do what we tell you!”

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
But the Zimmerman incident started a year before any of the rest of these scandals and uprisings.

Here's the thing.

Everyone else on the planet is sick of EVERYTHING.

America is just to damn lazy to do ANYTHING about ANYTHING.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankenchrist
But the Zimmerman incident started a year before any of the rest of these scandals and uprisings.

Here's the thing.

Everyone else on the planet is sick of EVERYTHING.

But the Zimmerman trial is the current distraction of the month.

It is because I love my country that I hope the world calls the US out on the hypocritical, unethical, criminal behavior that has gone unchecked for so long. I'd love nothing more for the European Union to expel all US troops from EU member-nations.

It is not that Americans are too lazy, it is that they are too lobotomized that they identify with political party and not ideology. This is evident by the total lack of public outrage and protests against the intrusive, invasive surveillance of all American's privacy rights and treating American citizens no different than possible terrorists.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Are the mouth-breathers really this lobotomized to so easily be distracted from understanding that which directly impacts their lives and mindlessly following the shiny objects which have zero impact on their life or society as a whole?
reply to post by NickDC202

You almost had it! Sooo close! Everything you listed are the shiny objects. We are being bombarded by horrors being acted out one on top of another. Bam, nuclear meltdown Japan, bam, nuclear threat Korea, bam, civil unrest throughout the world, bam, China threatens Japan, bam, Boston marathon bombing, bam, government secrets revealed, Snowden...

Too many things, way too close together. I'm not bright enough to piece together a valid conspiracy, but why are we being so constantly (I can't think of a better word than) entertained? What's behind the veil that we're not seeing?

Something is there, but I just don't have the brain power to see what's actually going on. Are we being kept busy in order to prevent us from seeing an end of the world event on the horizon? A rock the size of the moon coming at us? Polar ice caps melting and will soon flood the atmosphere with methane? Is an intelligent alien species with power beyond anything we have threatening our governments to...? I don't know.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Hardly and excuse, maybe more of an explanation. There are disinformation forces at work. They are working very hard. People in general have different levels of ability to think critically and resolve issues based on the facts around them. When you throw in a group that grabs control of media, be it internet, broadcast television, or whatever, there is an unfair advantage of the manipulators over the general populace. It doesn't surprise me at all that the majority is running around the pasture like a flock of sheep while the wolves plan the dinner.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
To also quote the great George Carlin:

Our differences that is all the media and the politicians are ever talking about things that separate us, things that make us different from one another. That is the way the ruling class operates in any society. They try to divide the rest of the people. They keep the lower and the middle classes fighting with each other, so that they the rich can run off with all the f****** money. Fairly simple thing, happens to work. You know, anything different that is what they are gonna talk about. Race, religion, ethnic and national background, jobs, income, education, social status, sexuality, anything they can do to keep us fighting with each other so that they can keep going to the bank

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankenchrist

We're not too damn lazy, we're too damn BUSY. 90%of us are just 2 paychecks away from being HOMELESS.
That doesn't leave much time for protesting does it?

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by NickDC202
  • Europe is becoming aggressively and justifiably outraged at the US invading the privacy of their citizens and their elected leaders.

• The German people are VERY angry at the US government violating their privacy; if history has taught us one thing it is to not piss off the German people; they are some of the most resilient people in the world.

• The IRS is harassing citizens based on their political leanings.

• The US government has voided many of the key components of the Constitution.

• Well, almost every American not on the government dole is so mad at the US govs and the alphabet agencies they could spit.
    I think they may have burned too many bridges. There is no one left to hide behind.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 09:54 PM
    link   
    - Fine, let Egypt implode. Let them work it out themselves. I guess the Muslim Brotherhood isn't all it's cracked up to be. Bring on the Arab Summer. Let's just stay the hell out of it.

- Fine, let the Brazilians protest. Let them work it out themselves.

- Fine, let Europe be "outraged". Let the leaders wag their fingers and stomp their feet in indignation. Then at the end of the day they go to their intel briefings conducted by their Intel agencies that are doing the exact same thing the US is doing. I looked up EU in the dictionary, it said "See Hypocrite"

- Fine let the Germans be "VERY" angry. Their panties will be in a bunch for a while. See above.

- I agree on Syria, it's turning into a religious war that we have no business being involved in. Let them kill themselves. Let all those religious whacko's kill themselves.

- The IRS is almost becoming a shadow army. It needs to be reigned in asap.

- The US Constitution....what's that? It's almost on the verge of being consigned to the circular file of history.

I remember right after 9/11, Bush said to carry on as normal. We went just the opposite way. We've developed a bunker mentality that grows stronger by the day.

But at least we have the "transparent" Obama administration, telling us everything is okay. And people are chugging that Koolaid by the gallon.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 11:11 PM
    link   
    lol, you are just mad because you have convinced yourself that you are so smart and the topics that grab your attention are SO important that someone would HAVE to be a mouth breathing retard to even be bothered by reading ANYTHING else other than what interests you. That is just a sign of having USI.

The zimmerman trial is actually important. Zimmerman lawfully pwnd a kid with his justice cannon and the cops were like "its cool bro". Just the fact that he is on trial for murder and not manslaughter is showing how the media can spin a story and people are more concerned about being politically correct that it can actually get you locked up for life.

But yeah, protesters in egypt has such a deep impact on my day to day living

top topics

join